Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Oct 21, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #9,811 of 11,460
Oct 21, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #9,812 of 11,460
You can check whether the fuse has remained intact or not.
If it has blown, a new one is useless because there is a reason why it blew.

The value is written on the fuse, unfortunately I don't know the Us value.

But if the fuse has remained intact, it has not blown.
The cause is somewhere else.

I wouldn't try too hard.
Take it back to the shop where you bought it, they should exchange it for you.
Because you would still be within the 14-day return period.
That should be possible.

Otherwise, contact Feliks support if you have no success.
They usually know what's going on.

It is not normal for tubes to say goodbye, it is usually noticeable in a different way.
By hissing, scratching etc.

Have they all failed or just one?
If they have all failed, it could have something to do with the heating or bias control.
If it was only one, then 3 should still be burning.
Thanks for the tips. I think I found out why the fuse failed.

I took the fuse out
It was a T1.25AL250V, but the back of the amp said T1.6A fuse should be used.
I ended up ordering T1.6AH250V ceramic fuse. It worked a whole night without any issue.
Since I bought my Euforia brand new, it must be someone installed a wrong fuse on production line. In the first week, I only use it to drive hd600, lcd3, so the 1.25a fuse was still able to handle the current. On the day it failed, I purchased a Beyer T1 600ohm. The poor fuse could hold no more. It makes sense. :)

Btw, for anyone who needs new fuse, use 1.6A time delay or slow blow fuse. Ceramic and glass are both fine. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20211019_184708.jpg
    IMG_20211019_184708.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211019_184909.jpg
    IMG_20211019_184909.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #9,813 of 11,460
Thanks for the tips. I think I found out why the fuse failed.

I took the fuse out
It was a T1.25AL250V, but the back of the amp said T1.6A fuse should be used.
I ended up ordering T1.6AH250V ceramic fuse. It worked a whole night without any issue.
Since I bought my Euforia brand new, it must be someone installed a wrong fuse on production line. In the first week, I only use it to drive hd600, lcd3, so the 1.25a fuse was still able to handle the current. On the day it failed, I purchased a Beyer T1 600ohm. The poor fuse could hold no more. It makes sense. :)

Btw, for anyone who needs new fuse, use 1.6A time delay or slow blow fuse. Ceramic and glass are both fine. :)
Hmm, that's weird that a fuse was installed that is below the setpoint.
I can hardly imagine that Feliks did that.
Precisely because you attach great importance to quality assurance and minimal downtime.

Has Feliks commented on that in any way?

I bought this here:
https://www.analogueseduction.net/f...copper-slow-5-x-20mm-t-audio-grade-fuses.html

And brought something again.
I also installed the same in the Dac.
Everything is in the subtle area but noticeable at the first point, but you forget about it later.

The silver version is a little lighter and a little more saturated in all areas and a little less warm.
For the Euforia I prefer the golden one because it plays a little warmer and there is a little more bass presence with a slightly nicer midrange.
I still have it in my setup today.

Oct 21, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #9,814 of 11,460
The fuse really changes the sound quality?

I think you lose the warranty when opening the amp for changing the fuse.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #9,816 of 11,460
Did somebody ask the manufacturer about the fuse needs to be slow or fast blow ?

I did read an audiophile fuse might blow more easily than a manufacturer fuse due to tolerance.

50€ is alot for a fuse I guess.
Oh I saw there is also one for half and one for double the price 💸

But seems to be an interesting tweak.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #9,817 of 11,460
Hmm, that's weird that a fuse was installed that is below the setpoint.
I can hardly imagine that Feliks did that.
Precisely because you attach great importance to quality assurance and minimal downtime.

Has Feliks commented on that in any way?

I bought this here:
https://www.analogueseduction.net/f...copper-slow-5-x-20mm-t-audio-grade-fuses.html

And brought something again.
I also installed the same in the Dac.
Everything is in the subtle area but noticeable at the first point, but you forget about it later.

The silver version is a little lighter and a little more saturated in all areas and a little less warm.
For the Euforia I prefer the golden one because it plays a little warmer and there is a little more bass presence with a slightly nicer midrange.
I still have it in my setup today.
The copper fuse looks really nice. Anything with hifi/audiophile title will cost 100 times more,lol.

I got these ones below since they are the fastest ones that I could get in Canada. They will be my temperary solution.

10PCS Ceramic fuses T1.6AH250V Slow-Blow 5x20mm/0.197"x0.787" 1.6AMP 250V (T1.6A) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0821MNTM6/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_S9N3XJK4153GCRPZYW3H

Feliks didn't say anything about their QA yet :) , but they confirmed that I can use those fuse that I bought.

Oct 21, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #9,818 of 11,460
Did somebody ask the manufacturer about the fuse needs to be slow or fast blow ?

I did read an audiophile fuse might blow more easily than a manufacturer fuse due to tolerance.

50€ is alot for a fuse I guess.
Oh I saw there is also one for half and one for double the price 💸

But seems to be an interesting tweak.
Yes, it must be slow blow. Slow blow give you like 10 sec tolerance to current spikes. If you use fast blow, the fuse may get blown too often

Oct 21, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #9,819 of 11,460
Hat jemand den Hersteller gefragt, ob die Sicherung langsam oder schnell durchbrennen muss?

Ich habe gelesen, dass eine audiophile Sicherung aufgrund von Toleranzen leichter durchbrennen könnte als eine Herstellersicherung.

50€ sind viel für eine Sicherung, denke ich.
Oh ich habe gesehen, es gibt auch einen zum halben und einen zum doppelten Preis 💸

Scheint aber ein interessanter Tweak zu sein.
Hallo,
Für die Eu ist es 5x20 T=Slow Blow 1,25 A.
Bitte beachten Sie, dass sich die Sicherung für die USA, Australien und Japan ändern kann.

