Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Apr 11, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #5,806 of 11,473
Unfortunatly i don't have shops where i can try them.
You tell me that euforia is not too bright and doesn't sound like a SS?
Also, just in case, would it be able to power let's say an audeze lcd3?
Because i see in the specs that both elise and euforia has max power out put that is half the espressivo...

It has the best benefits of both ss and tubes. It will power the lcd3 no probs as it powers the lcd4 fine

Apr 11, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #5,808 of 11,473
Lcd4? I thought that needed a nuclear plant to drive it... I an super curious now. My wallet is starting to sweat...

Hi lentov...and a belated welcome to our thread.

Being the guy who first ventured the idea of an 'Elise' to Feliks-Audio, but then felt it was capable of a good bit more - hence the Euforia! - I suppose I'm somewhat biased!!. But I can assure you that, as others have mentioned, as soon as I heard Euforia I just knew this was a different animal to my beloved Elise...and nothing like (affordable!) solid state lol!! Unless you mean excellent speed; clarity; good extension at both ends of the FR; solid 'grip' and control of sound delivery...and that's for starters :wink:. Plus other tube 'goodies' that you obviously recognise already. Add on a wonderful soundstage - which will, like other aspects, depend to a certain degree on the tubes used of course - and this is indeed a special amp. It also delivers a much 'bigger' sound overall than Elise, and its upgraded components will surely help this amp scale much better, in line with any upgrades made to the rest of one's system.

As already stated, if funds permit, it does therefore represent the 'better' buy, rather than perhaps later on feeling something is 'missing' and regretting not going the extra mile in the first place! :ksc75smile:

I know this decision is easier said than done, but I wish you all the best in whichever direction you decide to go...CHEERS!...CJ

Apr 11, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #5,809 of 11,473
As to come back to the topic of power filtering (I didn't try any power regeneration) I also find it a good idea to stretch the price "a little" as h1 said and buy used, high quality goods from reputable seller, because the better quality filtering components seem to be almost "indestructible", if not thrown against a wall or such. I bought the DC-blocker Syncro Uni from Isotek and for a little more than half of the MSRP a used power-distributor/filter from Gigawatt (http://www.gigawatt.eu/produkt/gigawatt-pf-2-mk2/). I was interested in the DC-blocker because I've heard that in the (power-)chain the trafos would be considerably less warm and it should also deliver sound improvements, but I can't say much in this regard as my system is still burning-in :sweat_smile: The power-distributor was bought because it seems to be a low-impact solution regarding the dynamics of the music and is built like a freaking tank.

And I love that the weight (4.9kg or 10.8lb !) is high enough that you never have to worry that your cables move it around.

Hi Alex.

Interesting bits of gear you have there...and we look forward to your findings as time goes by....well done!...CJ

Apr 11, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #5,810 of 11,473
Sorry i missed this, i think @hypnos1 is being very generous, i don’t think I’m the only one to have been caught in the celestial glare of the empyreans. I have however spent a few months this year demo’ing pretty much every CB available in the UK, none of which filled the performance void left behind the by the best OBs I’d owned or heard, that is until the focal kindly launched the stellia, which in quick summary, offers a lot of the Utopias detail, resolution and dynamics, slightly thinner soundstage and less extended bass, but with a more
Natural tone and overall less agressive and fatiguing presentation. I’ve yet to find their limit in terms of scaling and they achieve an incredible balancing act of being an amazing transparent window on the component chain behind them while still managing to be addictively musical. Oh and they sound awesome with the hugo2 fed euforia.

Let me know if there’s anything you can’t find to demo that I might have heard, I’d be happy help if I can :)

Hi trob...and thanks for your input on this subject.

You certainly make the Stellias sound very attractive indeed...much more so than the Senn HD820 seem to be proving lol! :wink: I could almost be tempted myself, but I'm first and foremost a die hard fan of open cans, and will probably always stay that way!!:ksc75smile:...(especially now my Empyreans have burned in some more...surprising how these too need a fair while to reach their best!).

But I'm so glad the Focals have proved just right for you.

Now then @aqsw , it looks like you could well be in a bit of a dilemna here - stay 'open', or go closed lol!!? If I were you I'd try my hardest to demo them...the only real way you're gonna know for sure, of course! Either that or convince the taxman you're owed a whole packet in past overpayments...and buy both!!! :L3000::L3000:

Looking forward to your decision...and eventual findings...CHEERS!...CJ

Apr 11, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #5,811 of 11,473
Hi lentov...and a belated welcome to our thread.

