Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Dec 24, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #7,591 of 11,460

Hi cf. Yeah, these GU50s sure do look different...especially when they're put in the original Russian 'trash can' holder lol! :fearful: But otherwise they don't look too bad - mine arrived today much more quickly than anticipated from Ukraine. Unfortunately (and @Johnnysound ) the lovely silver plated C3g and 7N7 to 6SN7 roll-jaw socket is too small for this tube, but there are zillions on ebay from China, with or without gold plated receptors and dirt cheap, so should be easy for inexpensive 3rd party adapters!
And it appears the Chinese version - ie FU50 may not be up to the original Russian GU50 (which was itself a copy of the TFK LS50!).

Whatever, I now look forward to converting my first 2 tubes after Christmas...luckily I don't need to wait an eternity for sockets from China lol! :wink:

ps. And yes, it does once again look like they're meant to be run much harder than our amps will, but hopefully they'll behave like the KT88 etc. (all of this KT family conveniently using the same adapter).

And now for a teaser.............:

DSC_0036 Amp +GU50s.jpg

Spot the intruders!! :ksc75smile:...CHEERS!...CJ

Dec 24, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #7,592 of 11,460
So all the KT family use the same adapter, even the KT77? I thought they did but was not sure. Meant to check the pin outs before I ordered the tubes but I "forgot"!

Dec 25, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #7,595 of 11,460
Merry Christmas CJ! Thank you for your time, efforts and everything you made to bring us these KT tubes on our amps. These brought me an incredible experience.

2019-12-25-12-42-57.jpg

Well, it seems someone drank already the whiskey and I have an idea who. The one sitting in front of the monitor and typing this message. :beyersmile:

Dec 25, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #7,596 of 11,460
A very Merry Christmas to all the thread folks, it has been a good year, and I predict it will only get better next year. Happiness, and above all Peace

Dec 25, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #7,597 of 11,460
Merry Christmas CJ! Thank you for your time, efforts and everything you made to bring us these KT tubes on our amps. These brought me an incredible experience.

2019-12-25-12-42-57.jpg

Well, it seems someone drank already the whiskey and I have an idea who. The one sitting in front of the monitor and typing this message. :beyersmile:
Looks like someone's Christmas is going with a swing!!, so what's better, the JD or the KT's! lol.

Dec 25, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #7,598 of 11,460
A belated happy Christmas from me too, hope you are all having a great time, thanks to everyone who has contributed in any way to the thread, and especially to CJ, and Octavian, for making this the best year yet!, how this coming year can match it I don't know but I'm sure we will all give it a damn good try!, cheers!.

Dec 25, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #7,599 of 11,460
Thanks guys...it has indeed been a very fruitful - and eventful! - year. And am glad most folks have liked the latest discoveries...(despite perhaps building a rather larger collection of tubes than anticipated lol! :wink:). Can't promise I shan't lead you down yet another rabbit hole, but if I do, I promise your poor wallets won't have to suffer too much...:ksc75smile::ksc75smile:.
Enjoy the rest of your Christmas, and we look forward to the New Year...whatever it brings (or not!! :smile_phones:)....BFN...CJ

ps. Nearly forgot....HAPPY LISTENING!...

Dec 25, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #7,600 of 11,460
It has been a very interesting year of discovery. Finding all these. Combinations of tubes, and how much better everything sounds, now that things are coming together. Thanks again for all those who have contributed to our success.

Dec 25, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #7,601 of 11,460
It has been a very interesting year of discovery. Finding all these. Combinations of tubes, and how much better everything sounds, now that things are coming together. Thanks again for all those who have contributed to our success.

Well said cf...without all you equally pioneering (and inquisitive! :wink:) trailblazers, I'm sure life wouldn't have been half as interesting or rewarding these past years with our wonderful Feliks-Audio amps...WELL DONE all!

And g'night from me....zzzzzzz....CJ

Dec 26, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #7,604 of 11,460
Wishing all thread members a very Happy New Year.
A thought for anyone thinking of getting either Euforia or Elise in the new year. I'm running Sennheiser HD600 at the moment listening to an all time great, Eva Cassiday set-up is Elise plus quad of KT88's and the sound is wonderfull. So in my opinion it's not necessary to stretch straight away to a TOTL headphone although some think the HD600 is such a headphone. Music can be glorious on less expensive phones with this set-up.

Dec 26, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #7,605 of 11,460
Wishing all thread members a very Happy New Year.
A thought for anyone thinking of getting either Euforia or Elise in the new year. I'm running Sennheiser HD600 at the moment listening to an all time great, Eva Cassiday set-up is Elise plus quad of KT88's and the sound is wonderfull. So in my opinion it's not necessary to stretch straight away to a TOTL headphone although some think the HD600 is such a headphone. Music can be glorious on less expensive phones with this set-up.
With HD650s in hand and stock powers in position (I had an EL39 fail on me), I must second this! First set-up I’ve had where I felt no need to EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back