Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Oct 25, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #6,991 of 11,472
Don't you dare run off after a statement like that! You find the manufacturer I will buy one! Want something new, something with some style, performance and tubes that glow blue!!!

OK, OK cf...what with yourself and @teknorob23 , my supper drink is getting cold lol!! (I sure am tempted by the thought of playing Godfather to such a baby...but think I need a rest for a good while...???!!! :wink:

And tr...sorry to hear your own baby has got to go back to Poland...and that your wallet just might be in for a real fright sometime soon!! And am looking forward to your impressions of the Anniversary amp...but don't wish to know just how good the TT2 is, thank you!!...(well, perhaps a bit later lol! :ksc75smile:)....CHEERS GUYS!...

Oct 25, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #6,992 of 11,472
How about this?
2969189249_16d8e7d975_b.jpg

Oct 25, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #6,993 of 11,472
nice!

Oct 25, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #6,994 of 11,472
Well I now have 80 hours on my 7581A tubes and I have to say I'm becoming more impressed with these tubes with every day of burn in that passes. To my ears they seemed to turn a corner around the 45 hour mark, until then they were rather raw sounding, some distortion and graininess, that seems to have all gone to be replaced with grain/distortion free clarity, superb depth, 3D imaging, effortless highs and the tightest bass I've yet to hear and slam to die for, also I've tried them with several different tubes, but what has surprised me is just how good these sound with the venerable 6SN7 type, my Psvane CV 181 TII, National Union JAN CRC, RCA VT231 and the humble Foton 6H8C ribber anode all sound utterly superb, and they also sound wonderful on the Elise as well :beyersmile::thumbsup:.

ps next up I'll try them as drivers with the EL39, happy (audio) days!

Oct 25, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #6,996 of 11,472
Would love to hear what 7581A's sound like fully powered up in an amp made for them.

Oct 25, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #6,997 of 11,472
Hi LW. Yep, the required adapter has the anode wire running to the tube's cap...

ps. With those spez's of cf I ran the wire up the back of the tube, so not as noticeable as most 3rd party offerings lol :wink:
@Hypnos your attention to both form and function is admirable...my kind of guy.

Oct 25, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #6,998 of 11,472
Oct 25, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #6,999 of 11,472
Well I now have 80 hours on my 7581A tubes and I have to say I'm becoming more impressed with these tubes with every day of burn in that passes. To my ears they seemed to turn a corner around the 45 hour mark, until then they were rather raw sounding, some distortion and graininess, that seems to have all gone to be replaced with grain/distortion free clarity, superb depth, 3D imaging, effortless highs and the tightest bass I've yet to hear and slam to die for, also I've tried them with several different tubes, but what has surprised me is just how good these sound with the venerable 6SN7 type, my Psvane CV 181 TII, National Union JAN CRC, RCA VT231 and the humble Foton 6H8C ribber anode all sound utterly superb, and they also sound wonderful on the Elise as well :beyersmile::thumbsup:.

@Scutey that's so good to hear as I have a pair of 7581A's on order for my Elise, planning to use as powers for my Tung Sol 6SN7GTB. Which of the 6SN7's you've tried has the best synergy so far?

Oct 25, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #7,000 of 11,472
@Scutey that's so good to hear as I have a pair of 7581A's on order for my Elise, planning to use as powers for my Tung Sol 6SN7GTB. Which of the 6SN7's you've tried has the best synergy so far?
Well first of all the sound with the 7581A in Elise is a bit leaner, not as weighty as the Euforia, but also perhaps a little more nimble, anyway I found the synergy with all those I mentioned to be very good indeed, I would say my favourite were the Psvane and National Union, then Foton 6H8C and then RCA VT-231, I have to say the biggest surprise was the Foton. One thing I have to add, as h1 has said they do need quite a long burn in, and they may/will sound a little harsh/grainly/clinical in Elise but they do become sweeter past the 40 hour mark, hope you enjoy them! :beyersmile:.

Oct 25, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #7,001 of 11,472
Well first of all the sound with the 7581A in Elise is a bit leaner, not as weighty as the Euforia, but also perhaps a little more nimble, anyway I found the synergy with all those I mentioned to be very good indeed, I would say my favourite were the Psvane and National Union, then Foton 6H8C and then RCA VT-231, I have to say the biggest surprise was the Foton. One thing I have to add, as h1 has said they do need quite a long burn in, and they may/will sound a little harsh/grainly/clinical in Elise but they do become sweeter past the 40 hour mark, hope you enjoy them! :beyersmile:.
Thank you @Scutey. How is the 7581A's stage? I am currently using 5998 powers which are good in many areas but i find stage a little constricted.

Oct 26, 2019 at 2:17 AM Post #7,004 of 11,472

Interesting that you liked so much the 7581As as powers...H1 looks like preferring them as drivers for the EL39s. Anyway, if it works so well, what about a quad ? Any experiences ??

Oct 26, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #7,005 of 11,472
I am burning in a quad now, at the 46 hour mark, and they are improving now. A little grainy like others have said, but the sound stage is good. Cj recommends a pair as drivers and one for power and an El 39. I have not tried them with other tubes while burning, accept initially, when my second pair of adapters had not arrived. Used the Foton 6H8C as driver and found it quite good. Won't be rolling tubes with these until after 100+ hours to make sure they are burned in sufficiently to discover the best in the pairing. Listening to Celine Dion now and compared to twenty hours on the same track distortion is almost negligible. A welcome sound to be sure. Let's me know I am on the right track, just have to wait it out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back