Being the guy who first ventured the idea of an 'Elise' to Feliks-Audio, but then felt it was capable of a good bit more - hence the Euforia! - I suppose I'm somewhat biased!!. But I can assure you that, as others have mentioned, as soon as I heard Euforia I just knew this was a different animal to my beloved Elise...and nothing like (affordable!) solid state lol!! Unless you mean excellent speed; clarity; good extension at both ends of the FR; solid 'grip' and control of sound delivery...and that's for starters :wink:. Plus other tube 'goodies' that you obviously recognise already. Add on a wonderful soundstage - which will, like other aspects, depend to a certain degree on the tubes used of course - and this is indeed a special amp. It also delivers a much 'bigger' sound overall than Elise, and its upgraded components will surely help this amp scale much better, in line with any upgrades made to the rest of one's system.

As already stated, if funds permit, it does therefore represent the 'better' buy, rather than perhaps later on feeling something is 'missing' and regretting not going the extra mile in the first place! :ksc75smile:

I know this decision is easier said than done, but I wish you all the best in whichever direction you decide to go...CHEERS!...CJ

I asked feliks and he also said that elise is warmer and more tubey sounding.. Actually it seems the way to go on paper, but you all are telling me to jump directly to euforia.
I don't know what to do... I could afford elise right now, for euforia i have to wait a little more, sell some stuff.. Tough choices!! Thx for your impressions

Apr 11, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #5,812 of 11,473
Hey @OctavianH ...the subject of mains conditioning/filtering is indeed a contentious one...lots of different opinions out there.

Perhaps with very power hungry (power) amps, the 'constriction' effect might possibly cause a problem for some...perhaps. It will, of course, depend on the unit's mode of operation.

But the whole point of good conditioning and filtering has nothing to do with the protection circuitry that may be in the amp itself per se (but usually does also have surge/spike protection), but an attempt to remove/minimise the 'noise' inherent in all mains electricity supplies, along with any (RFI/EMI) that the main cable may pick up en route to one's equipment. This is where cost comes in. 'Cheap' units are less likely to do a good job of such filtering and, possibly, also be 'choking' the electricity supply to the point where it can indeed reduce 'dynamics' in one's hifi gear. This is where good research of others' findings is really advisable, if at all possible lol! :smile_phones: This is what led me first to a PowerInspired Regenerator (recommended by a fellow member), and then to the AirlinkTransformers Balanced Mains Conditioner...again recommended by a fellow member at a local meet some years back...(but was enticed by the much more expensive unit with Avery Magnetics Advanced Filtering System, which others seemed to back up the recommendation of AT themselves lol! And have no regrets...:ksc75smile:).

So all I can say is...do your research...and be prepared to spend a bit of money!! :wink:...(preferably on a no obligation demo if possible!).

Apr 11, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #5,813 of 11,473
Hey @OctavianH ...the subject of mains conditioning/filtering is indeed a contentious one...lots of different opinions out there.

Perhaps with very power hungry (power) amps, the 'constriction' effect might possibly cause a problem for some...perhaps. It will, of course, depend on the unit's mode of operation.

But the whole point of good conditioning and filtering has nothing to do with the protection circuitry that may be in the amp itself per se (but usually does also have surge/spike protection), but an attempt to remove/minimise the 'noise' inherent in all mains electricity supplies, along with any (RFI/EMI) that the main cable may pick up en route to one's equipment. This is where cost comes in. 'Cheap' units are less likely to do a good job of such filtering and, possibly, also be 'choking' the electricity supply to the point where it can indeed reduce 'dynamics' in one's hifi gear. This is where good research of others' findings is really advisable, if at all possible lol! :smile_phones: This is what led me first to a PowerInspired Regenerator (recommended by a fellow member), and then to the AirlinkTransformers Balanced Mains Conditioner...again recommended by a fellow member at a local meet some years back...(but was enticed by the much more expensive unit with Avery Magnetics Advanced Filtering System, which others seemed to back up the recommendation of AT themselves lol! And have no regrets...:ksc75smile:).

