Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jun 15, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #3,076 of 11,472
I have not heard those tubes, but the word is that the sonics might not be as special as the construction.

I have the 6H8C tubes from Russia with love. There's a lot of talk about it being coarse and grainy in tone but I didn't find it particularly so. In fact I find the bass strong and engaging. Might try it again tonight.

Jun 15, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #3,077 of 11,472
Hi Guys,

I am back, and good grief 208 pages to go through on Euforia!

I shoot an email to Feliks Audio, and I was surprised to see the price tag has almost doubled from what I paid for Elise.

I have a few questions before I make up my mind for this upgrade, now that some of you have already compared Elise with Euforia. What do you think is different from Elise? It will take another year for tube rolling to find best tubes for Euforia. I already have the best tubes that played well in Elise. PSVane is something new.

Lukasz says, they have developed a 3D sound, which I really love. And that they have removed all silver wirings which kind of had harshness in sound.

Lastly, I would like to apologize to any forum member if I offended during Elise era. Especially, UntilThen who had terminated all comms with me. I hope you guys will forgive me and accept me into the Euforia league if I get lucky to acquire one :)

Lastly, I have moved into the studio monitors thing. Elise is feeding into my entry level monitors, which are just for the desktop purpose. Headphones are still there on my desktop for critical listening.

Enjoy Euforia. Which I am sure, is one step above Utopia.

PS I am new to head-fi website layout, I am kind of hating it.

Best Regards
LR

Jun 15, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #3,078 of 11,472
Hey Raven !!!!! Where have you been ?????

Hey mate no apologies needed. If anything the apologies is from me. I got carried away and believe if I could undo anything, that would be what I would undo.

Anyhoo that's forgotten and let's move forward. Difference between Elise and Euforia is the name :)

Alright kidding. I just got my Renewed Elise back from Poland and in 3 weeks time I'll published my essay on what I think is the real difference between those 2 amps.

.... and stay this time. Don't go away again. :)

And did you see the mother of all dacs that I got?

And a hd800 and a zillion more tubes

And I have given up non recommended tubes....

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #3,079 of 11,472
Hi @Lord Raven. Great to see you back and good to see you and UT have made nice with each other. I still remember when he informed us you look like a movie star :darthsmile:

His anticipated 6-volume treatise comparing Elise and Euforia will certainly the definitive work on the subject and well worth waiting for. I had not seen Lukasz' comment about Euforia until you reported it. I will say that the thing that struck me most shortly after I got Euforia was its sense of dimensionality or holographic quality. As for tubes, I have personally found that the tubes which I liked best with Elise are the same for Euforia. And like UT, I too am sticking with approved tube types in Euforia.

Please don't disappear again :k701smile:

Jun 16, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #3,080 of 11,472
I'm actually Charles Dickens and I will rewrite 'A Tale of 2 Tube Amps', a tragic tale that begins with Dickens' famous opening sentence....

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way—in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

because the tale is so sombre, I'll have to inject some humour into it.

Jun 16, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #3,081 of 11,472
Well my General Electric Company 6080's did not get here today, so the wait continues. Can anyone tell me why these and the 6AS7's from this company are considered so much better than other manufacturers? What makes these tubes so expensive, other than the hype? Maybe @Oskari knows.

Jun 16, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #3,083 of 11,472
Thank you for that, hope they sound good enough to keep.

Jun 16, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #3,084 of 11,472
Well I know I said I was done with tube buying, but could not pass up a pair of 1948 Rca Jan grey glass nos and a pair of Sylvania Jan VT-231 nos from Langrex. That should do it now I have the Ken-Rad vt 231's so should be good to go.

Jun 16, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #3,085 of 11,472
Running stock tubes today and they do sound pretty good, the PSVanes do a creditable job, mid's are very clear and engaging, bass is good, not KR level but good. Sound stage is pretty fair. Resolution with HDTracks are a nice blend I can see why FA chose these. Listening to Linda Ronstadt's album What's New and these tubes put up a good sound.

Jun 16, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #3,086 of 11,472
Well my General Electric Company 6080's did not get here today, so the wait continues. Can anyone tell me why these and the 6AS7's from this company are considered so much better than other manufacturers? What makes these tubes so expensive, other than the hype? Maybe @Oskari knows.

GEC means Get Ecstasy Coming. It's a proven formula. Now you know why they are in demand.

Jun 16, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #3,087 of 11,472
Well I know I said I was done with tube buying, but could not pass up a pair of 1948 Rca Jan grey glass nos and a pair of Sylvania Jan VT-231 nos from Langrex. That should do it now I have the Ken-Rad vt 231's so should be good to go.

RCA 6sn7gt vt231 smoke glass and Ken Rad 6sn7gt vt231 are the perfect tubes to use with an analytical system. I've not love my RCAs till now, after getting Yggy and HD800.... even with modified HD650.

Jun 16, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #3,088 of 11,472

Please ignore the bad answers you are getting to this question. Wait until you get the 6080s and see how cool the GEC labels look. Then you will understand the tubes' value.

Jun 16, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #3,089 of 11,472
If I had only known that is was the art work, I would have saved all the old cereal boxes!

Jun 17, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #3,090 of 11,472
Hi Matt,

Glad to hear from you. I was on a vacation to Pakistan, there I got involved in the realm of Flash photography. When I came back I got a full studio lighting setup which keeps me occupied. Flash, reflectors, umbrellas, remote triggers. I am telling you, this stuff is intriguing.

Thank you, no need to apologize, you are twice my age and experience and I still respect you. I always felt bad ever since I left. I am so happy to be back with you guys. I almost quit head-fi, that's when I went out and bought desktop speakers.

Awesome, I cannot wait to read your reviews; like all your previous reviews helped me make up my mind. You have excellent audio memory. I was in Melbourne museum, there they had an experiment to test your auditory memory, I badly failed in it :) Maybe I am tone deaf, I don't even know what a tone deaf person is but they played different pitched tones.

Question: What is a renewed Elise?

I confess I went to your profile couple of times. I knew about your DAC and your headphones :) I think you left me light years behind in head-fi universe.

Yes, I am here to stay. Head-fi is one of those things I cannot live without, and you guys are like family to me.

LR
X

Hey Raven !!!!! Where have you been ?????

Hey mate no apologies needed. If anything the apologies is from me. I got carried away and believe if I could undo anything, that would be what I would undo.

Anyhoo that's forgotten and let's move forward. Difference between Elise and Euforia is the name :)

Alright kidding. I just got my Renewed Elise back from Poland and in 3 weeks time I'll published my essay on what I think is the real difference between those 2 amps.

.... and stay this time. Don't go away again. :)

And did you see the mother of all dacs that I got?

And a hd800 and a zillion more tubes

And I have given up non recommended tubes....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back