Feliks Audio tube amps
Jul 14, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #166 of 1,113
People might want to order some fuses to have on hand instead of having to wait.

It's definitely a very GOOD IDEA.

When I was given the spare fuses, when I bought the Darkvoice 2nd hand, I was scratching my head.... I thought to myself.... why would I need that? Now I know.... when 'Smoke On The Water' comes on loud and your fuse blows, that's when you need it....

My house use to have hard fuses that blows and then I need to replace with another until I got the electrician to replace the whole board with circuit breaker. So when it trips, I just flick it on again. Easy presto !!!

Jul 14, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #168 of 1,113
I need some input. I want another headphone with good mid-range and a kick ass bass and not too shabby treble too.

The reason I want these attributes is because mid-range matters to me. No mid-range, no talk... I mean my sweet Chinese sopranos and Sissel (and God forbid Celine Dion) need to sound their best...

also after listening to speakers with subwoofer, I realise I like bass that shakes and move you. :smile_phones:

HOWEVER, now listening to HD800 with Euforia and Yggdrasil, the sound is simply magic. Can it get better than this? I mean another headphone?

Jul 14, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #169 of 1,113
Jul 14, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #170 of 1,113
Oh wow, the 7 reviews of Ragnarok on Head-Fi are glowing....

one says he prefers Ragnarok over ..... I prefer it to the WA22, GSXmk2, Liquid Glass, Mjolnir, and Auralic Taurus Mk2. There really isn't much to say here, the bar has been raised.

Seriously? I can't wait to get this monster.

Jul 14, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #172 of 1,113
Hahahaha ..... the honesty in this review.

I did not do any blind comparisons with this amplifier. My observations are subjective and biased. Nothing in this review should be trusted. I am not a professional.

Jul 14, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #175 of 1,113
Blow is better than fire.

F-A uses T.

Using T instead of specified F would be a very bad idea. But that's not the case here.

Ah yes agree. If FA uses T, then it's fine.

Logically I would think if it's going to blow, you want the fuse to blow fast rather than slow.

Jul 14, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #176 of 1,113
So anyone..... I need some input. I want another headphone with good mid-range and a kick ass bass and not too shabby treble too.

I was thinking ....

1. LCD2.2
2. Focal Elear
3. ZMF Atticus
4. ZMF Omni - is this the same as ZMF Ori?
5. Fostex th900
6. HiFiMan HE-6
7. Dr. Beats :ksc75smile:

Thank you.... much appreciated.

It will be powered by Ragnarok mainly or in the case of HE-6, even my vintage receiver. I may try Euforia with it.... may try....

Yes, the Omni is the same as the Ori. it is 50 Ohm planar and would be better with Rag

Atticus & Eikon are both 300 Ohm dynamic cans, so both your amps would be good with these.

The Atticus or Eikon is next on my list....Zach has some great new wood also.....i am going for this wood, it is Camphor wood....they are gorgeous
CPsm.jpg

All of the ZMF headphones you mention are about 85-90% closed.

i would also like to hear the Fostex can you have listed.

Jul 14, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #177 of 1,113
So I have move Euforia and Yggy back to the study again.... and I am happy again.

My 'office' L shaped desk with my ergonomic supporting chair is my ideal listening environment. Everything is handy and within reach. Best of all, the computer and screen with high speed broadband is right in front of me.

Turntable, CD player or Roon off my Windows 10 PC ..... all the bases covered.

Lastly, tubes are all stored conveniently in the desk drawers. So changing tubes is a snap !

Finally above lastly, with HD800 on my head at 6am, I am not afraid of waking up the household.

Oh.... and I promise it's really lastly and finally..... a small oil column heater warms the room much better than the big lounge.

Jul 14, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #179 of 1,113
Yes, the Omni is the same as the Ori. it is 50 Ohm planar and would be better with Rag

Atticus & Eikon are both 300 Ohm dynamic cans, so both your amps would be good with these.

The Atticus or Eikon is next on my list....Zach has some great new wood also.....i am going for this wood, it is Camphor wood....they are gorgeous

Whirlwind, I like you. I really do. I can talk Head-Fi with you the whole day. We share the same passion and the same propensity to empty our wallets and to drive our significant other up the wall. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks for the info on these nice looking headphones with wood. I mean really gorgeous looking wood and I love nice looking wood. Speaking of which I want to get a genuine Omega headphone stand for my HD800.

Don't know if I need the Eikon as I already have the HD800 but the Atticus and Omni are really appealing. Of course, there's the Fostex TH900.

I just learn that this reviewer thinks that the Ragnarok will drive the HE-6 very well.....

Probably the closest to "match made in heaven" is the HE-6. Nothing else in my stable controls it as well. And, with the HE-6, that is always the challenging part: Enough power and good control of that power? Check and check. I like the HE-6 with relatively neutral amps and signal chains and feel like it is capable of magic under the right circumstances. This combination does not disappoint. Run, don't walk.

But but.... no mention of Focal Elear? @aqsw ? I heard this headphone at the Sydney Meet 2017 and really like it. It's FULL BODIED. Think Cassandra Wilson. :hugging:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back