Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jun 12, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #3,046 of 11,472
"If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide"
- Mahatma Gandhi

“I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots"
- Albert Einstein

raw.gif

Jun 12, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #3,047 of 11,472
As much as I like to fantasize, I know I'll never go back to vinyl. I'm just too old and lazy. Even though I had a high-end table, arm and cartridge, I still remember how many truly bad vinyl records I would encounter, the effort to keep records and cartridge clean, turntable, arm and cartridge properly adjusted, records reasonably cataloged and organized, and all the the inherent technical issues involved with vinyl that can be a bottomless black hole for OCD types like me. But I have to admit it is a little discouraging to think that even one of the world's best DACs maybe can't approach entry level vinyl.

But I know one thing for sure. I have never enjoyed listening to recorded music more than I do now with my current HeadFi system :gs1000smile:

Jun 12, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #3,048 of 11,472
Hi pct,

I share your sentiments 100% - haven't played my records in years. And I have never had such great musical enjoyment as now with the Euforia and the T1.
A number of years ago I transferred all my CDs to my computer and I don't listen to CDs any more either....

Another thing I find very interesting is that YouTube sounds much better than before with my present equipment.

Jun 12, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #3,049 of 11,472
I concur !!

Jun 12, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #3,050 of 11,472
As much as I like to fantasize, I know I'll never go back to vinyl. I'm just too old and lazy. Even though I had a high-end table, arm and cartridge, I still remember how many truly bad vinyl records I would encounter, the effort to keep records and cartridge clean, turntable, arm and cartridge properly adjusted, records reasonably cataloged and organized, and all the the inherent technical issues involved with vinyl that can be a bottomless black hole for OCD types like me. But I have to admit it is a little discouraging to think that even one of the world's best DACs maybe can't approach entry level vinyl.

But I know one thing for sure. I have never enjoyed listening to recorded music more than I do now with my current HeadFi system :gs1000smile:

Digital is definitely more convenient.

I am always fascinated by those who complain about records being "bad" due to the cleanliness of the grooves. That has now been solved (for the patient) by using wood glue. Wood glue applied evenly to the record and allowed to dry completely...lifts off, with little effort, and brings all the dirt with it.

The result is a record that plays almost new and certainly looks "new". That "new" sheen and gloss is restored.

This process will not aid damaged records, but it will bring even "super dirty" records fully back to life.

I have so many vinyls that sound better than any released CD. Everything about them that you can enumerate..sounds better.

But also have some records, where the Digital definitely sounds better.

It is all a matter how how much time/care (and money) went into the mastering process.

Think we have been all through this before....a few times, even :)

Cheers...

Enjoy your enjoyable listening sessions...that is what it is _all_ about.

Jun 12, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #3,051 of 11,472
I have some 1980s RCA interconnect cables
upload_2017-6-12_16-14-48.png
upload_2017-6-12_16-15-23.png
with the brand name Nagaoka that came from a very high end system . The only thing I was able to find was that this was/is a manufacturer of phono cartridges.

These interconnects are unique in that they have what appears to be a ground wire. The individual wires are 1/4' thick and have gold plated (?) RCA plugs.
Can anybody tell me how to use the extra wire, and if these interconnects are considered good ones?

upload_2017-6-12_16-15-23.png

upload_2017-6-12_16-14-48.png

Jun 12, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #3,052 of 11,472
Fortunately or unfortunately, the few records that I have are very clean, new and are very well recorded. Even my entry level turntable, cartridge and stylus are new. So the sound is great.

That is not a reflection that Yggy is bad. It is the closet to the vinyl experience I've heard.... and would you believe it, it is still improving.

Convenience is something we've grown used to by now. We can't live without the washing machine, microwave or computer now. How many of you can live without the internet?

However, there are certain vintage stuff we still love and cherish. Like tube amps (or you won't be on this thread :) and the spinning vinyl.

Now to tell Siri to pick a song for me from Tidal....

Jun 12, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #3,053 of 11,472
I've a Monster RCA cable that has that third tail. It's a distraction to me. I try to tuck it away. Really serve no purpose for me.

Jun 12, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #3,054 of 11,472
A number of years ago I transferred all my CDs to my computer and I don't listen to CDs any more either....

If you get a multibit DAC, you'll discover that CD is actually great sounding... the way that Sony and Philips intended and that's why they gave you SPDIF - Sony/Philips Digital Interface Format.

There's no way that your rips sounds better than the original CDs... unless you add some spice to the rips in the process of ripping. A CD player is much quieter than a PC with even the most silent fan.

