Feliks Audio ENVY
Apr 9, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #6,361 of 7,322
Asking in both May and Envy threads...would stacking an Envy on top of a Holo May cause too much heat in the May? I've heard the May runs hot but I have a space issue on my desk! The May manual doesn't mention any advice on this.
How are your DIY skills? You could design and build a mini desktop frame of some kind to raise the Envy far enough above the May so that everything would operate ok.
Or suspend the Envy from above using skyhooks 😜.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #6,362 of 7,322
How are your DIY skills? You could design and build a mini desktop frame of some kind to raise the Envy far enough above the May so that everything would operate ok.
Or suspend the Envy from above using skyhooks 😜.
So I do actually have it on top of a little raised computer monitor stand whose legs are inside some rubber feet.

I thought weight wouldn't be an issue as Holo users often stack the DAC at the bottom with power supply and Bliss on top – which comes to the same weight as Envy's 15kg.

Ran out of skyhooks :)

Apr 9, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #6,363 of 7,322
So I do actually have it on top of a little raised computer monitor stand whose legs are inside some rubber feet.

I thought weight wouldn't be an issue as Holo users often stack the DAC at the bottom with power supply and Bliss on top – which comes to the same weight as Envy's 15kg.

Ran out of skyhooks :)
We can’t see exactly what it looks like so either you trust in yourself or you go for a photographer of the year award and share what it looks like with us. Maybe install a silent fan to move the air between the May and bottom of the Envy? I’m just thinking out loud, somebody will come up with a good idea.

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #6,364 of 7,322
Asking in both May and Envy threads...would stacking an Envy on top of a Holo May cause too much heat in the May? I've heard the May runs hot but I have a space issue on my desk! The May manual doesn't mention any advice on this.

In my opinion, it is never good to stack one piece of equipment on top of another, even if they don't get very hot. Such solutions are not good for the sound of music. As an exception, you can, but for a short time, or permanently if you do not pay attention to nuances.

Apr 9, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #6,365 of 7,322
tubes get very hot and need ample space

Apr 9, 2024 at 8:12 PM Post #6,366 of 7,322
Agreed, the Envy doesnt get as hot as my OTL amp or the WA33, but I still wouldn't stack it.

It still gets pretty damn warm and generates a TON of heat. I'd tend to think the wood tends to act as an insulator so its less obviously than an amp where it has a unibody metal chassis (like mentioned above).

Perhaps you could put it on a shelf above the May or something, but I wouldn't put it directly on top of it. The May itself also gets pretty toasty

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 8:03 AM Post #6,367 of 7,322
Hello,

Lukasz Feliks was kind enough to provide me with a pre-production copy of the new Feliks Envy 25th Anniversary Edition for an exclusive presentation on Musicalhead, which nevertheless corresponds technically and sonically to the final version.

And already in the first listening test, the new tube amplifier on the Abyss AB1266 Phi TC impresses with outstanding micro- and macrodynamic capabilities, lightning-fast transients, an incredibly vivid and transparent realisation of any musical fare, as well as a wonderfully subtle play with superlative breakdown of even highly complex passages.

A brief cross-comparison with my own Envy then confirms the first sonic impression - the new reference amplifier from the Polish tube manufacturer is undoubtedly in a different league to the standard version and consequently marks a huge acoustic exclamation mark in the lofty Olympus of the world's best headphone amplifiers.

Whether the new anniversary model from Lubliniec can actually surpass sonic masterpieces such as the Riviera AIC10 or even a Trafomatic Primavera remains to be seen in a detailed review on Musicalhead. But the chances are not bad - that much is already certain from my point of view...

Greetings

Fidelio
When will you be able to compare this amp to the A1C10???

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:01 PM Post #6,369 of 7,322
Apr 10, 2024 at 12:04 PM Post #6,370 of 7,322
Hello,

Lukasz Feliks was kind enough to provide me with a pre-production copy of the new Feliks Envy 25th Anniversary Edition for an exclusive presentation on Musicalhead, which nevertheless corresponds technically and sonically to the final version.

And already in the first listening test, the new tube amplifier on the Abyss AB1266 Phi TC impresses with outstanding micro- and macrodynamic capabilities, lightning-fast transients, an incredibly vivid and transparent realisation of any musical fare, as well as a wonderfully subtle play with superlative breakdown of even highly complex passages.

A brief cross-comparison with my own Envy then confirms the first sonic impression - the new reference amplifier from the Polish tube manufacturer is undoubtedly in a different league to the standard version and consequently marks a huge acoustic exclamation mark in the lofty Olympus of the world's best headphone amplifiers.

Whether the new anniversary model from Lubliniec can actually surpass sonic masterpieces such as the Riviera AIC10 or even a Trafomatic Primavera remains to be seen in a detailed review on Musicalhead. But the chances are not bad - that much is already certain from my point of view...

Greetings

Fidelio
Very curious to read detailed A/B with Envy PE and same set of tubes, like what changes to expect exactly. Talked with few people who heard it during recent fairs, and consensus is rather mixed if there is any improvement over OG Envy when you use the same set of tubes.

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:13 PM Post #6,371 of 7,322
Very curious to read detailed A/B with Envy PE and same set of tubes, like what changes to expect exactly. Talked with few people who heard it during recent fairs, and consensus is rather mixed if there is any improvement over OG Envy when you use the same set of tubes.
I think the only predictable thing here will be a complete lack of consensus. Complicated surely by the fact they changed which Elrogs to put on it because of the different sound colourings they caused.

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #6,372 of 7,322
I think the only predictable thing here will be a complete lack of consensus. Complicated surely by the fact they changed which Elrogs to put on it because of the different sound colourings they caused.
Yeah, as usually, its just difficult to operate with absolutes like "a different league", while we all crave for some concrete details about the improvement of AE ;D

A friend got one of the last AE, guess we will find out soon enough in an A/B, wish I still had a set of Elrogs now lol

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #6,373 of 7,322
Yeah, as usually, its just difficult to operate with absolutes like "a different league", while we all crave for some concrete details about the improvement of AE ;D

A friend got one of the last AE, guess we will find out soon enough in an A/B, wish I still had a set of Elrogs now lol
Thing is, it's going to be a superb amp. I think we can get lost in the weeds round here. As ever at this level, it's whether the performance merits the price bump. Maybe it will be. I don't know. I have my doubts, but would be delighted for those who bought one to be wrong.

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #6,374 of 7,322
I think it will be a great amp regardless of whether or not it totally outperforms the OG version with the same tubes or marginally outperforms it. It's a testament to how good the Envy is as an amp. Whether it's worth the incremental difference is up to each individual. We all want to squeeze that last 1-5% out of our sound and this may be the answer.

Apr 10, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #6,375 of 7,322
You mean you didn’t watch GoldenSound’s completely unbiased non-promotional video?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back