Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Sep 28, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #3,856 of 6,413
Bass depth and impact compared to ASG 2 and ASG 2.5?
Also any comparisons against similar tier IEMs?

Any experience with the 2.5 to make comparisons with?

I have never heard the 2.5 before so I can't say anything about them. However, from what I read Harmony is a much more refined than the 2.5 but has less bass.
  Thamks for the photos and impression.  I can't wait to get mine.  Should be shipping to me this week so I'll have them for next week. Will post my impression of them along with an indepth comparison to my ASG 2.5.  If you guys have any questions please feel free to link me so when I'm comparing them I can directly address your questions.

Look forward to hearing your impressions.

As for comparisons with other IEM's of similar tier, I am trying to meet up with another fellow Head-fi member sometime next week or the week after to do A/B comparisons with the Savant and if possible testing with amps.

Oct 5, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #3,857 of 6,413
I have the Aurisonics Kickers (aka Ass Kickers) in my ears right now.

These are a real win for bassheads. They bridge the gap between the Sony MDR-XB90EX and Aurisonics ASG-2.5.

More clarity and overall refinement than the Sony at a much lower price point than the 2.5.

The veil present with the stock tuning of the ASG-2.5 is barely evident at all with the Kicker (and not remotely close to the ASG-B). I wouldn't go so far as to say that the signature is v-shaped, though. Its treble is still a bit subdued, deftly evading any chance for sibilance. That is much appreciated, because I'm sensitive to treble.

The bass is punchy without encroaching on mids and muddying them up. The drivers are only 9.25mm, but you could've fooled me. I would have believed they're 13mm+.

Continuing to use the Sony MDR-XB90EX and Aurisonics ASG-2.5 as reference points since a lot of bassheads have heard them:

1. The Kicker has more bass presence and punch than the stock tuning of the Sony and less than the fully open ASG-2.5.
  2. The Kicker has less of a veil than the 2.5 and is very similar in treble to the Sony.
  3. The Sony and ASG-2.5, so far, have the most bass potential with EQ of any IEM I've ever heard. The Kicker might be on par, or at least nearly so. I'm waiting on the return of my Headstage Arrow 5TX (Enhanced Bass) to definitively push the Kicker to its limit.

It's a really nice, smooth sound signature. It has a sense of liquidity coupled with visceral depth and impact.

Compared to the JVC HA-FX1100, the Kicker punches a little harder despite having a smaller driver. It isolates much better than the JVC, which could account for the enhanced feeling of bass.

The Kicker can be adequately driven from a cell phone, but not to ear-bleeding levels. The sensitivity specifications provided are, frankly, confusing to me. The voltage sensitivity is theoretically 136 dB SPL @ 1 Vrms, which would make it 12dB louder than the JVC HA-FX1100.

In practice, I find the Kicker to be about 2dB quieter than the JVC. Maybe that's just the sound signature playing tricks on me. In any case, my Galaxy S5 can drive them well enough that I can't max the volume out without worrying about my hearing, so the point is largely unimportant despite typing about it for several sentences.

For $250, the Kicker is a no-brainer for bassheads and bass-audiophiles. It has a lively, engaging signature without any bothersome treble peaks. Vocals are rendered with excellent clarity, instruments have very good separation, soundstage is good (but not top tier), and its bass is likely to put it on the Top 10 Basshead IEM list in the not-too-distant future.

I haven't even broken these things in. No burn-in at all, just an hour in the ears. So far my only complaint is that certain songs sound a little soft on the Kickers. I currently have no worthy amplifier for the Kickers, but will try them soon with some good amps (I recently sold all of my gear so I could save some money and downgrade to more reasonably-priced equipment... the new stuff isn't here yet). After hearing them with a proper amp, I'll know their true potential.

Oct 5, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #3,863 of 6,413
The Aurisonics Bravo series isn't available for purchase yet in the US as far as i'm concerned so unless they're being bought from Asia, then I have no idea how people are able to purchase them yet.

I have the Kicker on preorder from Livesoundwave and they're supposed to receive them sometime early this month so it shouldn't be too much longer I hope.

Oct 5, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #3,864 of 6,413
The Aurisonics Bravo series isn't available for purchase yet in the US as far as i'm concerned so unless they're being bought from Asia, then I have no idea how people are able to purchase them yet.

I have the Kicker on preorder from Livesoundwave and they're supposed to receive them sometime early this month so it shouldn't be too much longer I hope.

InEarGear.com is where I got mine.

Oct 5, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #3,865 of 6,413
I bought mine from Dimitri, Musica Accoustics.

I have the Aurisonics Kickers (aka Ass Kickers) in my ears right now.

