Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Dec 1, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #2,116 of 6,413
Quote:

Get a pin, poke into it (slowly with a twisting motion to not dig it deeper), And wedge it back up where it should be.  Might take some patients :p  Or...  You can contact Aurisonics CS and they should replace it :p 

[size=medium]What tinyman392 said should work. It's easy to dislodge if you go in too deep but usually does not change the sound unless you literally pushed it all the way in on one side and the sound no longer travels through the filter material. We can easily fix it for you if needed just go to our website and request the service and we will instruct you on how to send in for service. Are you the original purchaser of the them?[/size]

Dec 1, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #2,117 of 6,413
Quote:

[size=medium]Great question! The ASG-2 still has its roots from the ASG-1, however, the nozzle angle is different and the overall shape is smoothed a bit more as well as the nub area is taken down quite a bit. There is still enough there to do its job but without the extra protrusion like the ASG-1.  The nozzle has a few tricks up its sleeve as well. Also, no more possibility of the issue Anoxy is having with his filter material either.[/size]

Awesome - thanks for the quick answer.  

Dec 1, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #2,118 of 6,413
Quote:

[size=medium]What tinyman392 said should work. It's easy to dislodge if you go in too deep but usually does not change the sound unless you literally pushed it all the way in on one side and the sound no longer travels through the filter material. We can easily fix it for you if needed just go to our website and request the service and we will instruct you on how to send in for service. Are you the original purchaser of the them?[/size]

Thank you. Yes, I purchased them from studiogears.com. 
I'll give tinyman's pin method a shot tomorrow. I accidentally pushed the filter all the way against one side so hopefully I can snag it out.

Dec 1, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #2,119 of 6,413
Hey,

Does anybody know if it's possible to send in a pair of Aurisonics ASG-1.2 for a shell replacement so that it looks like the ASG-1S? I'm only interested in the aesthetic differences.

Dec 1, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #2,120 of 6,413
Hey,

Does anybody know if it's possible to send in a pair of Aurisonics ASG-1.2 for a shell replacement so that it looks like the ASG-1S? I'm only interested in the aesthetic differences.

I don't see why not. Though you will need to contact Aurisonics and ask.

Dec 1, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #2,125 of 6,413
yes message him: http://www.head-fi.org/u/183700/aurisonics
he checks this thread and logs in head fi pretty often i think

Messaged him. Thanks for the suggestion.

Dec 2, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #2,126 of 6,413
Quote:
I emailed them two days ago, but I'm still awaiting a response.
confused.gif

Sent you a response to your email

Dec 3, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #2,127 of 6,413
Thanks for the response! It's a pretty big bummer to hear that it won't be possible to change the shell. I was emailing Matt from Springtree, and he said he was told there would be custom face plate options coming out eventually for the standard ASG-1 series where you could add on different face plates. Do you have an estimate on when this option would be available? I absolutely LOVE the look of the ASG-1S, but I'm not willing to shell out the high price tag. :p

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #2,128 of 6,413
Quote:
Thanks for the response! It's a pretty big bummer to hear that it won't be possible to change the shell. I was emailing Matt from Springtree, and he said he was told there would be custom face plate options coming out eventually for the standard ASG-1 series where you could add on different face plates. Do you have an estimate on when this option would be available? I absolutely LOVE the look of the ASG-1S, but I'm not willing to shell out the high price tag.
tongue.gif

[size=10pt]We will eventually just not yet. And custom face plates yes, polishing the body is an entirely different process. [/size]

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #2,129 of 6,413
Cool. Do you currently have some price range that this option would cost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back