Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Dec 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #2,462 of 6,413
It's nice to see a shot of the Stealth cover in action. It's really cool though not quite what I thought it would be. A small part of me almost likes my frosted ASG-1 better. Hmm.

Dec 16, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #2,463 of 6,413
Bass port with ASG 2 would be good. Guess its worth $100 for bassheads like me unless its kind of useless like Sennheisers one on the IE8 and IE80.

I actually got it to lessen the bass haha. That's what's so cool about it. People with totally different tastes can enjoy the same iem.

Dec 16, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #2,464 of 6,413
Quote:
I actually got it to lessen the bass haha. That's what's so cool about it. People with totally different tastes can enjoy the same iem.

Is this the IE80 or ASG 2? I always thought the bass port on the IE80 was useless... On full it would be bloated like crazy and if tuned all the way down it will still be bloated but with slightly less impact. I even had to EQ that IEM a bit and trust me, I am a crazy as basshead.

Dec 16, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #2,465 of 6,413
Yea, but the image on the site was just a render. 
Quote:
It's nice to see a shot of the Stealth cover in action. It's really cool though not quite what I thought it would be. A small part of me almost likes my frosted ASG-1 better. Hmm.

On another note, I thought getting a set of AS-1's would mainly be for you the members of the community to get my impressions of a product you would know more closely, so you could understand how I feel about the AS-2's. Well....the new driver makes it hard to compare. I definitely understand how the two are siblings. Right now I am grinning ear to ear though as they sound quite amazing. No regrets having two sets of custom IEM's. They have their own unique qualities to them and the new driver is tons of fun, anyone that likes what Aurisonics has been putting out will absolutely love what they have in store for everyone.

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #2,467 of 6,413
Keep those entries coming to the "Get your Bass on Contest". Today is the last day to enter. Once all entries are received we will begin to review them and judge for winners.

Dec 18, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #2,468 of 6,413
[size=medium]The Aurisonics "Get your BASS on" contest is officially closed. Thanks to everyone for participating. We appreciate everyone taking time to enter and to write some wonderful things about our products. We will get all the entries together and review internally. Once the winners are selected we will announce them on our facebook page. [/size]

Dec 24, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #2,471 of 6,413
sshhh, twas the night before x-mas on Head-Fi, all was quiet, nothing was a stirring, not even a mouse, cuz they all where jamming away, lol,

well I've been making some noise with my yet another set of W4's, for a few weeks now, and although they are different then my ASGs, they don't have the mids of the ASG that I am addicted to, would be nice to have the best of both of them, ah ha, can't wait for the ASG-2s! I am thinking/ hoping it will be end game material! Dale has done some wonders for me, and gone extra miles, a great guy to have behind the Aurisonic wheel, and I'm anxious to hear what all he has in store for all of us bass heads!

anyway so I am back to getting my ASG fix, and instead of using the L3, I have pulled out my Voyager which even though a dark amp is giving some better balance/clearity/sound then the L3 was? what an addictive sound these have, paired up with the right gear the do shine! iPod>CLAS> Voyager/L3>ZOv1
tongue.gif
! on thumper, donar, blitzin, thumpin is right! holy sh!tzu ka-sweet!

sshhh, now back to the regularly scheduled holidays!

Dec 25, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #2,472 of 6,413
Hello :), after months of researches I finally decided the AS-2 could be the right IEM for me (it used to be the AS-1 before that for its price/performance ratio). I still have 2 questions remaining though :

1) Did anybody move from Sennheiser IE8 to AS-1 or AS-2 and could tell me his impression ? I've read a lot on the subject and I'm a bit worried I'm actually using IE8 + custom tips, the IE8 together with custom tips (they almost double the distance to the speaker/dynamic-driver, the tips go all the way up to the flat part of the IEM - they are still removable though -) have a very wide soundstage, most of the time I have the illusion the sound doesn't come from the speakers but that it comes from behind it, and as I switched to customs I could also hear very deep basses. Now the speakers in the AS-2 are twice as large, it does offer a lot of possibilities in terms of basses (no doubt about that...) but as for soundstage it depends on more than just the size of the speaker, like the placement inside the shell for instance, which is why I'd like to have some more opinion :).
The only comparisons I found claimed that ASG-1 doesn't  have a soundstage as big as the IE8.

2) I'm probably going to need a reshell every 2/3 years or so. I read that I won't pay full price for that (seems logical) but when reshelling will I be able to upgrade to an hypothetic AS-3 for a bit lower price ? Note : not serious if I can't upgrade it but it's important to know that at least I can renew it for a lower price :).
My ears apparently change a lot as I'm still young (only 20) thus my custom tips that I did 2 years back do not provide much isolation anymore (well compared to before when I could listen to music in the bus or suburban train...) and I also have less basses, not only can I hear it but I can also tell because if I just open my mouth I can have deeper basses as the seal gets tighter. Not only that but from an aesthetic point of view it's rather ugly... It makes a fat mass of silicon which turned a bit yellow by the way and in France nobody knows wth is in my ears, with the silicon "housing" in the ear but a part of the shell actually outside the ear it looks like badly inserted cheap IEM.

Sorry for the very long post :frowning2:, I have to be sure of what I do because it will be my only gift - we give presents later in January (to have all the family together -), but I'll probably ask to have it later I expect either the price to go down or an AS-3. I can't forgive myself to have missed the special pricing day :'(.

Thank you :)

Dec 26, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #2,475 of 6,413
Quote:
cartilage grows throughout your life, regardless of age
but fit should stay relatively consistent after age 25, unless major weight change

Nice to know that thanks ^^, it's understandable that companies like ultimate ears keep prints of their customer in a special place.
Thank you both for reading btw :p
I wanted to add something : I also happen  to have customised Shure SE420 I was constantly switching from one IEM to the other one because the IE8 can't offer the clarity of the SE420 and the Shure can't offer the basses of the IE8, even with a lot of equalization. This is why having an hybrid IEM must be interesting' :). I read that it is able to deliver a lot of basses while not muffling much mediums and highs :). My questions are too specific I guess, if I get answers that good but if not I'll just trust myself... 

I need to know for the reshell though, for an AS-2 how much will it be if after 2 or 3 years I want to keep the drivers but get the fit good again ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back