1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by hypnos1, Jan 9, 2017.
First

Back
164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173
175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184
Next

Last
  1. connieflyer
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they were the ones that also made the emperor's new clothes so I would imagine they would be very transparent company

2. pctazhp
    I love using words like "transparent" because I think it makes me seem so intelligent. However, in this case I regret my choice of that word. The angle you place on transparency applied to the clothes people wear, coming from you, has ruined my entire morning.

3. Spork67
    BIG call UT.
    Even better than BH and 007 + Yggy (I believe you heard this combo).
    I'm happy to hear you have found your audio nirvanah.
    Are the poor T1's getting much time now, or do you prefer the HD-800 in every way?

4. mordy
    Hi UT,

I have been very skeptical about about the improvements of "audiophile grade" cables and power cords, but I do feel that the inexpensive A/C cord that CF recommended (around $10) added clarity and definition to the sound. But then my house does not have copper wiring, but aluminum wiring....

Based on what I read, it is also possible that some power cords are better insulated and can reduce hum, but luckily you do not have that problem.

I am also under the impression that some patch cord cables could act as tone controls, thus changing the sound.

5. pctazhp
  6. mordy
  7. pctazhp
  8. pctazhp
    Sylvania 6SN7Ws arrived today. New euphoria with Euforia :o2smile:

SYLVANIA W.jpg

UntilThen likes this.
  9. UntilThen
    BH and 007 / 009 + Yggy that I heard is one of intricacy, finesse or elaborately detailed. The few Jazz songs that I heard on it showed me that this system is like very fine wine, to be sipped slowly and not gulp down as you do with beer in a bottoms up motion. :) Interestingly at that time, I didn't even think too much about Yggy (or I didn't know too much about it yet :dt880smile:). My eyes were on Blue Hawaii and the Stax headphones.

For the genres of music that I listen to (which includes classic rock, blues, classical, jazz, electronic) I do prefer the Yggy + Euforia + HD800.

As for T1 vs HD800, not going to evaluate that yet. Still getting in the hours on HD800. From my experience with my new HD650, I know that burn-in of a headphone (or speakers for that matter) is necessary. For what I am hearing on HD800, I'm liking the mids for vocals. It's more engaging than T1 but there are other aspects of T1 that I prefer. It will be a close call. I believe that if you are using an OTL amp, HD800 and T1 will sound very good on it. Even the humble HD650 with a silver cable. :)

Why do you think I have all those 3 headphones? It's all carefully planned. :)

10. UntilThen
    For me, it's the Yggy that's transparent and very quiet. My setup is so quiet now with no music playing. If wasn't this quiet when NAD d1050 was in it. In the midst of this quietness, there's superb definition, focus and clarity. I think my Yggy is slowly waking up from it's slumber. It's 5 days 6 hours now.

One other aspect of Yggy is the smoothness and the bass. I didn't know a dac can make a difference to the bass but it is hitting harder now with controlled precision. It's quality bass with impact. Kick drums will kick you. Tom Toms will tom you. Listen to Hotel California long guitar intro and hear Don Henley play the bongos. I love how the bongos sound.

11. UntilThen
    Brilliant. I bet that system sounds amazing. Just the tube combo that I think will be perfect for your HD800S.

12. UntilThen
    This is my desktop layout now. Monitor to the right. Cough, cough, just pretend you didn't see the Bose speakers. :ksc75smile: It's not even used now except to hear JFK speech on surround sound. 'Ask not what head-fi can do for you but what you can do for head-fi'.

20170525_221704.jpg

Last edited: May 25, 2017
    Oscar-HiFi likes this.
  13. whirlwind

Very nice tubes...in all sockets :)

14. pctazhp
    You got that right :o2smile:

15. pctazhp
    Wow!! Yiggy is a true BEHEMOTH !!!

First

Back
164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173