Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Nov 21, 2019 at 2:12 AM Post #7,337 of 11,472
Or get someone to build it for you, if you have a good idea of what you're looking for. Everyone knows about Glenn's amps, but I recently had this amp built for me. I have a multi-page spreadsheet of all the parts used and suppliers - even down to the wiring and solder used. It's a little crazy, but the guy also builds simpler/cheaper amps and assures me the sound quality is just as good.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/1101-audio-custom-crafted-headphone-amps.919425/

If the information is not confidential (since it is a product which is being sold should not be), at what price you bought that monster amp? I am not interested in an exact estimation, just wanted to know in which "league" is positioning.

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #7,338 of 11,472
Or get someone to build it for you, if you have a good idea of what you're looking for. Everyone knows about Glenn's amps, but I recently had this amp built for me. I have a multi-page spreadsheet of all the parts used and suppliers - even down to the wiring and solder used. It's a little crazy, but the guy also builds simpler/cheaper amps and assures me the sound quality is just as good.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/1101-audio-custom-crafted-headphone-amps.919425/

Yes indeed leftside...but we're back to having to pay a good deal of money for any such custom built beauties lol! :wink: Fine, if you have the funds...and the achievement is his!! :smile_phones:.
Me, I'm more than happy with my Euforia...especially now with the (increasingly) impressive KT66/KT88 combo taking it to another level entirely. And listening now to my setup feeding the Vincent SS amp and Tannoy XT6f speakers, any residual urge to have a go at building my own creation is slipping away fast lol!! :grin:

ps. That sure is one heck of a custom setup you have there...dread to think how much it cost though! :astonished::L3000:...CHEERS!...CJ

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #7,339 of 11,472
So... If anyone is wondering, you can use Euforia as a Pre-AMP for some TOTL Tune Audio speakers, I was with a friend and we tested the migthy Euforia as a Pre, and we were both blown away! :)

More impressions and details to come really soon! :)

Hi DG.

A good few of us have already discovered Euforia's prowess as pre-amp - in both tube and SS power amp setups...quite stunning, actually (especially with the KT66s driving KT88 powers...unbelievable in fact lol! :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:).

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #7,340 of 11,472
Well @connieflyer ...your confidence in my trying the KT66/88 combo as pre-amp to my Vincent and Tannoy speakers is vindicated BIG time, mon ami. When I should be continuing with more bench work, I'm glued to my seat here listening to Ray Daveluy's Organ Recital in 192kHz 24bit. The depth of sound is invading every part of my being - especially my head after Bach's Toccata and Fugue lol!! :astonished::grinning: And before that Loreena McKennitt's exotic Eastern instruments in 'An Ancient Muse' were simply...exotic!!...tones I've never heard before. If these KT tubes (and Euforia) keep bringing me more of these goodies, I don't know how many more surprises I can handle at my delicate stage of life lol! :wink: (But I'm sure I'll cope, somehow or other!...:ksc75smile:).

Anyway, my coffee is getting cold while Mike Oldfield's 'Elements' is now playing...just can't move at the moment still (this could get rather serious, D!! :L3000::L3000:). BFN...CJ

Nov 21, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #7,341 of 11,472
Me again @connieflyer ...and all those using our amps as pre amp. After some more different tracks (now from 'The Fureys' Finest' compilation), I can safely say that the leap in performance from having the KT66/88 combo in situ is a good deal more noticeable from my speaker setup than even the Empyreans. Now I know I'm very close to having those men in white jackets knocking on my door...never expected such a transformation :confused::grinning:...???!!!...(better get back to the bench lol...:))...

Nov 21, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #7,342 of 11,472
CJ, I know what you mean, and glad your system is responding to the pre amp, Vincent setup. It is uncanny how much better my system sounds with the Euforia as a pre amp. Going back over older hi res files, I settled on some Mannheim Steamroller albums. One just came on just now, and I was paying attention to what I was writing enjoying the music at a level that I would call divorce level, and the song Teardrops Raindrops came on, it starts out with a massive crack of thunder, truly made me jump. Had to stop what I was doing and replay that opening. Amazing clarity. That is the biggest difference I have found, the clarity of each individual instrument, not jumping out at you but presented in the correct position on the sound stage in the correct quantities. Well recorded pieces will make an impression that has you sorting out more music instead of "doing" things like chores you need to do . I, personally can not thank you enough for going down this KT path. As you know I was starting to look around for a new headphone amp, but after listening to several, found them all pretty much to be a good match with what I wanted. But after jumping on the KT bandwagon one last time, I have stopped looking at other gear. This setup will indeed take me a long way to musical nirvana.

