Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Dec 27, 2022 at 6:03 AM Post #10,786 of 11,473
Having had the Euforia Mk2 in the past and absolutely loving it, would the AE version be a clear upgrade?

I'm back on the market after regrettably selling my MK2 but I'm curious as to the AE version is the way to go. Is there a trade off with the AE? From what I gather here is that the AE is a bit more smooth/warm than the MK2. I'm trying to snag either one since it's on sale and seem to be discontinued.

Any insight will help, thank you 🙏
The AE is a little smoother and warmer.
The Mk.2 is the clearest (most solid state like) of the bunch.

The Evo (which replaced both) leans towards AE sound signature.

All from what I read, I never heard them myself

Dec 27, 2022 at 6:47 AM Post #10,787 of 11,473
In this Euforia AE review, they compare and list the exactly differences between both models
https://www.headfonia.com/feliks-audio-euforia-ae-review/

I have never tried the MK2 so I could not compare them sonically but the AE comes with an extra feature, crossfeed (enabled through a switch in the back). While I really please to a have a crossfeed for headphones, specially with older recording, the one implemented in the Euforia AE is not that good and flexible compared the ones in my ADI2 PRO (best) or by software in Roon or Foobar.

Dec 31, 2022 at 6:26 AM Post #10,788 of 11,473
I was able to get a good pair of 5998 Tung Sol for my Euforia - these definitely shake things up in my set up and the stock drivers which pair very well with the stock power tubes, definitely need to be switched out now.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #10,789 of 11,473
Hello,
I also joined the 5998 club, got mine today.
Had some bad luck with the first set where lazy more than 6 months ago.
This time I was a bit luckier with the price too.

I just combined mine with the 6v6 Sylvania.
Later I want to try my 6SN7 Brimar gty.
20221231_135202.jpg

There are many 6sn7 tubes out there,even at outrageous prices.
See if you can find a Vt 231 priced.
It depends on which direction you want to go, warm, neutral and which headphones you use in addition.

Personally, with the adapter to 6v6, I find the tubes better than the 6SN7, also in terms of price, there is still some room for manoeuvre.the Euforia plays a corner better with 6v6 tubes, surprisingly.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2023 at 8:09 AM Post #10,793 of 11,473
@Koren this is my list of cans I had pleasure listening to Euforia:

Meze Empyrean, Focal Clears (OG or MG), Focal Utopia, Audioquest NightOwl. All of those have something unique to offer and in case Focal Clears just think about a downgraded Utopia but for more than half the price. Focal Stellia should bebon the list too IMHO.

Jan 2, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #10,796 of 11,473
@Koren this is my list of cans I had pleasure listening to Euforia:

Meze Empyrean, Focal Clears (OG or MG), Focal Utopia, Audioquest NightOwl. All of those have something unique to offer and in case Focal Clears just think about a downgraded Utopia but for more than half the price. Focal Stellia should bebon the list too IMHO.
do you hear background noise, lack of dynamics, flatness, strangeness in the frequency range with these headphones, tied to euforia?

Jan 2, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #10,798 of 11,473
who uses euforia with which type of headphones?
Currently Zmf Auteur OG, which is no longer available for purchase, only as a Classic version in the improved form of the OG.
Occasionally the Audeze Lcd 2 C.
Before that I had Fostex, which was also passable but not an end game.

Common are Zmf headphones,Hd 800,600,650,Meze Empyrean,Lcd X,Utopia,maybe one or the other Focal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back