Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Nov 1, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #7,096 of 11,460
Well, I have to admit I like the WA22, but for me the interesting part would be Tung Sol 5998 + WE 422A + Psvane CV181T2 connected to RME ADI-2 DAC via balanced (XLR) connection. That would be something I want to try with my T1.
But I will, most probably, not try this so... let's hope the Tung Sol 7581A or the Genalex KT66 will sound good on my Elise.
Hope you like them, I've found them to be very good with rock and metal, paired with the T1, especially once you get past about 40 hours.

Nov 1, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #7,097 of 11,460
I've been so tied up in burning in the 7581A's, plus trying to avoid the upheaval of building work that's going on at my house that I forgot to mention a new hp acquisition, a pair of the ZMF Atticus, and they certainly love FA amps, they are rather picky of recording and genre, but for classic rock and jazz, especially contemporary jazz they are sublime.
20191101_114929[671].jpggg.jpg

Nov 1, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #7,098 of 11,460
Hope you like them, I've found them to be very good with rock and metal, paired with the T1, especially once you get past about 40 hours.

I am quite sure I will like them and I am determined to wait at least 100 hours until I will judge them. And when the clock will show 100 hours I will listen to this album:

IM.jpg

We will see then how Transylvania or Strange World will sound, tracks which are one of my all times favourites. After all, I live in Transylvania :)

Nov 1, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #7,099 of 11,460
I've been so tied up in burning in the 7581A's, plus trying to avoid the upheaval of building work that's going on at my house that I forgot to mention a new hp acquisition, a pair of the ZMF Atticus, and they certainly love FA amps, they are rather picky of recording and genre, but for classic rock and jazz, especially contemporary jazz they are sublime.

I had the Eikon and Atticus before !!! Great HPs with Elise and Euforia.

Nov 1, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #7,100 of 11,460
I am quite sure I will like them and I am determined to wait at least 100 hours until I will judge them. And when the clock will show 100 hours I will listen to this album:

IM.jpg

We will see then how Transylvania or Strange World will sound, tracks which are one of my all times favourites. After all, I live in Transylvania :)

I will check out Transylvania... Sylvania ? :)

Nov 1, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #7,101 of 11,460

IM.jpg

Good to hear Octavian, also great tracks from a great album, actually I bought the 2015 remastered CD only last week, and it's a very good version :metal:.

Nov 1, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #7,103 of 11,460
I haven't heard the Eikon yet but as you say, the Atticus pairs well with both, less so on my ss amp, it certainly loves tubes, more lively.

Eikon is airier, better treble extension and clarity, details. Atticus has great mid bass and sounds warmer than Eikon.

A mistake to sell both but I have Verite now which I love more than my HD800 and LCD-3f. In fact I sold off the LCD-3f because I wasn’t using it after Verite came.

Mine is Verite Open LTD in Pheasant wood.

Nov 2, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #7,108 of 11,460
Eikon is airier, better treble extension and clarity, details. Atticus has great mid bass and sounds warmer than Eikon.

A mistake to sell both but I have Verite now which I love more than my HD800 and LCD-3f. In fact I sold off the LCD-3f because I wasn’t using it after Verite came.

Mine is Verite Open LTD in Pheasant wood.
There is an audio outlet here that does a loaner programme on ZMF hp's, it would be interesting to hear the differences for myself, sounds like the Eikon would be a good foil to the Atticus.

Nov 2, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #7,109 of 11,460
Good to know, @Scutey. Wondering if you or @hypnos1 who I think have both TS 7581A and GL KT66 can comment on their use together, I would think based on heater current the KT66 as powers driving 7581A's would be logical but the reverse would be of interest of course too.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

As for me, my adapters for the TS 7581A just arrived for the Elise and I hope to find time to get them started burning in as powers to various drivers this weekend. I can't try the TS 7581A as drivers since all of my other powers have traditional 2.5 A heater current such that the total would be 6.8, exceeding Elise's comfort zone. Hence my interest in whether KT66 powering TS 7581A drivers is a winning combo.. as that totals 4.4 A and should run cool as a cucumber! :ksc75smile:
Well I haven't got my KT66 yet, hopefully they should be arriving today, then I can have a good burn in/listening session.

Nov 2, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #7,110 of 11,460
Guilty as charged h1 :wink:

Ah, S...might have known lol! :wink:...However, all you snafflers have a (temporary!) reprieve as Hot Rox did in fact have just one single GL KT66 left in stock, and really - for now! - that's all I need/want, 'cos I'm not (ever!) taking my EL39 out of its slot lol! (unless to double up with something...perhaps!!) :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:. But thanks for that German site link @OctavianH ...not a bad price either! :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back