Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Dec 8, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #2,356 of 6,413
So the ASG-2 will be shipped end of January. Is this the case also for ASG-2 with bass port? I'm not sure, but I think I read somewhere that orders with bass port have to wait additional 3-4 weeks, correct?

Dec 8, 2012 at 8:42 AM Post #2,357 of 6,413
Quote:
So the ASG-2 will be shipped end of January. Is this the case also for ASG-2 with bass port? I'm not sure, but I think I read somewhere that orders with bass port have to wait additional 3-4 weeks, correct?

I believe Dale stated those ordering extras could wait up to 3-4 weeks longer. I would assume if you got just the bass port that it wouldn't be too long but if you got all the extras it might take longer (especially the face plates).

Dec 8, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #2,358 of 6,413
If you read over the process Aurisonics uses to build their CIEM's, you'd realize that they do digitally scan them in to work on them on a computer and then print out your shells. I was merely remarking that in the future if they became a big enough company dealing with tons of international orders on the regular basis, they could speed up their turn around time by implementing something like that.
Quote:
kenman, 

Ha, with today's technology, you sure think something like that would be possible!  Even if it were, I'd still be SOL living in this coastal town in Central Queensland haha!  When I went in to get my impressions, the audiologist looked at me like I was absolutely crazy, had no earthly idea what I was talking about!  Luckily she did a good job, sent the pictures in to Aurisonics and the guys said they looked really good from all angles.  

I'm so excited for these IEMs, once I decided to go with the AS-2s (in large part due to your review, and the great help I received from Aurisonics), I took a half day off work, went to the audiologist, then straight to the post office and asked to get them to the US as fast as possible! 
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Also a friendly reminder, anyone that's going to an Audiologist for impressions should make sure to clean their ears to ensure the highest quality possible impressions are made. 

Dec 8, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #2,359 of 6,413
I have to congratulate Dale on this:
I am now sitting here impatiently waiting for information on how I can give you an undisclosed sum of money for an undisclosed IEM "upgrade". If that isn't marketing at its best, I don't know what is. .

Could you possibly give some vague information on size/shape compared to the ASG-1? I'm hoping for just a little bit smaller.

Dec 8, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #2,360 of 6,413
I was in total agreement with you.  It would be more of a logistics issue from the audiologist standpoint, I would imagine; having the scanner for one, collaborating with the manufacturers for two.

Good tip, as well!  I small bit came out with my impressions, but it was so deep in my ear the tech said there would be no way I could have even reached that far in my ear with a Q-tip even if I wanted to! 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
If you read over the process Aurisonics uses to build their CIEM's, you'd realize that they do digitally scan them in to work on them on a computer and then print out your shells. I was merely remarking that in the future if they became a big enough company dealing with tons of international orders on the regular basis, they could speed up their turn around time by implementing something like that.

EDIT: Also a friendly reminder, anyone that's going to an Audiologist for impressions should make sure to clean their ears to ensure the highest quality possible impressions are made. 

Dec 8, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #2,361 of 6,413
Oh no no no, you don't wanna be digging in there with a Q tip, does more damage than good!

Dec 8, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #2,362 of 6,413
If your ears aren't cesspools of wax, it's perfectly fine to use a q-tip. Ensures the outer ear and walls of the canal are free of lumps that may cause small variances in your impressions.

Dec 8, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #2,363 of 6,413
Haha exactly! The piece that came out was right at the eardrum guard, so too deep to be plunging away with a Q-Tip anyways
Quote:
If your ears aren't cesspools of wax, it's perfectly fine to use a q-tip. Ensures the outer ear and walls of the canal are free of lumps that may cause small variances in your impressions.

Dec 8, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #2,364 of 6,413
Same thing with me, mine are perfect, it should be okay.

Please note i did not say just dig in to your ear canal. be careful  but that's the most readily available cleaning tool
Quote:
I was in total agreement with you.  It would be more of a logistics issue from the audiologist standpoint, I would imagine; having the scanner for one, collaborating with the manufacturers for two.

Good tip, as well!  I small bit came out with my impressions, but it was so deep in my ear the tech said there would be no way I could have even reached that far in my ear with a Q-tip even if I wanted to! 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 9, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #2,365 of 6,413
Quote:
Quote:

I believe Dale stated those ordering extras could wait up to 3-4 weeks longer. I would assume if you got just the bass port that it wouldn't be too long but if you got all the extras it might take longer (especially the face plates).

