Feliks Audio tube amps
Jul 13, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #121 of 1,113
Congrats on the new thread UT, good start. I use the Euphoria out to my Harmin-Kardon 2200 receiver and PSB Silver's and find that it helps to smooth out and warm up the sound just a tad. Nice sound, even had my old boss over for a listen and he was very surprised how much better it sounded this way. SOOOOOOOO UT, since you no longer need 800's you putting them up for sale? I could always use a spare pair!

That is the benefit of a tube preamp. Incidentally Schiit also has a tube preamp - Freya. It uses 6sn7. !!!

Jul 13, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #123 of 1,113
I am looking at Feliks Audio tube amp William.

It is simply gorgeous. I would love that to drive my speakers. No need for preamp then. :)

Behold 'William'.

I need to talk to Lukasz about giving me a deal on this. :ksc75smile:

w3.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #124 of 1,113
Soooo..... with Euforia and Yggdrasil in the lounge, I'm now in my study naked, without anything.... to drive my HD800.

Then I look around and behold right in front of me is the Bose Companion 5 control pod. Hahaha.... thanks be to my wife again for this present. Soooooo .... I plug in my HD800 using the 6.3mm to 3.5mm Senn connector and bingo, I have the most beautiful Bose sound. :ksc75smile:

There's power galore here and HD800 is singing like a bad boy. If I turn on the Bose subwoofer, this study is going to reverberate..... literally.

20170714_020805.jpg

Jul 13, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #125 of 1,113
I'm ecstatic now. Just learn that Ragnarok has a SE preamp out to feed a powered subwoofer as well as power a pair of speakers using the speakers RCA out.

So I'm going to run it this way:-

Onkyo > Yggdrasil > Ragnarok > Axis LS28 > Def Tech sub.

Will test with Euforia as preamp into Rag and without. To see what I like better. Looking forward to it.

Jul 13, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #126 of 1,113
Mordy, I have move from my study to my lounge now.

It's party time and let the tsunami begin.

And nobody bid on that Chatham 2399 because it's mine.
Arrgh - the pair went for $170 + shipping....

What happened - u don't like the Fotons? Fotons & RCA = GEC saver.
I'm ecstatic now. Just learn that Ragnarok has a SE preamp out to feed a powered subwoofer as well as power a pair of speakers using the speakers RCA out.

So I'm going to run it this way:-

Onkyo > Yggdrasil > Ragnarok > Axis LS28 > Def Tech sub.

Will test with Euforia as preamp into Rag and without. To see what I like better. Looking forward to it.
When is Rag coming?

Jul 13, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #127 of 1,113
Hi Mordy,

I didn't say I don't like Fotons. It's just that I have many better 6sn7s. :)

The same applies to RCA 6as7g.

The reality is that with speakers, I could really use any tubes and it will still sound good. Tubes play a small part now for me. The DAC plays a BIG part.

A2A told me their back order for Rag and other stuff from USA is coming in a week's time. They have orders coming in all the time, from different manufacturers and different parts of the world, as you can imagine. I am not hopeful of one week though. More like 2 to 3 weeks timeframe is my guesstimate. It's ok. I can wait. My $100 deposit is sitting in their till..... sob.

You know what? When he offered me the 'cheaper' Violectric V281, I was actually quite tempted but in the end, the appeal of a co-ordinated Schiit combo won over. Besides I have heard Ragnarok and it is indeed the end of the world..... I mean the end of my search in Head-Fi.

Yeah seriously, I think I am done after Yggdrasil and Ragnarok. Maybe a KEF LS50.... but then my Axis LS28 which John Reilly modelled after the legendary LS3/5A, is so good, do I really need another pair of small speakers?

I need to plug in my Axis LS88 floor standers and use the big Denon amplification. At the moment the Denon is acting as a stand for the Sherwood. :)

This weekend, I'll get a HiFi rack and re-arrange the lounge. :)

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #133 of 1,113
I can't believe that this thread hasn't got a video yet. So I will play the first from Bob Seger, 'Against The Wind'. Such a poignant and beautiful song. Are you running against the wind? Fear not, I'm with you. I'll keep you entertained and motivated. :)

Jul 13, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #134 of 1,113
So if I wanted to, I can still go back to Tom the salesman and get the Violectric v281. Do you think I should?

Would you take this...
Violectric-V281_front_left_black-960x430.jpg

or this to be your lawful wedded bliss.
Ragnarok-main-1920.jpg

Jul 13, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #135 of 1,113
UT your Ragnarok has arrived enjoy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back