Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jun 12, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #3,031 of 11,448
Hah! See? I told you I had to sign off!...

Last question: any difference between TS JAN-5998 black plate green print and TS JAN-5998 black plate grey print?
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

I just bought the green ones, sorry @angpsi .... :peace:´
I´ve been waiting for a reputable seller to offer them at a reasonable price for a loooong time now....

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2017 at 1:18 AM Post #3,033 of 11,448
The green ones will light up Hamburg.

I'm glad you guys are investing in the better power tubes. Elise and Euforia deserves the better power tubes.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #3,034 of 11,448
In light of the discussion on upgrading we have been having, I want to quote the following from the Schiit Happened thread. I've been involved in audio as a consumer since the early 70s, and I have seldom read something that made me really stop and think as this:

Over the past 6 decades of my listening to music reproduced in the comfort of home, I have heard that what I should be seeking and striving for is the have it sound as though the artist was "there".

I do not want them "there". I want to enjoy my self and not obsess. When some thing becomes an obsession we lose the joy that once was. Critical listening is quite often ridiculous. This is what a great many audio "journalists"do for a living: listen critically. In the process these people become so OCD jaded that it is a wonder any one can stand to be around them. We all know who they are. Smug. Self centered and disgustingly so. The audio tailors for the Emperors New Ears. Many of them are audio typists. They can not write worth beans but can type up a storm of foo foo words to describe what they perceive with their ears of gold.

Jun 12, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #3,035 of 11,448
Good night all. Hope everyone had a great weekend. As we used to say often on the Elise thread, we are the Lucky Ones :)

Jun 12, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #3,036 of 11,448
With a good system, you will hear it without analysing. If you have to strain hard to get euphony, then it's not for you.

OldRoadToad is having a go at pro reviewers. It's his prerogatives but not all pro reviewers are bad. For that matter, not all layman's reviews are good or all layman's reviews are bad. If all pro reviewers are taken away tomorrow, then you have no reviews to read except mine..... which would be a tragedy.

By that same reasoning, a person who has the Aune T1 can also say, 'I don't need to obsess, I'll just enjoy this little DAC/AMP with my DT880 and care not what the obsessive compulsive disorder audiopoo thinks.' Good on him then.

Of course you want the artists there with you. That's just an expression of equating to a live performance. He is saying he doesn't want them 'there' but rather enjoy 'himself'. Are you kidding me? That's like saying I rather hear myself singing in the shower.

Believe me, audio enthusiasts do not obsess. Audiophiles obsess. Audio enthusiasts just love their hobby, just like an orchid lover loves his orchids, a car lover loves his cars, a workaholic loves his work... ok the last is debatable.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #3,038 of 11,448
With a good system, you will hear it without analysing. If you have to strain hard to get euphony, then it's not for you.

OldRoadToad is having a go at pro reviewers. It's his prerogatives but not all pro reviewers are bad. For that matter, not all layman's reviews are good or all layman's reviews are bad. If all pro reviewers are taken away tomorrow, then you have no reviews to read except mine..... which would be a tragedy.

By that same reasoning, a person who has the Aune T1 can also say, 'I don't need to obsess, I'll just enjoy this little DAC/AMP with my DT880 and care not what the obsessive compulsive disorder audiopoo thinks.' Good on him then.

Of course you want the artists there with you. That's just an expression of equating to a live performance. He is saying he doesn't want them 'there' but rather enjoy 'himself'. Are you kidding me? That's like saying I rather hear myself singing in the shower.

Believe me, audio enthusiasts do not obsess. Audiophiles obsess. Audio enthusiasts just love their hobby, just like an orchid lover loves his orchids, a car lover loves his cars, a workaholic loves his work... ok the last is debatable.

Glory I woke up from a nap and couldn't believe I produce this masterpiece. Take a chill pill UT, let OldRoadToad writes what he wants, after all he is an Old Toad. Do not let him shake off your undeniable goal of following BigFatPaulie in buying Chord Dave, DNA Stellaris and Focal Utopia. That would be one system to being there, here and everywhere.

