Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Apr 12, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #5,821 of 11,460
Eheh 2700eur is a price i really can't pay...
Feliks would take my espressivo back and i would pay the difference.
For now i can say that espressivo is the best amp i have ever tried and i had a lot(not totl but midfi like violectric v200, audio gd nfb1, gilmore lite mk2, ifi, mojo etc). Also, i liked that espressivo has a little more power.. But this morning a fellow headfier said that euforia is powerful enough to drive even lcd4... I couldn't believe it..

Do they have a customer upgrade program? My Elise has 13 months and I will not buy a new F.A. amp unless I sell it. With an upgrade program I might be tempted, of course, if the new anniversary edition will not cost double...

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #5,824 of 11,460
2700 EUR are a lot of money only for "better components and better looking". But let's wait for the specs...

Didn't think the 'Anniversary Edition' was going to be quite that much more, I must admit lol. Much will depend of course upon just what the upgrades are, but hope at least to soon have photos of the glossy 'piano black' finish to share. Should at least be interesting! :L3000:...CJ

Apr 12, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #5,825 of 11,460
I just emailed them to find out more, hope they are in a position to respond with specs

Apr 12, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #5,826 of 11,460
the more i read the less i feel i know about mains set ups. I would find it really useful if you'd be willing that is @hypnos1 if you could list the chain of mains components between the wall and source equipment :)rob

Hi trob.

Well, starting at the wall(!), I use an unswitched socket - a 3-way one, actually....(switches are best eliminated wherever possible).

Then a good quality single 6 feet mains cable runs to the PowerInspired Regenerator in my equipment stand (this cable doesn't really need to be too fancy/expensive, so long as well shielded...the better power cords come later in the chain!). I am in fact now using the one that came with my Naim UnitiCore, but still very good (and ridiculously expensive now to buy separate!).

From there a really good power cord, made using Neotech's UP-OCC hybrid mains cable, feeds the AirlinkTransformers Balanced Mains/Filter Unit, which then feeds all my equipment via its 6 integrated outlets, again using said Neotech cable and Wattgate plugs.

I also use upgraded fuses throughout...especially in the first plug from the wall supply. I haven't yet done a full and proper assessment as to their merits or otherwise, but logically it doesn't make much sense to me to use rather expensive cables and mains treatments only to run the power supply through rubbish pieces of wire lol!! :wink: I like to think of it as insurance... minimising 'weak links' in the chain, and peace of mind. Plus, I'm a firm believer in 'the whole being greater than the sum of the parts', even if singly, positive effects are not obvious :ksc75smile:....CJ

Apr 12, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #5,827 of 11,460
Didn't think the 'Anniversary Edition' was going to be quite that much more, I must admit lol. Much will depend of course upon just what the upgrades are, but hope at least to soon have photos of the glossy 'piano black' finish to share. Should at least be interesting! :L3000:...CJ

I just emailed them to find out more, hope they are in a position to respond with specs

I've messaged them too on facebook about specs, retro upgrades, etc. I expect they've had a few more similar enquiries, but that they should hopefully understand what information like this does to sufferers of the condition a lot of us on hear share :wink:

Apr 12, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #5,828 of 11,460
i really envy them too. but unfortunatly i am not one of them. i get the upgrade fever easily. also because feliks is so tempting.
i wouldn't be tempted by us products... too expensive shipping costs, custom fees, waiting list (i contacted donald from dna just for curiosity, it would take 10 months to build). mogwai, pendant, glenn etc..
i read something about this amps and i would love to try them but here in italy is impossible.
so feliks is the only way to go.

Ah well, lentov...take comfort in the fact they do make exceedingly good amps lol!! :wink:...good luck with your eventual (difficult) choice...:gs1000smile:...CJ

Apr 12, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #5,829 of 11,460
ps @lentoviolento ...I've just had a mini(?!!) brainwave....if you go for the Elise, you could add to the difference and spoil yourself to a pair of Meze Empyreans lol! :wink:. I can assure you these amazing cans will bring far greater improvements than spending the equivalent on any other amp you care to name...without question!! :jecklinsmile:...(I hear yet another bank manager breathing heavy sighs !...:triportsad::smile_phones:)...

ps. I feel your pain lol...:weary:...

Apr 12, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #5,830 of 11,460
Hi trob.

Well, starting at the wall(!), I use an unswitched socket - a 3-way one, actually....(switches are best eliminated wherever possible).

Then a good quality single 6 feet mains cable runs to the PowerInspired Regenerator in my equipment stand (this cable doesn't really need to be too fancy/expensive, so long as well shielded...the better power cords come later in the chain!). I am in fact now using the one that came with my Naim UnitiCore, but still very good (and ridiculously expensive now to buy separate!).