Meine damaligen Eindrücke habe ich hier niedergeschrieben.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/feliks-audio-euforia-a-wolf-in-sheeps-clothing.831743/page-609

50€ sind nichts, wenn man die anderen von Phonosophie und Co. vergleicht...die ab 80€ aufwärts beginnen.
Und wenn man die Berichte liest, bezweifle ich wirklich, dass die teureren mit dem Hifi-Tuning mithalten oder besser sind.
Da ist der Vorgang meist ähnlich.
Das ist natürlich mein Eindruck, wenn ich den ganzen Vortrag lese.
Natürlich reichen die normalen.

Ich habe sie erst gewechselt und entdeckt, als ich die Sicherung an meinem Dac überprüfte und sah, dass die Kappe locker war.
Die Qualität war also nicht besonders gut und typisch in China von der weniger guten Seite her.

Oct 21, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #9,820 of 11,460
The fuse really changes the sound quality?

I think you lose the warranty when opening the amp for changing the fuse.
A little bit change it yes.
You don‘t lose the warranty,the Fuse are outside for the change.See the picture from @Melting735 when you scroll up.

What I heard from other places is that if the fuse is not used directly in the audio circuit path, it is unlikely to affect sound. For Euforia, I think the fuse is only for the incoming AC power.

For me, it is probably the last thing to replace.

Oct 21, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #9,821 of 11,460
I just wanted to add that I only recently purchased the AE of this amp and coming from the Pathos Aurium hybrid amp this is definitely an upgrade I should've invested in sooner (instead of waiting literal years).
This and the Utopia really are pretty magical and the result is the type of sound I'm looking for.
I'm also now very interested in trying the Meze Empyrean as a comparison, but I'll likely not get rid of the Utopes.

I have a question regarding any advice with closed back headphones: Is there any closed headphone that anyone feels is an amazing match with the amp?
I haven't really found many people mention anything along those lines and I'm currently looking at potentially blocking out some noise, such as the one made by my other half when she's attacking her keyboard with the fury of a thousand suns aka working from home.

Oct 21, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #9,822 of 11,460
ZMF Verite closed sounds lovely on the Euphoria and will be a good contrast to your Utopia.

Oct 21, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #9,823 of 11,460
That's not quite right.
Because the current must flow through the fuse before it reaches the other components.
Regardless of the wire thickness spoken in the fuse.
Take the glass fuse as an example.
The current also sometimes creates a movement in the wire because it is under voltage like the wire in the glass fuse.
Also independent of what else is generated physically such as noise, jitter etc..
Of course, this can calm down over time.
But as long as it is still under voltage, it still produces a slight vibration that can affect the whole circuit board like a kind of shock in a rhythm.
Metaphorically speaking, like when you accelerate a car and lift your foot off the gas and accelerate again in a rhythm.

I would still prefer a ceramic fuse to a glass one because the wire is encased in the ceramic and the vibration can be roughly absorbed.
Of course, you can go a step further and make the wire thicker, fill it with sand and put it in a ceramic casing and cryogenise it for me.
Like Hifi tuning has done.
And also others who want to have a whole arm's length for it from a price point of view.

If it had been more expensive, I would have said no thanks.

As I said before, it's subtle features that improve, it's up to you whether you buy it, do it or not.
I see it this way, if you add up many subtle things, you can also talk a bit about sound performance.
It's more like an investment in a cable.
That also only improves/deteriorates subtle characteristics.

Oct 22, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #9,824 of 11,460
Jesus, the amp doesn't turn on again yesterday. I replaced the fuse a few times, no luck at all. There must be other issues. I have to deal with the dealer again. They are not very willing to do the exchange but I am not very willing to let them repair. Let's see what's going on :frowning2:

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #9,825 of 11,460
Jesus, the amp doesn't turn on again yesterday. I replaced the fuse a few times, no luck at all. There must be other issues. I have to deal with the dealer again. They are not very willing to do the exchange but I am not very willing to let them repair. Let's see what's going on :frowning2:
Hello,
I don't know what the buying conditions are like in your country.
But the fact is you have 3 years warranty on the purchase of the device.
There are then only 3 possibilities,
The dealer replaces it and takes care of the repair himself. And gives you a new one.
The dealer takes the device and sends it to Poland for repair at his own expense.
The dealer repairs the appliance himself if he has the means to do so.

If it is a big problem for you, I would ask Feliks again what you can/should do. Maybe Feliks is kind enough to send you a label since it is a new unit so that you can send it directly to Poland to have it repaired.
That would be the better way, because Feliks can act more directly.
Feliks may even send you a new unit when the old one arrives.

The other thing is that since you just bought it, you should be able to cancel the purchase. Even if you have a 30-day right of return, the dealer has to take it back.
If he's that stupid, it would have been the last time for me, to be honest.

It sounds like you have already changed the fuse several times.
Could it be a ground fault or a defect in the transformer?
Has the fuse blown every time or has it only happened once?
The fact that it won't switch on now is probably because you have overloaded something.
Like changing the fuse frequently if it has blown every time.

There is often a reason why the fuse blows, and the most common cause is usually a short circuit or overvoltage.
If you can rule it out in your house or flat that it is not coming from your socket, then the appliance has something wrong with it.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Try to talk to both sides - the dealer and Feliks - and then decide for yourself which you prefer.

Of course, it would be stupid of the dealer if he still has an Euforia in stock and doesn't exchange it.
As a gesture of goodwill and anger that you had, and above all, you would actually want to enter the shop again if the service was right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back