Feliks Audio ENVY
May 2, 2024 at 11:27 AM Post #6,766 of 7,033
I note that Western Electric offer a 5 year warranty on their 300B tube pairs, that puts my mind at rest a great deal more than the Elrogs 1 year offering and in itself would sway me towards WE. Probably there is more to it than meets the eye though, and I have written to them to clarify a couple of questions I have.
The 5-year warranty on the WE300B’s is invalidated if you leave your amp in standby-mode. That’s what’s written on the small paper document that comes with the Envy.
Edit: not with the Envy, it’s in the boxes that contain the WE300B tubes.

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #6,767 of 7,033
The 5-year warranty on the WE300B’s is invalidated if you leave your amp in standby-mode. That’s what’s written on the small paper document that comes with the Envy.
Curious how they intend to find out if my Amp was in standby :)

May 2, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #6,769 of 7,033
First thought was:

Got Sylvania 6sn7w short bottle today. Best driver I had so far. Absolutely beautiful timbre, giant stage and a LOT more detail compared to my previous grey glass RCA and fivres.

Waiting for Brimars atm and no idea how they can beat Sylvanias :D

May 2, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #6,770 of 7,033
Estimated delivery, tomorrow!
Hype intensifies

May 2, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #6,771 of 7,033
May 2, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #6,772 of 7,033
Estimated delivery, tomorrow!
Hype intensifies
Hype.

Do you still have the tubes you used in OG Envy or is this a fresh break in regarding tubes?

May 2, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #6,773 of 7,033
Hype.

Do you still have the tubes you used in OG Envy or is this a fresh break in regarding tubes?
Fresh break in.
Leto Dal has both the stock tubes from my old Envy as well as the Elrogs I used.

At least the latter switched the User again after that.

That means my Envy will have new tubes in all slots. I also have the Apos Ray 6SN7 Reserve, but they have only 1h on them as well, as my old Envy sold the day they arrived.

Will be an interesting listen, after ~2 Months without tube amp.

May 2, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #6,774 of 7,033
Sorry to ask what I assume has been asked before, but I went through 75 pages of this thread and could not find it. Too much talk of tubes and not enough talk of the amp here lol. I am looking for impressions on how Envy compares to Wa33, as these are my top 2 considerations. Also it seems from what I read that most here are loving the Envy with elrogs. I’m wondering if anyone has compared the standard edition envy with elrogs to the 25th anniversary edition? I heard the 25th at canjam and did not like it at all, way too bright for my tastes. If that is how the standard edition with elrogs sounds as well I am definitely not interested. I am currently thinking I would probably prefer WE300b but I am unsure. Any info on these things would be appreciated!

May 2, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #6,776 of 7,033
May 2, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #6,777 of 7,033
The 1st hour was promising, but I really can't tell more than that yet
Keep us updated, they are the most expensive new production 6SN7. They should be two steps up from the PSVanes (which i read they're not).
Well, you will be occupied with the Envy AE! Be sure to post some pictures and first impressions!

May 2, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #6,778 of 7,033
Keep us updated, they are the most expensive new production 6SN7. They should be two steps up from the PSVanes (which i read they're not).
Well, you will be occupied with the Envy AE! Be sure to post some pictures and first impressions!
I don't think that they'll be two steps up. Potentially they are even the same tube but a "best measuring sample" - or so rumors claim

I'll let you know after I formed an opinion

May 2, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #6,779 of 7,033
Fresh break in.
Leto Dal has both the stock tubes from my old Envy as well as the Elrogs I used.

At least the latter switched the User again after that.

That means my Envy will have new tubes in all slots. I also have the Apos Ray 6SN7 Reserve, but they have only 1h on them as well, as my old Envy sold the day they arrived.

Will be an interesting listen, after ~2 Months without tube amp.
For sure, amp and tube break in! Happy for you, hopefully big smiles ahead and good things come to those who wait!

May 2, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #6,780 of 7,033
that is utterly absurd....the envy is meant to be kept in standby

Users who are viewing this thread

Back