Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
May 26, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #2,626 of 11,472
Your honor, the opposition states that.... but may I suggest a better alternative ..... oops I thought we were in Parliament :ksc75smile:

Ok so now I have to consider a dedicated power conditioner. Here in Australia, we have our own smart branded power. It's call Thor. Here is a picture and link to the specs.

https://www.audiotrends.com.au/Thor_PS10_Smart_Power_Station.html?action=viewProduct&itemId=1110

main_1110.jpg

As soon as the finance ministry approves it, I shall dispatch my office to make the purchase.

But as you know, running a government, means you have to prioritise. There are a bunch of stuff screaming, 'Buy me now'.

For example, this Auralic Aries was at the shop, sitting on top of Ragnorok and Yggy, looking very funky.... and it has a AES/EBU output, which is purrfect for Yggy. It's a music streamer, that works off WiFi or Ethernet, to tap into your NAS (Network Attached Storage) i.e your terabytes of music that you've accumulated from birth and also tap into Tidal's endless supply of music. So this is very appealing and is a consideration .... in the year 2020.

03DD-AULARIES-2.jpg

Finally this surface as a sale in the local classified but I'm undecided if I need it.. or if it's going to give me an improvement.

http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/123570-fs-m2tech-hiface-two-usb-to-spdif-interface/

41WYrNY3gjL.jpg

..... seriously I'm awaiting the arrival of your Hugo 2. The fan base is equally large, even here in Australia.

Ps.... I wouldn't even dream of buying another DAC after Yggy, let alone Hugo 2. I'm on sandwiches for the next 6 months. No more wagyu beef or sashimi.

Last edited:
May 26, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #2,627 of 11,472
@hypnos1 The Airlink 120V-in/120V-out Airlink standard balanced conditioner USCB1510 is 260 British Pounds ($333) Might be worth a try here in the colonies. Fortunately the TOTL Airlink isn't available in 120 Volt input.

Hi pct...yes, they do indeed make the standard unit, with conditioning, for the US (and elsewhere) - it has 2 sockets, as opposed to my 5, but a good multi after it should be fine...with GOOD cables, of course!!
It weighs 11kg, compared to my 24(!!!), but shipping is still about £130 to the USA unfortunately, I believe...and only "to the nearest port", from their info blurb. So this complicates things somewhat, I should imagine? However, if this last hurdle can be got over, I'm sure it is still much better value than anything else comparable nearer to home!

ps. I appreciate your use of the word "fortunately" in this context lol!!...(but by all accounts, the Advanced Filtering does indeed scale the heights - luckily(?!) for me!!...).

pps. Hmmm, mon ami....perhaps a better prospect for the Ukraine? :)

May 26, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #2,628 of 11,472
OPPPS. So, so sorry. I thought this was an audio thread. I didn't realize I had just stumbled into a closed meeting of the G7 with trillions and trillions of dollars to spend on any wild boondoggle.

May 26, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #2,632 of 11,472
Well, all I can say is I've been listening to my GEC6080s for the past few days and think they are pretty wonderful. First they look really cool. They feel more substantial that the GEC 6AS7Gs, and I think sound better. The 6AS7s are just a little too relaxed. The 6080s have more punch, yet also tremendous finesse. The G7 approves..

Edit: For whatever it's worth, I'd take the GECs over the Bendix any day of the year (leap year included).

Last edited:
May 26, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #2,633 of 11,472
Your honor, the opposition states that.... but may I suggest a better alternative ..... oops I thought we were in Parliament :ksc75smile:

Ok so now I have to consider a dedicated power conditioner. Here in Australia, we have our own smart branded power. It's call Thor. Here is a picture and link to the specs.

https://www.audiotrends.com.au/Thor_PS10_Smart_Power_Station.html?action=viewProduct&itemId=1110

As soon as the finance ministry approves it, I shall dispatch my office to make the purchase.

But as you know, running a government, means you have to prioritise. There are a bunch of stuff screaming, 'Buy me now'.

For example, this Auralic Aries was at the shop, sitting on top of Ragnorok and Yggy, looking very funky.... and it has a AES/EBU output, which is purrfect for Yggy. It's a music streamer, that works off WiFi or Ethernet, to tap into your NAS (Network Attached Storage) i.e your terabytes of music that you've accumulated from birth and also tap into Tidal's endless supply of music. So this is very appealing and is a consideration .... in the year 2020.

Finally this surface as a sale in the local classified but I'm undecided if I need it.. or if it's going to give me an improvement.

http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/123570-fs-m2tech-hiface-two-usb-to-spdif-interface/

..... seriously I'm awaiting the arrival of your Hugo 2. The fan base is equally large, even here in Australia.

Ps.... I wouldn't even dream of buying another DAC after Yggy, let alone Hugo 2. I'm on sandwiches for the next 6 months. No more wagyu beef or sashimi.

Ah UT...decisions, decisions...some nice-looking kit there lol! (Reckon you'll be on crumbs for a year lol!!!). And Christmas is a way off yet - you have my sympathies!

ps. Difficult one re. the M2Tech...it does indeed do a very good job on the USB signal...careful consideration/comparisons needed here...:)

Ah well, time for zzzzzzzzzzz....(perchance to dream....of....you know what!!!).CHEERS for now....

May 26, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #2,635 of 11,472
Done and dusted. Make an offer of $160 for a pair of GEC 6080 and was accepted. That's almost the price you paid, Pct.

Now I'll find out for myself if it is really better than Bendix 6080wb as you claimed. However difference of friendly opinions are accepted here. :jecklinsmile:

Trust me, this will be my last tube purchase.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back