Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jun 17, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #3,091 of 11,472
Hey @pctazhp :D Thank you, we really had a great time together LOL All this time, I was thinking to delete all the pictures we took, just like high school girls would do. And I remember the camel reference that you made about me, it was funny, we cannot live without camels out here :p

Looks like I am doing the right study, Euforia is holographic! I have to tell you this, Elise feeding signal into my studio monitors is indulging, I love it.

A friend of mine is in Poland, chilling with his GF. I asked him to bring Yamaha HS5 for me, he might bring them in. I am moving up the Studio monitors ladder. I could have totally asked him to bring Euforia for me, but then again, I did not do my study well.

I have tubes to last both in Elise and Euforia :) Huge stock!

Hi @Lord Raven. Great to see you back and good to see you and UT have made nice with each other. I still remember when he informed us you look like a movie star :darthsmile:

His anticipated 6-volume treatise comparing Elise and Euforia will certainly the definitive work on the subject and well worth waiting for. I had not seen Lukasz' comment about Euforia until you reported it. I will say that the thing that struck me most shortly after I got Euforia was its sense of dimensionality or holographic quality. As for tubes, I have personally found that the tubes which I liked best with Elise are the same for Euforia. And like UT, I too am sticking with approved tube types in Euforia.

Please don't disappear again :k701smile:

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #3,092 of 11,472
Question: What is a renewed Elise?

A renewed Elise is basically a new Elise with all internals, including sockets replaced, saved for the transformer and chassis. Lukasz also told me it's upgraded to current 2017 Elise specs as you would see on their website.

So I've basically a new Euforia and a new Elise with me.

If you scroll back far enough, you would see my ecstatic posts about the the Yggy and HD800 that I bought one fine Sat morning at Addicted To Audio. No man, I don't see my system as light years ahead of yours. It's not a contest or a show but it is first and foremost for my personal enjoyment. It's what I like most at this point in my life. I just love listening to music on a headfi system.

When I bought Yggy, I was also very keen on Schiit's Ragnorak amp. It is both headphone balanced amp as well as a speaker amp. Many have used it to drive KEF LS50 and are enjoying it.

What studio monitors do you have?

Btw, Yggdrasil is simply sensational ...... and there's no hype here. :) I don't really care if I'm accused of hype here because quite simply Yggy changes my system and elevated it to a level I would never imagined possible. The micro details are intoxicating. So is the chest thumping bass and a soundstage that is nigh perfect. It even take Euforia's clarity and purism up another level. Finally HD800 just bring it all together to make it my end game system. I'm done with upgrade because I know that to better what I hear now, would involve silly money.

I'll do a comprehensive review of Elise vs Euforia in a few weeks time.... when I have listened to both very thoroughly and after Elise is fully burn in.

Jun 17, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #3,093 of 11,472
Also from zero Gec 6as7g, I've 3 incoming now plus a NOS NIB pair of Gec 6080. All of a sudden I've GECs coming out of my ears and my money out of my wallet, faster than the speed of light.

Have been listening to the Gec 6080 for about 2 weeks now. Got them for $160 per pair from the seller in New Zealand. It is indeed very good. Love it as much as the Bendix 6080wb but with a different flavour.

The NOS NIB Gec 6as7g that I've coming is the best example of a prime, new as can be pair of Gec 6as7g I've seen. The data specs is near perfect. I've also bought a used Gec 6as7g for $80. Now maybe I'll find another used one and hang the NOS pair on the wall. :)

Jun 17, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #3,094 of 11,472
Elise is about 16 hours in from 1st power on. Unless further burn in can transform her quite dramatically, I'd have to say that the difference with Euforia is quite noticeable. Euforia is several steps up in euphony. It is a more saturated, textured and holographic tone. There is more meat and fat to the bones. There's a fluidity to Euforia that makes it sound very natural and pleasing on the ears. Heck, it tames the HD800 and makes it sounds soothing on the ears.

If I didn't listen to Euforia, Elise sounds very, very good. However once you listen to both, Elise does sound leaner and not as juicy a steak as Euforia. Soundstage is perceptibly wider, higher and deeper on Euforia and bass is stronger too. On a good recording, that's where you hear the more startling difference. Euforia just has that much more micro details. You're able to pin point where instruments sound emanates from more precisely with Euforia than Elise. Not a whole lot more but enough to make the difference.

These are my initial ramblings. Not posting this on Elise thread. Lest I cast Dante's sorrow on them. :smile_phones:

Jun 17, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #3,095 of 11,472
Tnanks UT for your update. It saves me the trouble of putting Elise back in my system to make sure I did the right thing))) My system is running at a legendary level. Something kicked in the about a day ago and angels in heaven are singing :darthsmile:

I really love Sylvania 6SN7-WGT.brown base drivers. Just ordered a back-up pair for $40. When mated with GEC6AS7G, the passion is so intense I fully expect them to start giving birth to baby tubes :ksc75smile:

Jun 17, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #3,096 of 11,472
Yeah I agree with Lukasz assessment that Euforia is a few leagues above Elise but I like to emphasised that Elise is a very lovely sounding OTL amp. I have no intention of putting it away.

In fact, I'll alternate the 2 amps on a long listening sessions. 2 to 3 hours on each. :)

Jun 17, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #3,097 of 11,472
I really love Sylvania 6SN7-WGT.brown base drivers. Just ordered a back-up pair for $40. When mated with GEC6AS7G, the passion is so intense I fully expect them to start giving birth to baby tubes :ksc75smile:

I agree those would be a lovely combination but if you're going to make babies, why not get this driver, as suggested by @whirlwind . Paired with the Gec 6as7g, they will be wunderkid.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Matched-...rconi-UK-Valve-Tubes-/112435062433?rmvSB=true

Jun 17, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #3,098 of 11,472
Pctazhp, you go ahead and get those and then send them on to me to test, for 6 or 8 months. Where did you buy the Sylvania 6SN7-WGT for that price, nice find.

Jun 17, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #3,099 of 11,472
Jun 17, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #3,100 of 11,472
Jun 17, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #3,101 of 11,472
Jun 17, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #3,102 of 11,472
They should keep me out of trouble for a little while.

Jun 17, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #3,104 of 11,472
Read that all through again. I found that by unsubscribing and then subscribing I am getting some notifications now. Saw your list of tubes, you won't be outside for awhile, and the deck will go unpainted until PCT gets over there!

Jun 17, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #3,105 of 11,472
It's getting very crowded now. I'm losing it... now which headphone is connected to which amp and what am I listening to? This is not even factoring which tubes I'm using. Fun times.

20170618_121953.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back