Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Feb 5, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #2,641 of 6,413
Hi guys,
My ASG 1.2's right driver died off recently and sent over an email to Dale, who told me to ship it to him for repair. It's also to my understanding that you can send in the 1.2's and get a discount off the ASG-2's; is this true? If so, should i wait for the 2 to be released, and then send them in? Also, does anyone know if the shape of the ASG-2 differs from the 1? I stopped using mine because of the excruciating pain that I got when wearing these for an hour or so.

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #2,642 of 6,413
For the most part, yes, anyone can come in. It's not like their is a fee at the door, but it's not advertised to the public. You would only really know about it if you were a Head-Fi Member. Check out the threads for the meets currently being planned here: http://www.head-fi.org/f/24/local-regional-head-fi-meets-parties-get-togethers

Maybe you can start a thread and get a meet together for people in your area.
Quote:
So when can we order it? And can anyone attend the meet up? Just walk in and listen to some head gear? Wish they had these in New Zealand :frowning2:

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #2,643 of 6,413
Does anyone happen to know what the turnaround time is for customs ordered during the sale? I was just curious and getting excited :)

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #2,644 of 6,413
I believe their is some last minute changes being done to all models, I have not heard of anyone getting their customs or generics from the sale. I think shotgunshane had said somewhere that his AS-2's which were ordered way before the sale were undergoing some last minute revisions, so I assume everyone else's are as well. Hopefully they have delayed shipping their product for a very good reason we all can appreciate. I'm not too worried about it, just give it a little time, our patience will be rewarded.
Quote:
Does anyone happen to know what the turnaround time is for customs ordered during the sale? I was just curious and getting excited :)

Please read the last 20 pages, the shape of the ASG-2 shell has been discussed to an extreme. IT's different, if you wanna know how, go look. As to the discount, you were already in talks with Dale, I would've asked the man in charge about that first. AFAIK, their is no discount yet, but that's not to say their wont be. Dale has not been specific about what the upgrade program will be for ASG-1 to ASG-2's. It's still one of those unknown things, but we do know their will eventually be a program for upgrading. 

Hi guys,
My ASG 1.2's right driver died off recently and sent over an email to Dale, who told me to ship it to him for repair. It's also to my understanding that you can send in the 1.2's and get a discount off the ASG-2's; is this true? If so, should i wait for the 2 to be released, and then send them in? Also, does anyone know if the shape of the ASG-2 differs from the 1? I stopped using mine because of the excruciating pain that I got when wearing these for an hour or so.

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #2,645 of 6,413
Quote:
Hi guys,

The shape of the 2 has changed from what we last heart.  It should be more comfortable to wear :wink:  And yes, eventually, Aurisonics will release information about upgrade prices :wink:  

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #2,646 of 6,413
If anyones interested, Haydens character in Nashville tonight's episode is wearing her Aurisonics gear. You can see some frosty goodness if you look real hard. 

And then Connie Britton has her CIEM's on her shoulder as she talks to Charles Esten. Good to see a show actually using something appropriate to the setting. 

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #2,647 of 6,413
Wow so ASG-1.3 will be happening. New bass valve and tips for the ASG-2 also. Very cool.

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #2,648 of 6,413
So ASG-1.3 speculations: New driver, new tips, maybe new shell shape?
Quote:
Wow so ASG-1.3 will be happening. New bass valve and tips for the ASG-2 also. Very cool.

Aurisonics posted lots of cool stuff on their Facebook page. Glad to see they addressed the order of their shipping plans. Sale orders, then contest winners, then NAMM orders.

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #2,650 of 6,413
Pretty sure the word, "Awesome" will come to mind.
Quote:
Hmm, I'd be interested in hearing the 1.3 improvements.

Did anyone else actually click the link to the ASG-2 brochure? I was in for a huge surprise http://www.aurisonics.com/media/AurisonicsASG-2.pdf

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #2,651 of 6,413
Quote:
Pretty sure the word, "Awesome" will come to mind.

Did anyone else actually click the link to the ASG-2 brochure? I was in for a huge surprise http://www.aurisonics.com/media/AurisonicsASG-2.pdf

The few who have their AS-2 already may want to send them back for a little update

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #2,652 of 6,413
Emailed Dale about that a bit ago, havent really heard back. I assumed I wouldn't get a response till the new driver was in more than just my AS-1's before he's willing to discuss dropping in a set of the new drivers in my AS-2's. But I am soon to send them back for the hyper-coating treatment, so maybe I'll just be lucky again and have a lot more work done to them.
Quote:
The few who have their AS-2 already may want to send them back for a little update

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #2,653 of 6,413
I was debating what I wanted to do with my 1.2's but now I suppose I might upgrade to the 1.3. It will be pretty awesome to have 3 different models to compare :)

I'd ask Dale what the cost is for the black chrome but I have a feeling I don't want to know, lol.

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #2,654 of 6,413
Quote:

I'm not sure they were planning to change port styles on the customs also.  It would disrupt the work put into the plates, and as Dale said earlier about the tuneable ASG-2s, they didn't have room for both the bass port and the ambient port.

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #2,655 of 6,413
Quote:

I'm not sure they were planning to change port styles on the customs also.  It would disrupt the work put into the plates, and as Dale said earlier about the tuneable ASG-2s, they didn't have room for both the bass port and the ambient port.

I think they are since you have a bit more room to play with on a custom vs a generic. I think it would be kinda odd if they didn't. Perhaps those with the ambient might not be able to get it but I don't see why not for the regular AS-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back