Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Nov 2, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #4,906 of 11,472
I have been communicating with Feliks Audio.
From what I have learned , I will not be getting the flagship. As it is an integrated, it will make my euforia obsolete.
Although it will be a much better pre and amp than what I have it will be too expensive for my tastes.
I do have some nice pics of it though. It is a monster.

I think I will be going the monoblock route with the Feliks Duos and Euforia pre.. Not the top of the line, but I'm sure it will be the best I've had in
my 65 years, and I've had some pretty good gear.

Nov 2, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #4,907 of 11,472
Care to share the pictures? You say it is a monster, so what are you comparing it too? Pictures are worth a thousand words, so they say. Did they say in what way it was better than Euforia, I know the 2A3 tubes are considered to be some of the best tubes out there, but in general, how did they say it was so much better? So many questions, I recently got an Anthem integrated amp for the main music system, and it is very good. I love the Euforia, and I see your problem, as if I got the new amp, it would make the new Anthem excess, and I would not want that. However, if what I have heard, second hand to be sure, it is not out of the question, if it will in all ways live up to the design parameters. Could always sell off the Anthem, but I would keep the Euforia for use in another room perhaps. If you would not mind sharing what details you have learned, we would be very interested. Thanks aqsw.

Nov 2, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #4,908 of 11,472
Trying to send you a message Connie. Not sure if I should share these pics. They were sent to me from Feliks but im not sure if I shoukd
Share them. What do you think H1. I do have some specs also.

By "monster", I mean it looks physically large from the two pics I received. Not sure what the actual dimensions are.

They told me it was end game "if there is such a thing",

They also are pushing me towards the duo's instead as I really love my euforia.(I don't mind)
No price yet. (It will be deservedly high)
Not delivering til probably 2nd quarter 2019

One hint is, you will have to get very high efficient speakers.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #4,909 of 11,472
Thanks for the information, I will wait to see what H has to say. Good luck with the mono blocks, I will have to go to their site and check them out.

Nov 2, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #4,910 of 11,472
Duo's, They are beauty.

Attachments

• big_IMG-7341.jpg
    big_IMG-7341.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 0
Nov 2, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #4,911 of 11,472
Sorry
big_IMG-7341.jpg

Nov 3, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #4,912 of 11,472
Those do look really nice! Would fit in perfect with theEiuforia amp. Will give those a look. Thanks for the post.

Nov 3, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #4,913 of 11,472
They look really impressive H, hope they work out for you. But my tube chasing days are over, (okay, maybe just one more time!) unless of course these are much better than cv1052's. Did you manage to find two tubes or four? If two, I assume you will be using them in driver position? One thing I did not care for is the printing is not level on the one tube. Yea I know, but I had to find somethingggg! As always keep us in the loop, all the best.
http://www.r-type.org/exhib/aam0020.htm

Yo cf...very impressive indeed...especially in the flesh lol! I can't begin to imagine the level of skill needed to put these tubes together - FAR greater than any 6SN7/6AS7G/6080 or similar, you care to name...and that includes the (in)famous, and ridiculously expensive, Tung Sol BGRP! :wink:. And, dare I say it, the famous 2A3!!! And so I'm praying harder than ever that Euforia can in fact handle this gorgeous creation...:ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:...hope to start adapting it tomorrow, so will keep y'all informed...CJ

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #4,914 of 11,472
Trying to send you a message Connie. Not sure if I should share these pics. They were sent to me from Feliks but im not sure if I shoukd
Share them. What do you think H1. I do have some specs also.

By "monster", I mean it looks physically large from the two pics I received. Not sure what the actual dimensions are.

They told me it was end game "if there is such a thing",

They also are pushing me towards the duo's instead as I really love my euforia.(I don't mind)
No price yet. (It will be deservedly high)
Not delivering til probably 2nd quarter 2019

One hint is, you will have to get very high efficient speakers.

Hi aqsw.

Well done for squeezing more updates from Lukasz...am still waiting for them myself lol!! :wink:...

And I would imagine that as with Michal's early design concept Lukasz sent me a long while ago now, he wouldn't want them in the public domain just yet (unless he intimated otherwise in his communication with you).

And yes, I should think the (necessary) price will place it in another league entirely, and probably beyond most of our pockets here, alas! Especially, also, given the tremendous performance Euforia is actually capable of lol!

PM sent...

