Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Oct 22, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #9,826 of 11,460
Hello,
I don't know what the buying conditions are like in your country.
But the fact is you have 3 years warranty on the purchase of the device.
There are then only 3 possibilities,
The dealer replaces it and takes care of the repair himself. And gives you a new one.
The dealer takes the device and sends it to Poland for repair at his own expense.
The dealer repairs the appliance himself if he has the means to do so.

If it is a big problem for you, I would ask Feliks again what you can/should do. Maybe Feliks is kind enough to send you a label since it is a new unit so that you can send it directly to Poland to have it repaired.
That would be the better way, because Feliks can act more directly.
Feliks may even send you a new unit when the old one arrives.

The other thing is that since you just bought it, you should be able to cancel the purchase. Even if you have a 30-day right of return, the dealer has to take it back.
If he's that stupid, it would have been the last time for me, to be honest.

It sounds like you have already changed the fuse several times.
Could it be a ground fault or a defect in the transformer?
Has the fuse blown every time or has it only happened once?
The fact that it won't switch on now is probably because you have overloaded something.
Like changing the fuse frequently if it has blown every time.

There is often a reason why the fuse blows, and the most common cause is usually a short circuit or overvoltage.
If you can rule it out in your house or flat that it is not coming from your socket, then the appliance has something wrong with it.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Try to talk to both sides - the dealer and Feliks - and then decide for yourself which you prefer.

Of course, it would be stupid of the dealer if he still has an Euforia in stock and doesn't exchange it.
As a gesture of goodwill and anger that you had, and above all, you would actually want to enter the shop again if the service was right.
Thanks a lot for your words and advice. I think the dealer is making an arrangement for repairing.
It is not fuse any more because I tried a few new fuse. No luck at all. Any thing other than fuse will be beyond my diagnose ability. I will leave it to their techs.
I don't like them to repair it because it will take long time and leave me no amp to use, and who knows what those techs will do to the units. However, I don't have a choice now. I will definitely contact Feliks if the dealer charge me shipping or they can't do it.

Ya, finger cross, hopefully it will be a good repair.

Oct 23, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #9,828 of 11,460
Did you try another headphone on it. could be there is something wrong which coases a failure. Have you tried to swap the tubes from left to right channel and vise versa?
good luck!
I tried swapping tube position and also using other tubes that I have, no luck. It's definitely not a tube issue.

In the first week, I only used HD600 and LCD3 and got trouble free. the issue started when I threw T1 2nd gen onto it. I recently acquired those cans for Euforia. The original owner of T1 only use them a couple times since he doesn't have any hifi system to drive it. They were like brand new when I got them, and they sounds flawless to my ear. It's hard to believe that they were the trouble maker.

I can't prove if HD600 can replicate the problem since the amp doesn't work anymore.

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #9,829 of 11,460
I tried swapping tube position and also using other tubes that I have, no luck. It's definitely not a tube issue.

In the first week, I only used HD600 and LCD3 and got trouble free. the issue started when I threw T1 2nd gen onto it. I recently acquired those cans for Euforia. The original owner of T1 only use them a couple times since he doesn't have any hifi system to drive it. They were like brand new when I got them, and they sounds flawless to my ear. It's hard to believe that they were the trouble maker.

I can't prove if HD600 can replicate the problem since the amp doesn't work anymore.
I think it is a coincidence that the T1 was plugged in and caused the failure.
And if it is OK, it was pure coincidence.
If it is, it's a problem with the amplifier that it stopped working at 600 ohms.

Ideally, it would be good if it went to Poland to be checked there so Feliks could investigate.

It's hard when you live in Canada or the US.
Because the amplifier will be on the road for 4-6 weeks for repair.

I would definitely do what Feliks suggests in the first place.
But still talk to the dealer about what he suggests.
I still think that an exchange should be possible and for the dealer it is at the end of the day that he can't currently sell a Feliks if he only has one left in stock.

I wouldn't do anything more on the amp that isn't necessary until it's clear what's going to happen to it.
In Canada there is upscale Audio who might have repair rights to shorten the repair time.
But that would be the last place I would go.
It is possible that Feliks has a repair service in America if you live in the area.

For me in Europe, it was no problem to send the Euforia to Poland when it broke down, which cost me 50€.
And it was quicker than sending it to Poland via the dealer who would probably have sent it via the distributor.
That was too inconvenient for me.

