Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Oct 29, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #9,856 of 11,460
Hello,
Now also available in Europe for us Europeans.
And a lot cheaper to get than over the ponds.
The first link are the ones I have had since March this year.
Excellent tubes, I can only say again.

https://btb-elektronik.de/en/produc...-series-tubes-factory-matched-tube-pair-2pcs/

The second link I don't know myself.
They are cheaper and probably not quite as good as the Elite version.
Reminiscent of the Ps Vane if you look closely.
But I'm not sure.
I can't say how they sound, and unfortunately I haven't read anything about them yet.
Here is the link:
https://btb-elektronik.de/en/product/5442/6sn7-linlai-hifi-roehren-factory-matched-tube-pairs--x2/

By the way, the location is Germany, and as it says on the site, they are a general agent.

Oct 29, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #9,857 of 11,460
The output impedance of the Euforia has been stated by FA to be about 20 Ohms. For the Elise it is somewhere around 40-50 Ohms
Thanks @Magol79, this is very helpful. 2 f/u questions:

1. I assume that is with stock tubes. Any information as to how that may differ using non-standard output tubes (EG - KT-88)?
2. Did you have to email them to find this info.? (I searched online and came up empty)!

Have a great weekend!

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #9,858 of 11,460
Thanks @Magol79, this is very helpful. 2 f/u questions:

1. I assume that is with stock tubes. Any information as to how that may differ using non-standard output tubes (EG - KT-88)?
2. Did you have to email them to find this info.? (I searched online and came up empty)!

Have a great weekend!
No, there are no measured results on the mod base tubes.
You should also be warned that Feliks knows about this and the warranty will be voided if they find out.
Because the Euforia is not designed for the mod socket and there have already been failures.
With the mod socket, you should not go beyond 7 amps.

Apart from that, you'd better try to find a tube combination that you might like and that is feasible with the permissible tubes that are mentioned in the manual.
On the other hand, there are other ways to give the Euforia a boost without overloading it like with the mod socket.

The values measured and in the specifications where you are referring to are measured from the series tubes, i.e. the 6As7G Svetlana and 6SN7 Ps vane as far as output impedance is concerned.
Since they are the same type, combining the 6080 with the Ps vanes, for example, will probably not change anything.
If you do, it will be minimal and not noticeable.

Oct 30, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #9,859 of 11,460
No, there are no measured results on the mod base tubes.
You should also be warned that Feliks knows about this and the warranty will be voided if they find out.
Because the Euforia is not designed for the mod socket and there have already been failures.
With the mod socket, you should not go beyond 7 amps.

Apart from that, you'd better try to find a tube combination that you might like and that is feasible with the permissible tubes that are mentioned in the manual.
On the other hand, there are other ways to give the Euforia a boost without overloading it like with the mod socket.

The values measured and in the specifications where you are referring to are measured from the series tubes, i.e. the 6As7G Svetlana and 6SN7 Ps vane as far as output impedance is concerned.
Since they are the same type, combining the 6080 with the Ps vanes, for example, will probably not change anything.
If you do, it will be minimal and not noticeable.
@Deleeh your points are well taken. However, using a non-standard tube such as KT-88 (1.6A versus 2.5A for 6080) certainly does not require one to exceed the amperage limit. In any case, thank you for a helpful reply and happy listening!

Oct 30, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #9,860 of 11,460
@Deleeh your points are well taken. However, using a non-standard tube such as KT-88 (1.6A versus 2.5A for 6080) certainly does not require one to exceed the amperage limit. In any case, thank you for a helpful reply and happy listening!
Also, anyone with any sense uses external power for any situation which would even approach the maximum factory specifications for heater current.

Oct 30, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #9,861 of 11,460
Hello all,
I have a question. Which power conditioner is good. I am looking for one that is not more expensive than the euforia. Also, are those $100 models (ie, Furman PST-6) good? Or are those just $100 power strips?

Thanks

Oct 30, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #9,862 of 11,460
Hello all,
I have a question. Which power conditioner is good. I am looking for one that is not more expensive than the euforia. Also, are those $100 models (ie, Furman PST-6) good? Or are those just $100 power strips?

Thanks
The PS Audio stellar p3 is quite good and should be a little less expensive than the Euforia in the US.
I use it myself and am very happy with it.

The extremely cheap Filters usually strip dynamics and should be avoided.
For ~1k the Audioquest Niagara 1200 or the entry options from Ansuz are worth a consideration if one wants to stay on the cheaper side of things.

Oct 31, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #9,863 of 11,460
Hello all,

Thanks
After testing a lot of stuff, I have settled with the iFi power station as the most value for money, least compromises solution.

Oct 31, 2021 at 12:44 AM Post #9,864 of 11,460
Although not inexpensive the Furman Elite-15 Pfi has worked very well for me.

Oct 31, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #9,865 of 11,460
Although not inexpensive the Furman Elite-15 Pfi has worked very well for me.

That is the one in my system as well - going on four years. The Furman Elite was designed by Garth Powell who now heads power / conditioning for Audioquest.

Oct 31, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #9,868 of 11,460
Hello,
Did the devices you mentioned really make a difference?

I use the Taga Harmony Pf 1000 and found that it lost some of its dynamics compared to a normal one.
The Furutech socket made the most difference to me after I replaced the old socket that was painted over.

Nov 2, 2021 at 1:37 AM Post #9,869 of 11,460
I auditioned the susvara, hollly moly it sounded so good. I never really knew what natural timbre really was, at least for strings.
It was a shame they didn't have a he1000se cos I think I'll save up for it if that can do 90% of what the susvara can do (but with significantly less power, its 96dB efficient instead of 83dB)

While dealing with upgraditus I decided a tube swap was due. I discovered KT88 as drivers and KT77 as powers is really good! The hum goes down a lot with time, I just need to be patient - I think it settles at the lowest level at around 3-5 hours or so. It's still there with the Utopia, but it's tolerable.

But damn! This combo makes the Utopia sound way more natural. The biggest standout is the harmonies, they seem to vibrate and shimmer - it's really beautiful! The treble is also more nimble and less peaky than the stock tubes.

Most songs from this album demonstrate the effect, but this one stands out:
Track: Violin Concerto in B Minor, RV 387: III. Allegro
Artist: Le Concert de la Loge & Julien Chauvin
Album: Vivaldi: Concerti per violino VIII "Il teatro"

KT77 KT88.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #9,870 of 11,460
Henrim, I used that combo awhile ago and found those tubes to be excellent. I used the tubes opposite to you. KT77 as drivers and KT88 as powers. Found it worked so well I used them for over four months that way. Never had a hum with these tubes. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back