Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jan 30, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #4,186 of 11,460
I got a little lonesome, so went back to the start of this thread and on page 3, there Phil was, had to read in about two dozen pages, nice to know I can revisit with him a little. Miss my little brother.

Jan 30, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #4,187 of 11,460
Espressivo MKII review: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/feliks-audio-espressivo-mkii.22896/reviews#review-19780

DSC_9837.jpg

Feb 6, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #4,195 of 11,460
Copying from the Elise thread; I just dropped in to see how everybody's doing and got the news... I was fortunate enough to benefit from Phil's generosity (helped me get a Cardas Cross cable from the US) and got to know him a tiny bit better than just on the forum. Truly a good man. May he rest in peace, he will definitely be remembered...

Feb 7, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #4,197 of 11,460

Thanks for the link myphone...to be honest, I never thought 6moons would ever even bother to review anything from the relatively unknown Feliks-Audio family! And so it was with much trepidation that I read their opinions...

I was especially concerned when I saw the gear they were testing it with...viz as pre-amp. However, I thought it held its head up fairly high in this role...as most of us longer-term users have found.

I was, however, even happier at his surprise at how well Euforia performed with more 'difficult' headphones...very happy, in fact! :darthsmile:. And his results with the likes of Senn HD800, Beyer T1 etc were even more encouraging. Nice also was no statement whatsoever along the lines of being 'overpriced', which was very good to hear. And all this with probably minimal burn-in of either amp or tubes....and with tubes that I personally don't think bring out anywhere near Euforia's true potential.

So all in all I think this 6moons review is highly positive, and vindicates F-A's efforts in creating something extra special in its class and price point. I shall reiterate the reviewer's words verbatim at the end, in the hope that 6moons don't mind...ie : "The currently best headfi amp from Feliks Audio cuts quite the figure. It reiterated my earlier observation that much impressive hifi these days comes out of Poland. Lepiej w to uwierz? You better believe it"...thanks 6moons for your review...CJ

Feb 9, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #4,198 of 11,460
Hi All,
Have to say the Euforia has become such a delight to listen too, I do listen with Beyers - T1 G2, have some Mr Speakers Aeons, wouldn’t recommend them with the Euforia or Elise, 32 ohm or less planars sound better with a Mojo or a solid state setup. The Beyers on the other hand sound a dream, have played with headphone cables, can’t grouch about the Atlas cable I have it’s way better than the stock cable. I have a Toxic on order, looking forward to listening to the Beyers with this cable.
Have to say though, I mostly listen to my beautiful Euforia with active near field monitors, I was using a pair of Yamaha HS7’s, Euforia was a bit let down by these monitors, so I upgraded to a pair of Focal Space 50’s, we are a month down the line, the amp has rounded off into complete beauty, I thought Elise was amazing if you spent some on tubes, Euforia is a complete new ballpark. The detail, dynamics, shear bass grunt, all mixed up in such a transparent package. I went for the Focal Space 50’s, because the amp is at my work, and I mix sounds, voice & music for clients. The Focal’s have to be the most honest, transparent & musical near fields, I’ve listened too. Most people have The Yam’s or Adam’s. No honestly listen to the Focal shape 50’s with Euforia, play the tubes a bit, can’t get by the Ken-rad 6F8G’s, these drivers are dribbley good, then a pair of Chatham 6080WB’s or TS 7236’s, mmmmm wow they sound great. The combo of Euforia and the Focal’s is devine.....
Hope all’s good with you guys and you’re enjoying the delights of this beautiful amp.
Very sad to hear about Phil, respect. Can’t say I knew him, I didn’t, have to respect him for what he shared on this forum. We all read the old posts if we are interested in making a purchase & his contribution to this thread helped me make the decision to buy an amp I am delighted with

Feb 9, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #4,200 of 11,460
From 6moons review " Euforia will deliver 0.13 watts into 32Ω and 300Ω, 0.2W into 100Ω and 0.08W into 600Ω. Voltage gain is 20dB and output impedance 20Ω."

I am a bit confused with these specs.

Does anyone know what output power tubes make the output impedance of 20Ω? As 6080/6as7/7236/5998 have different impedance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back