Nov 4, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #4,916 of 11,472
Popping my head in here - a few of your posts interested me especially H1.
I'm a big proponent of trying affordable makeshift DIY hacks / mods to milk that extra 'sonic juice' of of a system, so your fuse and top cap [non]-connector seem doable.
- For replacing the fuse, is this is an easy to find location of the Euforia or is there any circuitry in the way?
- And for the EL32 top cap, would you say that perhaps soldering the existing top wire (silver wire from Xuling's adapter) directly to the top may make any noticeable improvement vs. connected with the normal top socket?

Gotta hand it to ya H1, from your recent descriptions you must be getting sound that beyond what even many sound engineers may be getting. I wonder if you would ever want to upgrade again.

Also @connieflyer did you ever get a chance to compare an adapter from H1 vs. Xuling?

Finally @aqsw those dual 5-tube amps were a speaker amp that uses a series of dual amps, right?

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #4,918 of 11,472
OK guys, I know this probably isn't a practical venture for y'all, but thought I'd update you on my latest mad experiment.

Well, having made a makeshift adapter for testing purposes, and with fingers crossed, baited breath and hand on the power switch I waited for the worst lol. Unbelievably, Euforia has welcomed this triode-strapped pentode CV450 (EL38... in a power slot) even more warmly than the EL3N; EL11/12/Spezial, and the latest astounding ST CV1052 (EL32).

After only 15 mins on this first NOS tube, there's (thankfully!) the deathly silent background of the EL32, and now with 30+ mins there's still not the slightest hint of any objection from the amp...still the quietest, clearest background I have ever experienced. And the sound?...already superb! So I can't wait to adapt it properly - without intermediate socket, and with UP-OCC silver as well as the copper wires - along with the second tube. I can only imagine what they will then sound like, and with the obligatory long burn-in...stay tuned...:smile_phones:...

And here's a preliminary taster of a photo, for anyone interested! :wink:

P1020033.JPG

And on top of everything, it also has a lovely glow!! :)...from a1.4A heater, as opposed to EL32's 0.2A!...CHEERS!...CJ

Nov 5, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #4,919 of 11,472
Hi guys. I know this isn't really fair, but just had to report on latest findings re. the EL38 (CV450) experiment.

After 10 or so hours, there's still not the slightest hint of anything untoward, so it looks like once again, Euforia has shown her wonderful flexibility in what tubes can be safely used in her. And once again also, the amp remains cool to the touch, even though taking 7 times the power for heater...amazing.

But more encouraging than that, this tube as power, with the ST CV1052 (EL32) as drivers, is obviously a match made in Heaven. Even with very few hours on the first one as yet, it takes nothing away from the EL32 driver and, in fact, complements it wonderfully. And on top of the extra depth, power etc. provided by the mains fuse upgrade (yes, it does work lol!), even just one in the power slot, accompanying an EL32, is taking these qualities further still. So much so in fact that actually, just one may well provide all the bass, depth and energy one could ever want! It lives alongside an EL32 in the power seat as seemlessly as one could ever hope for....

Plus, all this came from the tube sitting in a less-than-ideal makeshift adapter, so now that I've adapted this first one properly, I'm anticipating very special things once a good few hours are on it...not to mention when I get the second tube finished lol :L3000:

Given this tube - as with the ST CV1052 - is already outperforming every other I've tried to date, it would appear that both of these tubes have remained hidden 'underground' for a very long while, and fully appreciated by only those in the know...there's hardly any info to be found anywhere on these beauties. If I'd found these a long while ago, I'd have asked Lukas to forget the 2A3 and look for a stash of them, despite some folks' uncertainty about tubes that have the top cap as high-voltage anode!). It 's going to be very interesting indeed to see just how the two compare in the near (?!) future lol...:wink:...

ps. Unfortunately, these EL tubes aren't being made anymore, so I suppose F-A would have declined the suggestion anyway alas...:triportsad:...BFN...CJ

Nov 5, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #4,920 of 11,472
Well h, it looks like you're having very good results from this new tube. It will be interesting to see what it will do long-term compared to the e l 32. I suppose if I'm going to get in on these I better start looking around for some before they all disappear! I know, I know I said I wasn't going to do this anymore, but then I also said I wasn't going to live this long either! So I can't even trust myself to do what I say. Keep up the good work h

Users who are viewing this thread

Back