Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Apr 21, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #11,086 of 11,519
Euforia is said to be an exception to the above truism, and Lukasz from Feliks-Audio has indicated that even low impedance planars can be well driven by Euforia as long as headphone sensitivity is high. My Audeze MM-500 are low impedance, high sensitivity planars and sound wonderful with Euforia. YMMV.
Indeed, the La Figaro 339 has enough power to drive the LCD-X and HEDDphone, and those headphones (planar and AMT) do not really respond to different amp output impedances. The LF339 also uses the 6AS7G family of power tubes.

Apr 23, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #11,087 of 11,519
Is it normal to hear some buzz/hum when the volume pot is 3:00 clock and above? I am no way going to go that loud but accidentally ended up hearing those when there are no music being played - looks its not dead silent, may be thats the nature of any tube amps? I also disconnected the RCA into my AE amp and just the tube that it came with and could hear a slight hum/buzz as I go near 3:00 in volume pot and above.

Just want to make sure its not something is damage or going bad etc…Loving every minute of it irrespective!

Thanks

Apr 23, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #11,088 of 11,519
Hello,
Yes, it happens.
It can happen most of the time when you roll tubes.
It is nothing to worry about.

There are also times when you roll tubes that cause a humming noise at the beginning but it disappears after a while when the tubes are run in.
That also happens sometimes.

Apr 23, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #11,089 of 11,519
Is it normal to hear some buzz/hum when the volume pot is 3:00 clock and above? I am no way going to go that loud but accidentally ended up hearing those when there are no music being played - looks its not dead silent, may be thats the nature of any tube amps? I also disconnected the RCA into my AE amp and just the tube that it came with and could hear a slight hum/buzz as I go near 3:00 in volume pot and above.

Just want to make sure its not something is damage or going bad etc…Loving every minute of it irrespective!

Thanks
Old tube audiophile saying:
If they make it, it hums.

Apr 23, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #11,090 of 11,519
About the "Euforia (pre-amp) + Bliss test" I finally got all required connector cables so I performed some side by side tests.
Thanks the Spring3 has two outputs (XLR/RCA that works simultaneously) and the Bliss three inputs (XLR1/XLR2/RCA that can be selected with the remote) I can almost test side by side the following 3 configurations: Spring3 + ...:
A) Euforia, B) Bliss, C) Euforia + Bliss. A) and C) can be tested side by side with one click in the remote.

The result was......nothing!! . :joy: :tired_face: . Don't know if to laugh or cry.
I could not tell any difference when switching between A) and C) configurations and I tried with all kind of driver tubes on the Euforia: from TS BGRP to Sylvania bad-boys through Melz 6n8s. For example with the bad-boys you get some massive bass combined the TS 5998 (test track: "Traust" by Heilung), there should be some obvious difference to the more neutral tuning of the Bliss, which I could easily spot when switching between A) and B).

Am I missing something, or is what @mordy mentioned that it may not work given my double pre-amp setup (My Spring3 has a discrete pre-amp built-in).
Just puzzle because ConvinceMeAudio tested this as well and came to different results (on their review of the Bliss).

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #11,092 of 11,519
Hello,
Yes, it happens.
It can happen most of the time when you roll tubes.
It is nothing to worry about.

There are also times when you roll tubes that cause a humming noise at the beginning but it disappears after a while when the tubes are run in.
That also happens sometimes.
ok. - good to know that. Thanks. The tubes are in use for around 100hrs or so. But looks typical for a tube amp.

Apr 23, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #11,093 of 11,519
Does anyone have any recommendations for dacs that synergize especially well with the Euforia (standard, not AE)? Especially to be matched with the 6XX and/or Focal Clear OG?

I've read a lot about the Euforia on other forums and watched all the YT videos I can find. I've also read quite a few pages on this thread, but by no means 740. But I can't find a lot of recommendations for which dacs work especially well (or poorly). Any help would be appreciated.

Apr 23, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #11,094 of 11,519
Does anyone have any recommendations for dacs that synergize especially well with the Euforia (standard, not AE)? Especially to be matched with the 6XX and/or Focal Clear OG?

I've read a lot about the Euforia on other forums and watched all the YT videos I can find. I've also read quite a few pages on this thread, but by no means 740. But I can't find a lot of recommendations for which dacs work especially well (or poorly). Any help would be appreciated.
I enjoy my spring 2 and will be testing out a gustard R26 with the Euforia.

Apr 23, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #11,096 of 11,519
R2R dacs are very good, I use the Gustard R26 and it is magic.
Others also went Schiit bitfrost,chord outest.
Dac is strangely important with the Euforia when it needs to show its strengths.
Before I used the Singxer sda 2 since January the R26.
It's like night and day.
It will be interesting from 1000$ plus to get the Euforia where it belongs.

Apr 23, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #11,097 of 11,519
Apr 24, 2023 at 1:41 AM Post #11,098 of 11,519

@Simple Tim Rockna WaveLight and Chord DACs, especially Hugo TT2 offers great synergy IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back