[size=medium]Product will begin shipping first come first serve after we get back from NAMM. Everything will not ship at once some of you will begin to see people getting there ASG-2 and want yours. Please be patient the demand not just from Head-fi but from all our dealers and network around the world have been outstanding. Any custom options can delay your ASG-2 as long as four weeks before we ship. Our production staff is very efficient and good at what they do. We will do our best to deliver as quickly as possible. Thank you to everyone again for your amazing support of our brand yesterday and for becoming new members of the Aurisonics family.[/size]

Dec 9, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #2,366 of 6,413
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

[size=medium]Not everyone around the globe has the necessary scanning equipment as it can be expensive and not necessary in a lot of cases. One of our dealers is discussing opening a branch in the Netherlands and adding scanning capability to expedite the files to us, so will see if we can work that out at least for Europe this coming year.  [/size]

[size=medium]Ear wax... Use ear wax drops to break it up on occasion and just let a shower do its thing and run some water up in the ear canal and soften and break it up. It is water soluble.  Q-tips are good for the opening of the ear and canal. Going too deep you will push the earwax further into the canal as you cannot get the proper angle on it to remove it. You will just shove it deeper in the ear. Ear impressions taken when excessive earwax exist can be bad as the impression material can push the wax deeper and cause an ear infection. We work with a network of Audiologists and have a video and tips for impressions and ear care for musicians using CIEMS coming out in the first quarter of 2013 to help with the do's and don'ts.[/size]

[size=medium]Your body makes ear wax to lubricate the ear and ear canal tissue as well as push out foreign bodies in the ear.  Your ear sees a CIEM as a foreign body and will react by making more ear wax usually. This can be bad if you are not taking care of the ear properly as pushing the CIEM in with a lot of ear wax build up will just serve to pile it up in the ear canal which can be an issue for some.[/size]

Dec 9, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #2,368 of 6,413
Awesome tips about the ear wax, thanks a lot!

Seeing as I know almost nothing about hearing aids and just enough about the safety aspect for my field of work, I wasn't sure what most "main stream" audiologists would have normally available; but figured it would be something along those lines

Quote:
[size=medium]Not everyone around the globe has the necessary scanning equipment as it can be expensive and not necessary in a lot of cases. One of our dealers is discussing opening a branch in the Netherlands and adding scanning capability to expedite the files to us, so will see if we can work that out at least for Europe this coming year.  [/size]

[size=medium]Ear wax... Use ear wax drops to break it up on occasion and just let a shower do its thing and run some water up in the ear canal and soften and break it up. It is water soluble.  Q-tips are good for the opening of the ear and canal. Going too deep you will push the earwax further into the canal as you cannot get the proper angle on it to remove it. You will just shove it deeper in the ear. Ear impressions taken when excessive earwax exist can be bad as the impression material can push the wax deeper and cause an ear infection. We work with a network of Audiologists and have a video and tips for impressions and ear care for musicians using CIEMS coming out in the first quarter of 2013 to help with the do's and don'ts.[/size]

[size=medium]Your body makes ear wax to lubricate the ear and ear canal tissue as well as push out foreign bodies in the ear.  Your ear sees a CIEM as a foreign body and will react by making more ear wax usually. This can be bad if you are not taking care of the ear properly as pushing the CIEM in with a lot of ear wax build up will just serve to pile it up in the ear canal which can be an issue for some.[/size]

Dec 9, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #2,369 of 6,413
$499 stock. Additional changes to the looks or accessories cost extra
Quote:
Anyone know the cost of the ASG 2? And is it the same size as the ASG 1.2?

Dec 9, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #2,370 of 6,413
I have read on this thread differences between their impression kit that you can get for free with purchase vs going to an audiologist,  the main differences being cost and done better by the pros.   I've been to an audiologist for impressions before, its really a no brainer, put the right bit in the mouth, squeeze the fluid in, then wait and don't move.   I still had to send my customs back to JH Audio for refit, and they still never felt comfortable.   So why is a free kit offered from Aurisonics for the AS2 if it doesn't work as well as the pros?( I asked for the free kit) Perhaps Dale could answer this???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back