But of course, with a good recording CD and an equally good recording vinyl, I'd still say vinyl sounds better and Michael Fremer will agree with me. YMMV.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #3,055 of 11,472

That's because your current HeadFi system is new and performing perfectly. 10 years from now, when it starts to show the effects of age and wear and tear, then you will give it up just like you gave up on the old aging turntable and old dirty records. :)

Jun 12, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #3,056 of 11,472
In the year 2050, we will no longer live by the gear we have today. Robotic musicians will be cheap and working as well as humans by then. You can buy them to create any size symphonies you want and have live music at home and they will play you any song you want, classical, jazz, blues, rock, metal....

Then you will look back and wonder how you could live with the gear that you have today.

If the world survive till 2050, the way events are unfolding now.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #3,057 of 11,472
In the year 2050, we will no longer live by the gear we have today. Robotic musicians will be cheap and working as well as humans by then. You can buy them to create any size symphonies you want and have live music at home and they will play you any song you want, classical, jazz, blues, rock, metal....

Then you will look back and wonder how you could live with the gear that you have today.

If the world survive till 2050, the way events are unfolding now.
Hi UT,

Don't get rid of them headphones! Here is what an expert said about music reproduction in 2050:

La Grou thinks that music will be mixed to create full 3D immersion over headphones long before 2050. Microphone and headphone designers and audio software engineers will develop 360-degree sound systems. Speakers play a much smaller role in sound reproduction in La Grou's future gazing. He described headphone sound as "spherical audio," where the listener is inside a sound bubble; spatial resolution within the headphone bubble will match reality, not just for music. He thinks games and films will drive the tech. By 2050 massive gains in processing power and virtual production techniques will provide unparalleled creative opportunities.

Here is the link:

https://www.cnet.com/news/what-will-recorded-music-sound-like-in-2050/

Jun 12, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #3,058 of 11,472
With a good system, you will hear it without analysing. If you have to strain hard to get euphony, then it's not for you.

. . . Of course you want the artists there with you. That's just an expression of equating to a live performance. He is saying he doesn't want them 'there' but rather enjoy 'himself'. Are you kidding me? That's like saying I rather hear myself singing in the shower.

Believe me, audio enthusiasts do not obsess. Audiophiles obsess. Audio enthusiasts just love their hobby, just like an orchid lover loves his orchids, a car lover loves his cars, a workaholic loves his work... ok the last is debatable.

No, I really do not want them there with me. I have been to live performances and while they are nice I more often than not prefer to listen to their recordings, so no I am not kidding you. :ksc75smile:

I can not fathom how you would equate your singing in the shower to my words, but oooookaaaay. :beyersmile: And finally, yes. Audio (and music) enthusiasts do not obsess. frAudiophies do and then they repeat their subjective idiocy until it becomes rote to their disciples. You know, nerds. The kind of nerds that want to hang with the "cool nerds" at the nerd lunch table. Nothing wrong with wanting to "belong" but I would definitely choose another group than people that strain at a digital bit and swallow the snake oil.

I am some what of an Alpha Nerd. If such a thing exists. Since I exist, it must follow that Alpha Nerds exist. Or some thing like that. . .

And I do admire your words even if I disagree with some of your assessment of mine! Thank you for the smile!

Jun 12, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #3,060 of 11,472
No, I really do not want them there with me. I have been to live performances and while they are nice I more often than not prefer to listen to their recordings, so no I am not kidding you. :ksc75smile:

I can not fathom how you would equate your singing in the shower to my words, but oooookaaaay. :beyersmile: And finally, yes. Audio (and music) enthusiasts do not obsess. frAudiophies do and then they repeat their subjective idiocy until it becomes rote to their disciples. You know, nerds. The kind of nerds that want to hang with the "cool nerds" at the nerd lunch table. Nothing wrong with wanting to "belong" but I would definitely choose another group than people that strain at a digital bit and swallow the snake oil.

I am some what of an Alpha Nerd. If such a thing exists. Since I exist, it must follow that Alpha Nerds exist. Or some thing like that. . .

And I do admire your words even if I disagree with some of your assessment of mine! Thank you for the smile!

Hahaha thanks for replying. Usually when I go off on a rant like that which by the way hasn't happen before, assassins would be send my way.

You on the other hand see the humour in my words and thank you for admiring it.

Now that I see your avatar I'm wondering why you chose OldRoadToad for your sign on. You look more a gym instructor.

Anyhoo it's all good and I don't entirely disagree with all you say. There's always different ways to look at things.

Cheers
UT

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back