To which I'm reminded of what my sage once told me.

67395401.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #3,039 of 11,448
Hence my memory is further jolted and remember that fateful day, when Master Oogway told me that I'm the Chosen One to rule the kingdom. I remember the advice clearly. Don't think about your yesterday's system or the future's system but just enjoy the present system.

Now I need to teach my subjects this precious truth.

So it's tough luck if you're currently stuck with iPod and earbud.

master-oogway-quote.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #3,040 of 11,448
Gosh I'm listening to the Eagles Greatest Hits on this LP. I have a few other Eagles audiophile copies on CDs, including Hell Freezes Over and I can access Eagles everything on Tidal HiFi but this is the best sounding on my Denon DP300F > Euforia > HD800. The sound is big, it's holographic, it's 3D, it's euphonic and it encourages you to turn up the volume - there is ZERO fatigue. That's the beauty of vinyl.

Strictly I am a very recent vinyl convert. I was never a fan before. I find the medium old, tedious and unless you love the Japanese art of tea making, it's hard to convince the skateboard youth of today's generation to love vinyl. However the sound will win you over, if you're like me able to compare these 3 mediums together.

best-selling-albums-eagles.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #3,041 of 11,448
While I'm talking up the virtues of Vinyl, Rafael Nadal wins historic 10th French Open title... at 31 years of age .... and he's a vinyl lover.

This is a revelation for me. With a Yggy burn in for 3 weeks, I still find the sound from a budget Denon DP300F with stock cartridge better. YMMV of course.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #3,042 of 11,448
I had a look at the bottom of my Euforia. It looks better than this. Maybe this is a pre-production model. Euforia's internals is quite different from Elise. It is more than an upgrade. Looks like a retuned, re-design amp to me. Let me take the conversation back to Euforia. This is now a stunning amp with the best components.

You are right Pct. It would be hard to hear a better OTL amp. The search is over. This is the present. It's a gift. :)

Make no mistake, I do not consider Euforia the best tube amp there is. I don't believe in fan boyism. However it is good, more than good enough for most people, including me.

9444399.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #3,043 of 11,448
This is the deal of the century. A fellow Aussie was selling one GEC 6as7g ($82 including shipping) and one Chatham 6080wb ($33 including shipping) solid graphite plates on ebay and I snap it.

s-l1600 (28).jpg

s-l1600 (30).jpg

s-l1600 (31).jpg

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #3,045 of 11,448
Alright all my non recommended tubes are going on a fire sale. Going to get rid of it. Let me know first before I flock it on the local forum or ebay. PM me... don't respond on this thread.

Valvo C3G/s x 2 plus adapters (nearly new with original Valvo boxes)

Buy the ECC31 and 6N7G and you get 2 free adapters
Mullard ECC31 x 2
Fivre 6N7G brown base x 2
Mazda 6N7G x 2
Fivre 6N7G horn x 2 (this is a bit microphonic but usable - buy all the above and you get this pair free)
Buy all the above and you get a pair of Marconi 6N7 for free.

Buy all the 6A6 and you get the 2 adapters free.
National Union 6A6 x 5 (buy 2 get 5 - the mother of all sale)
Visseaux 6A6 x 2
Fivre 6A6 x 2 (real vintage - tubes have the Fivre stamp on the glass)

EL12N x 2 plus adapters
Telefunken EL12 x 2 plus adapters (one tube is a bit microphonic, so you get it free. i.e you pay for one and get both) Any cheaper and I'll have to pay you to take it. :)

FDD20 x 4 ( buy 2 get 4 - how good is that?)
EL3N x 10 - (cheap and with original boxes) with 2 double EL3N to 6SN7 adapters - cheap !!!

6BL7gta in almost new condition with boxes x 4 plus 2 double 6BL7 to 6SN7 adapters - going cheap. I don't want this anymore.

there are more ... will list later....

Buy all the above and you get a free Aune T1. :beyersmile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back