Nov 21, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #7,343 of 11,472
CJ, I know what you mean, and glad your system is responding to the pre amp, Vincent setup. It is uncanny how much better my system sounds with the Euforia as a pre amp. Going back over older hi res files, I settled on some Mannheim Steamroller albums. One just came on just now, and I was paying attention to what I was writing enjoying the music at a level that I would call divorce level, and the song Teardrops Raindrops came on, it starts out with a massive crack of thunder, truly made me jump. Had to stop what I was doing and replay that opening. Amazing clarity. That is the biggest difference I have found, the clarity of each individual instrument, not jumping out at you but presented in the correct position on the sound stage in the correct quantities. Well recorded pieces will make an impression that has you sorting out more music instead of "doing" things like chores you need to do . I, personally can not thank you enough for going down this KT path. As you know I was starting to look around for a new headphone amp, but after listening to several, found them all pretty much to be a good match with what I wanted. But after jumping on the KT bandwagon one last time, I have stopped looking at other gear. This setup will indeed take me a long way to musical nirvana.
Hi cf,
For fun I played Teardrops (YouTube) and it sounds like lightning and rain all right. Curious if you can hear what I hear at around 36 sec (very short lasting sound a second or so)?

Nov 21, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #7,344 of 11,472

Yo cf...I'm definitely gonna have to find more time for speaker listening from now on lol...even though 'solo' time is somewhat limited these days alas! And no chance of a 'Man Cave' either :triportsad:. Never mind, going back to the Empyreans brings its own magic, of course.

And yes, that increased clarity benefits many areas of the overall sound, bringing further insight into the performance. Plus a smoothness that is less 'buttery', more a PTFE-enhanced super-lubricant lol!! :wink::ksc75smile:

ps... I can only imagine what your tower speakers made of that 'crack'!! (lucky you not to have to worry about the neighbours, D...:L3000:).

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #7,345 of 11,472
Hi cf,
For fun I played Teardrops (YouTube) and it sounds like lightning and rain all right. Curious if you can hear what I hear at around 36 sec (very short lasting sound a second or so)?
Hi Mordy, I re ran the file a couple of times but could not detect anything out of the ordinary. I wonder if it was something on the you tube version. the ones I have are all hi def flac files so maybe it was something with the uploaded file. What was it you heard, anyways?

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #7,346 of 11,472
Yo cf...I'm definitely gonna have to find more time for speaker listening from now on lol...even though 'solo' time is somewhat limited these days alas! And no chance of a 'Man Cave' either :triportsad:. Never mind, going back to the Empyreans brings its own magic, of course.

And yes, that increased clarity benefits many areas of the overall sound, bringing further insight into the performance. Plus a smoothness that is less 'buttery', more a PTFE-enhanced super-lubricant lol!! :wink::ksc75smile:

ps... I can only imagine what your tower speakers made of that 'crack'!! (lucky you not to have to worry about the neighbours, D...:L3000:).

I am glad you had a chance to check out the pre amp with your system, it really made a great impression with me. Well, I put that on again tonight, and did not spare the volume know! And it is a very realistic sound to be sure. Will really get your attention. One thing I really like about the Mannheim, is his use of the Oboe, especially the Lupophone and hecklephone ,which is my favorite instrument after piano. Some of the notes that are held on some of the songs that are held are just amazing. You might like to try this piece.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #7,347 of 11,472
Hi Mordy, I re ran the file a couple of times but could not detect anything out of the ordinary. I wonder if it was something on the you tube version. the ones I have are all hi def flac files so maybe it was something with the uploaded file. What was it you heard, anyways?
Hi cf,
I heard what sounds like birds twittering very briefly and was wondering if you can hear it too. Rechecked YouTube and heard it at 14 seconds as well (both times in the right channel). It struck me as odd that birds were twittering during lightning and thunder....
It is very subtle but I think that I am hearing it.

Nov 21, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #7,348 of 11,472
They were scared by the noise?

Nov 21, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #7,350 of 11,472
I played the song again a couple of times and did not hear anything like that. I also checked this you tube and did not hear it either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back