Write to Feliks anyway and tell him about the incident and wait to see what Lukasz suggests.
He is quite accommodating and open and straightforward in such matters.
And the repair is usually quick when he arrives in Poland.
Mine would originally have been on the way in just under 3 weeks.
It took longer because the Fedex driver was such a lazy person that it took almost 4 weeks.
And in the end I picked up the Euforia in my region at the Starion and the driver got even more annoyance from me and the boss.
I was at home both times and he didn't show up and each time the delivery was postponed.
Apart from that, everything else was fine with Feliks support, service and communication.
Everything was checked, cleaned and packed without any problems.
Even the tubes were checked.

Oct 23, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #9,830 of 11,460
Jesus, the amp doesn't turn on again yesterday. I replaced the fuse a few times, no luck at all. There must be other issues. I have to deal with the dealer again. They are not very willing to do the exchange but I am not very willing to let them repair. Let's see what's going on :frowning2:

Fuses can only be blown or working, they are not likely to cause intermittent working condition.

Headphones are just some simple coils, they are either continuous or broken, so they can't lead to intermittent working condition too.

Most likely some component has issues inside the amp, maybe some relay or cap or something else. You'd better ask the dealer to solve the problem within warranty.

Oct 23, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #9,831 of 11,460
Another possibility is that there could be some cold soldering joint inside the amp, it's on and off depending on whether the joint is making contact. Again, this is not something a user is supposed to solve. Ask the dealer/manufacturer to solve the problem within warranty asap.

Oct 23, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #9,832 of 11,460
Looking for some tube recommendations

I find the stock tubes a bit too warm sounding for some genres (Which might be surprising, I think it's because the synergy in my system). These KT77 as powers brighten the sound nicely, but it's lost the beautiful 3D soundstage.

Is there a pair of tubes which gets the best of both worlds? Preferably in the stock family.

KT77.jpg

I should organise a session with you. Bring your Euforia over to my place and listen to Odyssey with those KT77s and my other power tubes on Odyssey. I too want to hear KT77 on Euforia for myself. I also have a superb pair of Tung Sol 5998, GEC 6080 and Bendix 6080 for you to try on Euforia.

Oct 24, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #9,833 of 11,460

Oei, it's not working at all now, I over read this.
I was hoping for a loose wire to one of the cans or a bad connection which could have caused the problem. It happened before.
Wish you all the luck. And soon.

Oct 25, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #9,834 of 11,460
I should organise a session with you. Bring your Euforia over to my place and listen to Odyssey with those KT77s and my other power tubes on Odyssey. I too want to hear KT77 on Euforia for myself. I also have a superb pair of Tung Sol 5998, GEC 6080 and Bendix 6080 for you to try on Euforia.
Keen!

Oct 25, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #9,835 of 11,460
I took my Euforia to minidisc in Sydney and tried the qutest DAC, among other things. I’ve realised what I read was true, the old yggy is anti synergising with the euforia, adding bloat to the upper bass. So I’m selling the yggy (pm if interested) but what should I get?

Has anyone tried the denafrips DACs with the euforia? I’m considering the Pontus II. Qutest is always an option but limited connections on the back is a downside.

Edit: the “old yggy” is the GS version

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #9,836 of 11,460
I took my Euforia to minidisc in Sydney and tried the qutest DAC, among other things. I’ve realised what I read was true, the old yggy is anti synergising with the euforia, adding bloat to the upper bass. So I’m selling the yggy (pm if interested) but what should I get?

Has anyone tried the denafrips DACs with the euforia? I’m considering the Pontus II. Qutest is always an option but limited connections on the back is a downside.

Oops answering my own question again:

Very organic and analogue timbre.
Harmonic wealth and natural texture.
Full bodied and engaging sound.
Of course if you can afford it goes like Ares II<Pontus II<Venus II with the Pontus being the sweet spot.

Oct 25, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #9,837 of 11,460

Take a look to the Mhdt Labs Atlantis,is more Analog then the Ares 2 when is more your favorit.
They are of my wishlist the Atlanis or the Orchid.
The Orchid from Mhdt Labs can be run with a Adapter with a 6SN7 tube 🙈.

can be it really keen😊.

Oct 25, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #9,838 of 11,460

Not your question exactly. But I used the audio quest 90° RCA splitters very satisfactorily on the qutest.

Oct 25, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #9,839 of 11,460
Take a look to the Mhdt Labs Atlantis,is more Analog then the Ares 2 when is more your favorit.
They are of my wishlist the Atlanis or the Orchid.
The Orchid from Mhdt Labs can be run with a Adapter with a 6SN7 tube 🙈.

can be it really keen😊.
That looks very intriguing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back