Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Feb 23, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #7,833 of 11,460
Thank you. I will give the Hifiman Arya a listen too. I know a headphone shop with the Euforia and all nice headphones.
Hi, did you end up demoing the Arya on the Euphoria? I have that headphone and am looking for a good warm/lush tube amp to pair with it. I'm concerned that the Euphoria doesn't output enough power to let the Arya shine.

Feb 24, 2020 at 3:08 AM Post #7,834 of 11,460
I wonder if this amp is good pair with the rme adi-2 dac
Or if it sounds good with the focal stellia.
Its either this or the focal arche?

I auditioned the Arche with the Stellias and it sounded very pleasant. A pipe and slippers presentation - nothing offensive. I ended up with a Benchmark dac HGC instead but now have added the Euphoria Anniversary into the mix which adds a little tube character.No problem in driving them and plenty of headroom although I read that the Utopias are the ideal pairing with an 80 ohm impedance.

Feb 26, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #7,835 of 11,460
What's happening?
1582761671527.png

Feb 27, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #7,836 of 11,460
What's happening?
1582761671527.png
I think we all must be just enjoying the music. I rolled EL11 and EL39's back into Elise today and chilled out to Telegraph Road followed by a couple of hours of Dire Straits sounded soooooo good. These two tubes have to be my favourite tubes from the last couple of years of tube rolling.

Feb 27, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #7,837 of 11,460
They're mighty fine tubes bt, been using EL11/39 myself in Elise the last few day too, before that EL11/38, can't make up my mind which I enjoy more, both give magic sound, oh and I wholeheartedly agree, Dire Straits do sound very good, with either combo.

Feb 27, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #7,838 of 11,460
Hi my Euforia is back to Poland to be repaired. It sounded lovely, but had murmurs in both ears and it I could not notice the difference with crossfeed on or off. But Poland did accept warranty ever though it was a demo model. I came from the Schit Vahalla 2 OTL with Beyer T1.2 and the Euforia did not seem tuned that well to use the T1. I liked the senergy with the HE400i though, so I do think I must continue with Planars, maybe the Meze. I do not see me buying very costly hifiman, built poorly. And Meze uses the Euforia in their factory since they blend nicely. Strong enough to buy second hand. But not often sold second hand, too popular I presume. Now I listen to Stax L700 which has a lot of detail, but lacks in sweetness. The Euforia are very tender to my ears.

Feb 27, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #7,839 of 11,460
I think we all must be just enjoying the music. I rolled EL11 and EL39's back into Elise today and chilled out to Telegraph Road followed by a couple of hours of Dire Straits sounded soooooo good. These two tubes have to be my favourite tubes from the last couple of years of tube rolling.
They're mighty fine tubes bt, been using EL11/39 myself in Elise the last few day too, before that EL11/38, can't make up my mind which I enjoy more, both give magic sound, oh and I wholeheartedly agree, Dire Straits do sound very good, with either combo.

Hi guys...EL11/39 combo sure is one heck of a duo, and way ahead of (any!) stock config'n tubes IMHO :L3000:. And our setups - Elise and/or Euforia - certainly do wonders for Dire Straits' 'Love Over Gold'...one of my all time favourite albums, ever!...(and rarely matched, as far as I'm concerned lol :ksc75smile:).

Well, bt, I'll be interested to hear how you find the quad GU50s in Euforia, compared to Elise. I've a sneaking suspicion Euforia could well probably bring out even more from the Russians lol! :wink: But I must admit the real leap does indeed come when the GU50 is combined with a KT88 (in my case, the top anode version GEC TT21) as a dual power combo. Speaking of which, recent (personal) circumstances have been hindering construction of the dual adapters I promised you and @connieflyer , but hopefully things will be more settled next week :fingers_crossed:...

And it looks like the virus issue in China has brought most businesses to a halt for now...still no sign of activity from xulingmrs on ebay alas, so no word yet re. the GU50 adapter. I do hope things resume very soon, but I do feel sorry for the awful deaths and suffering they - and others now are experiencing. Let's just hope it doesn't become a global pandemic after all :triportsad:...CHEERS!...CJ

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #7,840 of 11,460
Hi my Euforia is back to Poland to be repaired. It sounded lovely, but had murmurs in both ears and it I could not notice the difference with crossfeed on or off. But Poland did accept warranty ever though it was a demo model. I came from the Schit Vahalla 2 OTL with Beyer T1.2 and the Euforia did not seem tuned that well to use the T1. I liked the senergy with the HE400i though, so I do think I must continue with Planars, maybe the Meze. I do not see me buying very costly hifiman, built poorly. And Meze uses the Euforia in their factory since they blend nicely. Strong enough to buy second hand. But not often sold second hand, too popular I presume. Now I listen to Stax L700 which has a lot of detail, but lacks in sweetness. The Euforia are very tender to my ears.

Hi YD...sad you've had a disappointing start to your life with Euforia, but glad it's on its way for repair. Let's hope she's soon back in your (eager, no doubt!) clutches lol :ksc75smile:. And yes, the Meze Empyreans do indeed blend nicely with Euforia...very nicely in fact!! So best get saving, mon ami! :wink:

Feb 28, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #7,841 of 11,460
Have heard from a couple of contacts in China, and most businesses have not started back up. And they have to start from scratch, like a human flywheel to get all the businesses that rely on each other for parts and materials. I doubt if we get much from them for awhile.

