Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Dec 13, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #2,416 of 6,413
OMG $375... Wish I could have of grabbed a pair. Can you use the hyper coating on the ASG 2? Or just AS 2? And is it sticky? 

Hypercoating only benefits the AS-2 custom IEM since the shell material is in direct contact with the ear to form the seal.  The ASG-2 is a universal IEM, so removable tips will be used to accommodate the seal.

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #2,417 of 6,413
Quote:

Hypercoating only benefits the AS-2 custom IEM since the shell material is in direct contact with the ear to form the seal.  The ASG-2 is a universal IEM, so removable tips will be used to accommodate the seal.

Thanks. 

Are there any reviews on the AS 2 yet? Assuming it sounds exactly the same as the ASG 2 but with a custom shell?

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #2,418 of 6,413
Thanks. 

Are there any reviews on the AS 2 yet? Assuming it sounds exactly the same as the ASG 2 but with a custom shell?

If you comb the last ten pages or so, some musicians (who have the AS-2) have offered their impressions.  As far as the rest of Head-Fi, we don't have the AS-2 yet as the HF release promo just finished up and no one (except for Kenman) has their AS-2.  Sit tight.. the reviews will start rolling in, soon enough.  If there's a new thread for it, you can rest assured it will be linked to here in this thread.

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:30 AM Post #2,419 of 6,413
Quote:

If you comb the last ten pages or so, some musicians (who have the AS-2) have offered their impressions.  As far as the rest of Head-Fi, we don't have the AS-2 yet as the HF release promo just finished up and no one (except for Kenman) has their AS-2.  Sit tight.. the reviews will start rolling in, soon enough.  If there's a new thread for it, you can rest assured it will be linked to here in this thread.

Oh right. Will read the musicians reviews on this thread. Cannot wait for the ASG 2!

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #2,420 of 6,413
Hi Aurisonics,

I know I mentioned it before, but I didn't see a reply.

Do you think you could try to work out cheap shipping internationally for ASG 1.2 upgrades to ASG 2.

I remember I paid a lot for shipping to Australia when I bought my ASG 1.2.

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #2,423 of 6,413
Going to get my ear impressions done on Saturday so went ahead and got myself some ear cleaning solution :S
Felt like spraying water into my ears.... don't know how much it had done lol.

Kinda nervous, wonder if it'll hurt.

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #2,424 of 6,413
Quote:
Going to get my ear impressions done on Saturday so went ahead and got myself some ear cleaning solution :S
Felt like spraying water into my ears.... don't know how much it had done lol.
Kinda nervous, wonder if it'll hurt.

You should let the audiologist clean your ears right before you get the impressions done. No point doing it now since there will always be more wax by the time you do it. 

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #2,425 of 6,413
I'll share my experience from this morning which was the first time I had been to an audiologist.  My appointment was a little scattered as they apparently had me down for a hearing aid - even though I specifically stated I was getting custom in ear musicians monitors and needed ear impressions when I called.  Anyways, I had added a hearing test so I could get a baseline.  At that time, she checked my ears and noticed the left was clear and right was pretty blocked.  She fit me in with the ENT across the hall and rather than flushing my ear, he used a tool to pluck the wax and I won't lie, it was fairly uncomfortable but only for a really brief time.  I didn't realize how blocked it was until he did that!  I asked what I could do at home to keep this from happening and they said not to change a thing.  Ear wax is naturally produced by the body to remove foreign bodies, water and dirt and at times, we can build up too much.  If you think there's an issue, you should call your primary care doc or ENT and they can quickly remedy the situation.  With customs being fairly deep, he mentioned I would know there's an issue if I start seeing wax when I remove them.  If the office has ENT's they should be able to clean your ears as I don't think (but am not positive) that audiologists do this.  That might be why some folks have been asked to reschedule. Maybe call the office and check so you're not surprised?

The impressions: they put in the otto blocks and it was kind of uncomfortable and then fill your ears for the impressions.  It's kind of fun to hear how much sound it takes out of the room.  The audiologist I saw did two sets - one with a bite block/mouth open and one with my mouth relaxed and closed to cover all bases.  You will drool with your mouth open - kind of unavoidable.  My charge was $50 total and they put them in a box with all of my info on the side and gave it to me to mail out. They're on their way to Dale and his team as we speak 
smile.gif
   I really can't wait to see the end result!

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #2,426 of 6,413
That's a naive thought process. You want to have your ears clean all the time, build up may cause impacted ear wax and its easier to clean when your ears are already relatively clean. 
Quote:
You should let the audiologist clean your ears right before you get the impressions done. No point doing it now since there will always be more wax by the time you do it. 

That's awesome! I went on a regiment of over a week or two of cleaning my ears out thoroughly so i didnt have to be sent anywhere as no local ENT was around the audiologist I went to. Some audiologists wont see you unless you have seen an ENT recently. Ran into that problem when I was finding a location to do my impressions.