These are a real win for bassheads. They bridge the gap between the Sony MDR-XB90EX and Aurisonics ASG-2.5.

More clarity and overall refinement than the Sony at a much lower price point than the 2.5.

The veil present with the stock tuning of the ASG-2.5 is barely evident at all with the Kicker (and not remotely close to the ASG-B). I wouldn't go so far as to say that the signature is v-shaped, though. Its treble is still a bit subdued, deftly evading any chance for sibilance. That is much appreciated, because I'm sensitive to treble.

The bass is punchy without encroaching on mids and muddying them up. The drivers are only 9.25mm, but you could've fooled me. I would have believed they're 13mm+.

Continuing to use the Sony MDR-XB90EX and Aurisonics ASG-2.5 as reference points since a lot of bassheads have heard them:

1. The Kicker has more bass presence and punch than the stock tuning of the Sony and less than the fully open ASG-2.5.
  2. The Kicker has less of a veil than the 2.5 and is very similar in treble to the Sony.
  3. The Sony and ASG-2.5, so far, have the most bass potential with EQ of any IEM I've ever heard. The Kicker might be on par, or at least nearly so. I'm waiting on the return of my Headstage Arrow 5TX (Enhanced Bass) to definitively push the Kicker to its limit.

It's a really nice, smooth sound signature. It has a sense of liquidity coupled with visceral depth and impact.

Compared to the JVC HA-FX1100, the Kicker punches a little harder despite having a smaller driver. It isolates much better than the JVC, which could account for the enhanced feeling of bass.

The Kicker can be adequately driven from a cell phone, but not to ear-bleeding levels. The sensitivity specifications provided are, frankly, confusing to me. The voltage sensitivity is theoretically 136 dB SPL @ 1 Vrms, which would make it 12dB louder than the JVC HA-FX1100.

In practice, I find the Kicker to be about 2dB quieter than the JVC. Maybe that's just the sound signature playing tricks on me. In any case, my Galaxy S5 can drive them well enough that I can't max the volume out without worrying about my hearing, so the point is largely unimportant despite typing about it for several sentences.

For $250, the Kicker is a no-brainer for bassheads and bass-audiophiles. It has a lively, engaging signature without any bothersome treble peaks. Vocals are rendered with excellent clarity, instruments have very good separation, soundstage is good (but not top tier), and its bass is likely to put it on the Top 10 Basshead IEM list in the not-too-distant future.

I haven't even broken these things in. No burn-in at all, just an hour in the ears. So far my only complaint is that certain songs sound a little soft on the Kickers. I currently have no worthy amplifier for the Kickers, but will try them soon with some good amps (I recently sold all of my gear so I could save some money and downgrade to more reasonably-priced equipment... the new stuff isn't here yet). After hearing them with a proper amp, I'll know their true potential.

Nice, to hear that the Bravo series is slowly trickling into the States. Did yours come with a complete set of tips and cleaning tool? And was yours manufactured in August?

When you say Kicker has less bass presence and punch than the 2.5 do you mean by how loud the bass sounds in a song or the quality of the bass. With Harmony, I can literally feel an earthquake ongoing in my head!

Oct 5, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #3,866 of 6,413
  I bought mine from Dimitri, Musica Accoustics.

Nice, to hear that the Bravo series is slowly trickling into the States. Did yours come with a complete set of tips and cleaning tool? And was yours manufactured in August?

When you say Kicker has less bass presence and punch than the 2.5 do you mean by how loud the bass sounds in a song or the quality of the bass. With Harmony, I can literally feel an earthquake ongoing in my head!

I don't see the manufacture date but it might be in the box (just have the carrying case at work) and yes on tips.

Kicker has less bass punch than the ASG-2.5 tuned fully open with an amplifier. The Kicker has super high quality bass and is only a few % off from the ASG-2.5. You can feel it big time. I'd love to check out the Harmony as well, I just don't have the budget to try it right now.

When I get my amp back, my impressions might change to HOLY CRAP THE BASS, because I'm driving them out of pretty crappy systems right now (Dragonfly 1.2, Galaxy S5, or motherboard audio).

Oct 5, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #3,867 of 6,413

I don't see the manufacture date but it might be in the box (just have the carrying case at work) and yes on tips.

Kicker has less bass punch than the ASG-2.5 tuned fully open with an amplifier. The Kicker has super high quality bass and is only a few % off from the ASG-2.5. You can feel it big time. I'd love to check out the Harmony as well, I just don't have the budget to try it right now.

When I get my amp back, my impressions might change to HOLY CRAP THE BASS, because I'm driving them out of pretty crappy systems right now (Dragonfly 1.2, Galaxy S5, or motherboard audio).

What are the differences?  I assume number of drivers per model but their website doesn't specify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back