Feb 28, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #7,842 of 11,460
Have heard from a couple of contacts in China, and most businesses have not started back up. And they have to start from scratch, like a human flywheel to get all the businesses that rely on each other for parts and materials. I doubt if we get much from them for awhile.

Yo cf...that darned virus sure has a lot to answer for! And tumbling world stock markets show just how dependent we all are on Chinese trade....along with a good dose of mass hysteria thrown in I suspect lol!! :rolling_eyes:

Which is a real shame, as it would have been very interesting to hear by now how more, different systems respond to the GU50. I know my own is bringing results that easily surpass in all respects anything I've had before, but as usual, few systems will respond precisely the same way...which can make this hobby of ours very frustrating sometimes, to be sure! :wink: Still, I personally would much rather that than a more 'fixed' delivery from solid state...especially as both our tastes and hearing can change quite significantly over the years. Hence a good idea not to move on all our favourite tubes that might have lain dormant for some time lol :relaxed:....HAPPY LISTENING!...CJ

Feb 29, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #7,843 of 11,460
Hello American Hifi friends. Sorry my English. But i think you can understand me. I have Euforia MKII and Sennheiser HD800S. Im not so happy with this now also after 3 month. I have stock tubs. I feel that the bass is a bit to "overblood" and loud. Thats suprising with the H800S, Bit with Eurofia the HD800 has to much bass for neutral sound. The bass ist not precise and to full. Treble ist very good. Not to lout and agressiv. But with enought details alos is a Tub amp. Mids are amizing. But while the bas ist overbloodes there ist always a dark sound in orchestral sound with to much power on the lower registers. I have also a solid state Bryston BH 1. The bass ist much better and more neutral. Hight are a bit to much but a bit cleaner. The Euforia is much more musical and relaxing. But separation. sound stage, low End is better with Bryston . For me the Euforia is not a neutral Amp in stock form. Perhaps there are Power Tubes who can make more separation, sound stage without beeing to warm. For classical i think Euforia ist not forst choice or perhaps also other tube amps. With Euforia HD800S ist FULL sounding . Yes. But not neutral and not realstic in the lower registers in a orchester. There are a lot of peopel in forums who say HD800 is great with Euforia. I think yes. But not for al genres of Music. For sound with multi instruments there is not enough space between Instruments and the sound stage ist to small. The Bryston has al lot of larger sound stage! But relaxing is the Euforia. I can hear 2-3 hours without fatigue. Are there tube Amps who are more neutral sounding with bigger soundstage and more separation? Or can i change the power tubes ?
You can hear it with pianos on the lower registes? ca. 6 db to loud! Thats not neutral. With Tchno, Pop etc that would be good. But with classical its important that the lower registers not overtones the midtone. I this way it sound to "romantic" Yes. The sound with the Euforia ist naturally more liquid than Bryston.

I can imagine that a Magnetostat is a good partner for Euforia because there have more bass than HD800. And Euforia has to much bass.

Ideal for me ist sowmewath between the exaktly but agressiv Bryston and the relaixing smooth Euforia.

Thanks
Andy

Mar 4, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #7,844 of 11,460
Dear Euforia lovers,

Feliks Poland repaired my Euforia. The better quality of the T1.2 is more obvious now, while the openness of the (too cheap) planar is still appealing to me. After saving one year I can buy a new set of Hifiman Arya headphones, which is not a perfect match but affordable. I thought of then upgrading the stock cable with this: https://www.lavricables.com/cables/grand-20-core-silver-hifiman-he1000se-he6se-upgrade-cable/ This cable will not fit the T1 though. Plugs won’t fit. 3000 Euro’s for the Meze is not a reasonable plan for less wealthy people like me. Coming from the Valhalla 2, now my T1.2 is more competition against the Stax L700. T1 is rather fun. Lukasz of Feliks Audio said: “Tell your friends, the Euforia company does not let you down”, and it really didn’t. Kind regards Yoram

Attachments

• 20200131_131048_resized.jpg
    20200131_131048_resized.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Euforia OTL_resized.jpg
    Euforia OTL_resized.jpg
    465.7 KB · Views: 0
Mar 4, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #7,845 of 11,460
Am happy for you, the difference in quality of the Euphoria and the Schiit amp is obvious. I had one in the distant past. Then the Elise, and now the Euphoria, the best of the bunch. I have sent my Euphoria back for repair as well, but to the U.S. distributor Upscale Audio. Feliks Audio has always treated us with respect and tried to make a very good product no matter which Item they sell. The company is still small enough, to maintain that kind of respect for it's customers. Whenever I had a question about the amp, Lukasz always got back to me with answers, and always treated me with respect, which is a lot more then some manufacturers do today. The T1's I had were a great phone. But they had issues, and then the upgrade to T1.2 came out and I have not heard that one. I went with the Sennheiser 800, phones and liked them better. Also tried a couple of HiFiman phones, still use the HE560 some, but keep going back to the 800. The price you are paying for the cable, to me, is high. I upgraded the cable on the Senn 800 with a Draug3 cable and it helped but I would not expect a new cable to make the phone into something far different. Buy the phone you want, and use it for a few months, let it get a good burn in, and loosen itself up, before you commit to that much money for a cable. You might consider finding a good used phone also. I bought a second Senn 800, used for a friend. Used them both for a month or more and found only a small difference and that was the cable. Purchased another Draug cable and now they sound the same. Just something to thing about. But the main thing is to enjoy the music, that is what it is all about. Don

Users who are viewing this thread

Back