I'll share my experience from this morning which was the first time I had been to an audiologist.  My appointment was a little scattered as they apparently had me down for a hearing aid - even though I specifically stated I was getting custom in ear musicians monitors and needed ear impressions when I called.  Anyways, I had added a hearing test so I could get a baseline.  At that time, she checked my ears and noticed the left was clear and right was pretty blocked.  She fit me in with the ENT across the hall and rather than flushing my ear, he used a tool to pluck the wax and I won't lie, it was fairly uncomfortable but only for a really brief time.  I didn't realize how blocked it was until he did that!  I asked what I could do at home to keep this from happening and they said not to change a thing.  Ear wax is naturally produced by the body to remove foreign bodies, water and dirt and at times, we can build up too much.  If you think there's an issue, you should call your primary care doc or ENT and they can quickly remedy the situation.  With customs being fairly deep, he mentioned I would know there's an issue if I start seeing wax when I remove them.  If the office has ENT's they should be able to clean your ears as I don't think (but am not positive) that audiologists do this.  That might be why some folks have been asked to reschedule. Maybe call the office and check so you're not surprised?

The impressions: they put in the otto blocks and it was kind of uncomfortable and then fill your ears for the impressions.  It's kind of fun to hear how much sound it takes out of the room.  The audiologist I saw did two sets - one with a bite block/mouth open and one with my mouth relaxed and closed to cover all bases.  You will drool with your mouth open - kind of unavoidable.  My charge was $50 total and they put them in a box with all of my info on the side and gave it to me to mail out. They're on their way to Dale and his team as we speak 
smile.gif
   I really can't wait to see the end result!

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #2,427 of 6,413
I don't know that he's saying you shouldn't keep your ears clean - I'm thinking he was simply meaning that if it's possible, he should let someone do it if they can at the appointment. At least that's what I took from it.  I keep my ears clean but in all honesty, like my guy said, it happens.  

Yes - and partly why I chose an office of ENT's and Audiologists :)  I had been to an ENT previously for my voice but I had never had my ears cleaned.  Now that I know what it feels like when it's blocked I will catch it way sooner!  They also think it was causing my tinnitus. 

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #2,428 of 6,413
Yea, after getting impressions your ears are super clean it feels like. I think after new years I am gonna go to an ENT to get my ears cleaned out. Been a while and probably should be checked out
Quote:
I don't know that he's saying you shouldn't keep your ears clean - I'm thinking he was simply meaning that if it's possible, he should let someone do it if they can at the appointment. At least that's what I took from it.  I keep my ears clean but in all honesty, like my guy said, it happens.  

Yes - and partly why I chose an office of ENT's and Audiologists :)  I had been to an ENT previously for my voice but I had never had my ears cleaned.  Now that I know what it feels like when it's blocked I will catch it way sooner!  They also think it was causing my tinnitus. 

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #2,429 of 6,413
Quote:
That's a naive thought process. You want to have your ears clean all the time, build up may cause impacted ear wax and its easier to clean when your ears are already relatively clean. 
That's awesome! I went on a regiment of over a week or two of cleaning my ears out thoroughly so i didnt have to be sent anywhere as no local ENT was around the audiologist I went to. Some audiologists wont see you unless you have seen an ENT recently. Ran into that problem when I was finding a location to do my impressions.

No, what I meant was, you should use the ear cleaning solution the day you go to your audiologist and once you're there they will clean it for you too or else just go to an ENT first. Obviously you want to have clean ears... Use Q tips everyday after the shower.

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #2,430 of 6,413
The ENT was referring to the fact that you should not do the same procedure that he just performed for you at home. The reason the medical community is highly against people doing personal ear cleanings is because many people are not very good at following directions and quite a few cases of perforated eardrums come in due to trying to clean one's ear. Also, there are expiratory dates for ear cleaning solutions as well, which when left for too long, or used in unsanitary conditions leaves people with outer ear infections (otitis externa).

For example, one risk that is unknown to those not in the medical field is the existence of the caloric reflex test. When someone tries to inject cold water into their ear, it will cause an activation of your vestibular system, causing the whole world to spin in the direction of that ear, where as injecting warm water will cause the world to spin in the opposite direction. When some people try to clean out their ear using water injection while standing, most aren't expecting the impending nausea and this can catch them off guard and cause someone to fall and injure themselves.

Due to the potential medical liability of someone mis-using any procedures suggested by the doctor and the overall low benefit to risk ratio, it is common practice for doctors to recommend not changing anything and coming in when there is ever an issue. 

Just trying to provide the other side to explain the ENT's actions. It's never meant to insult the patient's intelligence nor are they being naive, they simply realize that there are just too many people out there who can possibly screw things up and then come back and blame them for something that could have easily been avoided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back