Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Oct 11, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #4,816 of 11,460
It's not really a fair comparison but the 300B is more dynamic and has even more precision. It scores even better on technicalities and it has higher output power but it is more noisy than the Euforia.
Thanks for your quick response.

I found there are only a small number of amps had been reviewed on your website. I pretty sure you guys had tried/tested many other brands.

Oct 11, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #4,818 of 11,460
Oct 11, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #4,821 of 11,460
Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but I've been reading it for a while.
I'm from France, and I'm also the happy owner of an Euforia from Feliks Audio.

I've been practicing tube rolling as well, and I've recently acquired a set of 8 NOS CV1052 coated ST shaped to a french seller who wanted to get rid of all his stock of tubes.
So I have an extra spare set of 4 of these tubes, if one of you is interested (can't post any image for now due to new account restriction).

I'm far from the 100h burn-in some of you here recommend with those tubes, and although it is not the best combo to me yet (after many trials, WE421A, TS5998, RCA5692, KenradVT231, TelefunkenEL12-Spez... I really prefer the Sylvania 6SN7-GTB + Tung-Sol 6080WA combo on the Euforia, slightly superior to me to the WE421A+RCA5692 for a much more reasonable price), it actually sounds very promising regarding the wideness of the sound-stage (but basses are extremely lean and dynamics are still a bit shy).

Cheers,

Erwan.

Hi Erwan....welcome...and glad to hear you're another "happy owner" of an Euforia...an extremely good amp IMHO!!

You have some very good tubes there to spoil her with...and I'm sure a good few folks would be scratching their heads somewhat that you rate the fairly humble Sylvania combo over WE421A etc.! :wink:
However, that's a prime example of everyone's tastes being different, along with accompanying gear lol. And all that's important in this hobby is what pleases your ears and brain...and as I've stressed many times before, the most important thing is to trust your ears!!

Re. the coated ST CV1052s you have, your early findings are precisely what the rest of us have found...so please persevere a good while longer yet (100 hrs plus) - your patience will most surely be rewarded. Bass will develop, as will perceived dynamics and greater frequency range. But I must point out something here that is sometimes not fully appreciated - ie. there is a great difference between bass quantity and quality. If too much of the former is presented, it can often result in loss of detail and precision...along with masking many of the more subtle frequencies higher up the scale. It can sometimes take quite a long time to really notice and appreciate this...it took me a good long while!!

And again with dynamics, greater separation and better placement of instruments and voice can sometimes appear less dynamic at first, simply because of there being less 'compression', and a wider soundstage. This is most certainly the case with these particular tubes...more so than any others I have ever tried. And a somewhat uncanny result of this is the sudden appearance of notes that were never before heard in certain pieces of very familiar music - a trait noticed by others, as well as myself.

So please give these tubes much longer burn-in yet, and I hope you too may notice these aspects I have mentioned...plus others!

Re. the sale of your excess tubes, without (I hope!) casting any aspersions on your genuine sincerity/honesty, I suspect many folks might like to have the protection of ebay and PayPal, for example, in such purchases...especially as anyone new to head-fi is not allowed to post items in the 'for sale' classifieds until a member for 30 days, and with at least 15 posts under the belt.

But notwithstanding, I do hope you manage to find a buyer very soon...I myself have a good supply at the moment, but may well be in the market for some more if I can't afford the new flagship 2A3 amp. Hopefully, however, someone else will be able to enjoy the special qualities of these tubes, given their scarcity lol! :L3000:

Whatever, I wish you all the best Erwan...and GOOD LUCK! Not to mention continued enjoyment of your Euforia....Sante! (Please excuse the lack of acute accent! :) ).

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #4,822 of 11,460
Hey Guys,

I went to the Feliks Audio Facebook page. Look under "community".

4hifi posted some pics of the 2a3 amps monoblicked. Looks like they are only 8.5 wpc. A little low for my liking. They look like Euphorias with with a meter on the front.

Could be a different amp as I don't see any headphone outs.

Hi aqsw.

Thanks for mentioning F-A's Facebook page, and this particular post (also recommended to me by @connieflyer ).

The 2A3 F-A amps used are indeed different to the upcoming flagship amp, which should be both a headphone and speaker amp...complete with option for electrostatic cans output!

Given that pop Henryk has come up with a more modern design (both external and internal) using the famous 2A3 tube - and the high praise already given by the Facebook poster using Euforia as pre-amp - I believe his creation will be right at/near the top of the tree, and serious competition for some very famous (and expensive!) amps....so fingers crossed lol! :smile_phones:

Oct 11, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #4,823 of 11,460
If you're looking for a beautiful and excellent sounding, do-it-all amplifier, the Feliks Audio Euforia probably is the amp for you. The full review, now on Headfonia!

https://www.headfonia.com/review-feliks-audio-euforia/

I can't wait to see the new amp they're working on!

Hi Ultrainferno.

A great review of Euforia...and one with which I concur totally. And yes, experimentation with different tubes will most certainly bring one's preferred sound signature - Euforia being a wonderful 'blank canvas' with which to work (for all the reasons you mentioned). And although some frowned upon the price rise a while ago, I personally still think this amp is very good value indeed.

And I too am eagerly awaiting a prototype of their new flagship amp, which I shall be showing here first, before starting a dedicated 'Summit-fi' thread. From the info Lukasz has already given me, this looks to be something very special indeed, and will surely get some feathers flying in the hi-end world lol!...Can't wait!!...

Oct 11, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #4,824 of 11,460
Managed to get my hands on some 1052s & oh my god 2 days till they arrive! Can't wait.

Hi Taleru...and welcome!

I do hope you managed to find the "coke bottle" shaped CV1052, with internal coating. But having said that, the later straight-sided tubes are still very good indeed...especially for the money! Please remember to give them lots of burn-in time before really judging them...and I mean LOTS - at least 100 hrs!! :wink:...GOOD LUCK...CJ

Oct 11, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #4,825 of 11,460
I guess I may as well jump on the bandwagon, the Euforia is indeed turning out to be a great investment in audio enjoyment. Listening to my system, I sometimes wonder, how much better the new 2A3 amp can be. I know what has been said, but listening to my Euforia, it is hard to imagine a sound that would be that much better. Time will tell, once H has the new amp and begins his evaluation. As to the CV1052's I concur about the strange feeling I get every now and then, when out of nowhere, there will an instrument playing or sounds that I have not heard before. This on very familiar recordings. I have had to back track and re listen on occasion, as most unexpected to hear things like this. The burn in with the clear CV1052's is going well. Starting to open up a bit more, very encouraging. Well, H you have to get Lukasz, to get the new amp to you, as if this is as all that he claims and you concur, will have to consider this a must have. For those of you that have the CV's don't give up on them until burned in, they are very good.

Oct 11, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #4,826 of 11,460
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Antique-...h=item5d7f1b9017:g:dWUAAOSwC-JbQbND:rk:2:pf:0
Here is a misleading eBay ad - not surprising from Bangybang Tubes.
This is CV1054 tube advertised as a CV1052. Country of origin is given as US, but based on looking at the picture it is a British Mullard.
It is a dual diode tube.

Hi mordy.

I also noticed this VERY misleading entry...the thought of an old globe-shaped CV1052/EL32 certainly had me looking very closely indeed...and then very disappointed lol!! :triportsad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back