From there a really good power cord, made using Neotech's UP-OCC hybrid mains cable, feeds the AirlinkTransformers Balanced Mains/Filter Unit, which then feeds all my equipment via its 6 integrated outlets, again using said Neotech cable and Wattgate plugs.

I also use upgraded fuses throughout...especially in the first plug from the wall supply. I haven't yet done a full and proper assessment as to their merits or otherwise, but logically it doesn't make much sense to me to use rather expensive cables and mains treatments only to run the power supply through rubbish pieces of wire lol!! :wink: I like to think of it as insurance... minimising 'weak links' in the chain, and peace of mind. Plus, I'm a firm believer in 'the whole being greater than the sum of the parts', even if singly, positive effects are not obvious :ksc75smile:....CJ

Wow, thanks thats really useful info. My biggest problem is a lack of space. We've moved to small cottage but with larger "small boys friendly" garden, we're going to extend the cottage quite drastically but probably not until next year. When that happens i will have a dedicated spur installed to wherever my hifi and I are allowed live :), but until then we're all in the living room of which i have a corner. At the moment theres nowhere for a regen box to live, but i might be able to squeeze a balanced mains unit in. I guess first question is do you think theres benefit in this + good mains cables, but without having the regenerator, more so say than a really good fitler/mains block & power cables

I have been speaking to Nene Valley audio and they seem to think it would give a significant improvement even without a regen box (they would probably say this wouldn't they?), as they have a 6 socket "mini-BMU" which is disconcertingly cheap £275, but which is also pretty compact (25 x 23 x 7cm)..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NVA-Mini...078076?hash=item521810e2bc:g:JpYAAOSwwPtcYIkI

.. they offer a 30 day money back trial and also give the the full paid price back against upgrading to its bigger brother £550...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NVA-BMU-...255941?hash=item52176bc0c5:g:ztoAAOSwvapcTvCI

They were recommended to me in another forum, but i wandered if you had come across them? I also can only seem to find 3 socket versions of the airlink BMUs.

Sorry i'm dragging as even further off topic, but i thought it might be a good distraction what with all this unsettling talk of limit editions in the air :wink:

Apr 12, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #5,831 of 11,460
ps @lentoviolento ...I've just had a mini(?!!) brainwave....if you go for the Elise, you could add to the difference and spoil yourself to a pair of Meze Empyreans lol! :wink:. I can assure you these amazing cans will bring far greater improvements than spending the equivalent on any other amp you care to name...without question!! :jecklinsmile:...(I hear yet another bank manager breathing heavy sighs !...:triportsad::smile_phones:)...

ps. I feel your pain lol...:weary:...

Empyrean costs about 2600eur... Also i had verite and lcd3 on order.... I will see in future. Consider that i had ether2 and the guy i sold them to said that he consider ether2 and verite superior to meze... I don't know what to think about this meze...

Apr 12, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #5,832 of 11,460
Empyrean costs about 2600eur... Also i had verite and lcd3 on order.... I will see in future. Consider that i had ether2 and the guy i sold them to said that he consider ether2 and verite superior to meze... I don't know what to think about this meze...

I guess that shows is all about personal preferences and there aren't many bad headphones out there (except HD820 :wink: ) when you get up towards TOTL levels.. that and he's obviously wrong!! :) :wink:

Apr 12, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #5,834 of 11,460
Did you try them?

Sorry i was being intentionally obtuse, its been a long Friday afternoon working:)

i have heard the Ether 2's but not the Verite. I really liked the Ether 2, although they have a very different signature to the Meze, much leaner, faster with a more neutral presentation and they're probably the most comfortable headphones i've tried. I've heard the rest of the ZMF range, none of which really did anything for me, sounding somewhere between the Fostex which are just too studio sounding for me, and the LCDs which i really like in open back form. The verite are supposed to be quite a leap forward and i would love to hear them. That said and i'm totally ready to eat my words, i will be very surprised if they can hold a light to the Empyreans. I say this because i had the LCD4z's which i thought were right up there with the best ive heard, but one demo of the Meze and they instantly jumped out as something special. One of those few moments in Hifi where you stop in your tracks, forget about the kit and just start rattling through your music collection. Doesnt happen very often and i think last time for me was when i heard the first Chord Hugo.

Shame i've got rubbish left ear and owning OBs arent an option anymore, thank god for Euforia/Hugo2/Stellia! :)

Apr 12, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #5,835 of 11,460
In the future i will surely buy them, i am very curious. Also, experience taught me that the money spent on headphones are better than the money spent on amps/dacs. I got mad in the last year trying a ton of dacs, i ended with an smsl su8 and i won't change it until it explodes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back