So all I can say is...do your research...and be prepared to spend a bit of money!! :wink:...(preferably on a no obligation demo if possible!).

the more i read the less i feel i know about mains set ups. I would find it really useful if you'd be willing that is @hypnos1 if you could list the chain of mains components between the wall and source equipment :)rob

Apr 11, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #5,814 of 11,473
I asked feliks and he also said that elise is warmer and more tubey sounding.. Actually it seems the way to go on paper, but you all are telling me to jump directly to euforia.
I don't know what to do... I could afford elise right now, for euforia i have to wait a little more, sell some stuff.. Tough choices!! Thx for your impressions

I’ll speak up as a very happy Elise owner with CD/Hi-res files through a Schiit Yggdrasil and Focal Elex headphones. I haven’t heard Euforia, but I’m so happy with my Elise that I don’t feel like I need to upgrade, especially on my limited musician’s income. If money were no object, I’d of course also try Euforia to see how it compares, but for now I feel like nothing is missing for me in my setup with Elise. Blissful ignorance I guess! Stock tubes are great, and I’m a little happier still with a quad of adapted EL38s, discovered thanks to kind advice from Hypnos1, Connieflyer and others here on this forum and over on the Elise thread.

Either way, I’m sure you will love listening to music through one of these amps.
-Jay

Apr 11, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #5,815 of 11,473
I was also thinking about upgrading in "steps".. Buying elise now(it would take 4 weeks minimum to build) and after i used it for sometime, eventually taking the euforia..
Because honestly i am curious to try them both .
Feliks also told me that he is preparing an euforia limited edition, with better components and better looking... Very tempting but out of my range :frowning2:

Apr 11, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #5,816 of 11,473
I was also thinking about upgrading in "steps".. Buying elise now(it would take 4 weeks minimum to build) and after i used it for sometime, eventually taking the euforia..
Because honestly i am curious to try them both .
Feliks also told me that he is preparing an euforia limited edition, with better components and better looking... Very tempting but out of my range :frowning2:

What I discovered is that used Feliks amps often go for only some more than half of the RRP :triportsad: So, even if it's kind of "elite-thinking" to always reach to the top (of-the-line-product), I'd also go for the Euforia now rather than later, provided you like it more - otherwise go with the Elise and save some money :beyersmile: Or you could save some more, go for the Euforia limited and make ALL OF US envy you :money_mouth:

Apr 11, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #5,818 of 11,473
..but I would be very interested in your evaluation of the Euforia against the Elise, lento :L3000:

Eheh 2700eur is a price i really can't pay...
Feliks would take my espressivo back and i would pay the difference.
For now i can say that espressivo is the best amp i have ever tried and i had a lot(not totl but midfi like violectric v200, audio gd nfb1, gilmore lite mk2, ifi, mojo etc). Also, i liked that espressivo has a little more power.. But this morning a fellow headfier said that euforia is powerful enough to drive even lcd4... I couldn't believe it..

Apr 11, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #5,819 of 11,473
Eheh 2700eur is a price i really can't pay...
Feliks would take my espressivo back and i would pay the difference.
For now i can say that espressivo is the best amp i have ever tried and i had a lot(not totl but midfi like violectric v200, audio gd nfb1, gilmore lite mk2, ifi, mojo etc). Also, i liked that espressivo has a little more power.. But this morning a fellow headfier said that euforia is powerful enough to drive even lcd4... I couldn't believe it..

I often envy the people that can acquire something and just be happy with it for a good amount of time, I really do. But a generous offer from Feliks nonetheless, and maybe you can use it for an Elise or Euforia non-limited(?). I followed the conversation of some Stellaris owners that before owned a Stratus describing the difference between the two amps, and some said the differences were minor, and others said the differences were absolutely obvious. And there the price doubles from the Stratus' $3000 to the Stellaris' $6600 (!)

Apr 11, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #5,820 of 11,473
I often envy the people that can acquire something and just be happy with it for a good amount of time, I really do. But a generous offer from Feliks nonetheless, and maybe you can use it for an Elise or Euforia non-limited(?). I followed the conversation of some Stellaris owners that before owned a Stratus describing the difference between the two amps, and some said the differences were minor, and others said the differences were absolutely obvious. And there the price doubles from the Stratus' $3000 to the Stellaris' $6600 (!)

i really envy them too. but unfortunatly i am not one of them. i get the upgrade fever easily. also because feliks is so tempting.
i wouldn't be tempted by us products... too expensive shipping costs, custom fees, waiting list (i contacted donald from dna just for curiosity, it would take 10 months to build). mogwai, pendant, glenn etc..
i read something about this amps and i would love to try them but here in italy is impossible.
so feliks is the only way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back