Feliks Audio ENVY
May 12, 2024 at 4:47 PM Post #6,916 of 7,084
They look quite comfy those Immanis but also very bulky.

Can you guys confirm they are comfortable (or not)? Of course you won't be able to determine how comfortable they might be for long sessions.

The Susvara has been king for such a long time. Will be nice to see another option but that price! Holy ..
Surprisingly comfortable for me.
Even if it is quite heavy and bulky, the suspension system does it's job well. No hotspot anywhere.
The earpads are soft and deep. Huge space for ears. It gave a good feeling to put them on.

May 12, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #6,917 of 7,084
So many impressions from just one day in Munich.

Loved Immanis, it was everything i hoped it to be, lots of slam depth and 3dimensionality to it, Envy was its best pairing at the show.

hough I don’t think its a Susvara killer many hope for. Both headphones will compliment each other very very well though. Had my Sus with me and could compare it A/B for around a hour.

IMG_8466.jpeg

Envy AE looks absolutely marvellous in person, probably one of the prettiest amps of the show. Sonically I prefered Immanis on the stock edition PE with full music tubes... I talked with a few people on the fair who shared the opinion, both setups been a table away from each other, it was fairly easy to compare. Elrogs are still way too dry and technical, especially with Immanis that really comes to live with some tubyness. Looking forward to Envy AE impressions with WE300b.

IMG_8458.jpeg

Another absolute highligh was the Aperio, absolutely incredible system that outshined basically any other headphone on the fair that day for me. One day I want to preamp the thing with tubes or use a tube dac like lampi baltic with it. Aperio does everything Immanis and Susvara do but quite a bit better and more effortless. Its pure magic.

Bravura not so much - still a lot of clipping on the latest revision and after Immanis and Sus on powerful chains it felt rather lacking.

IMG_8506.jpeg

IMG_8505.jpeg

Ah snd yeah Viva Egoista was insanely good, first amp I thought that is an undeniable upgrade to Envy at least with Susvara. Just wish it wasn’t so damn hot, it felt like a nuclear plant, almost burned myself touching volume knob, no idea how to run it in summer haha

Incredible amp though.

IMG_8531.jpeg

Probably need to make some tome for a proper write up, way too many impressions and so much grest gear to discover. Like Shangri La Mini which will be a big hit this year I believe, considering its price and sonic qualities on pair with Bravura (without the clipping).

This one day I was there felt way too short, will try to make it earlier next time.

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 5:16 PM Post #6,918 of 7,084
They look quite comfy those Immanis but also very bulky.

Can you guys confirm they are comfortable (or not)? Of course you won't be able to determine how comfortable they might be for long sessions.
I have a pair and have found them quite comfortable. My max thus far is about 6 hours of straight listening, but I bet I could wear them longer without a problem.

May 12, 2024 at 5:16 PM Post #6,919 of 7,084
Would've been cool if they'd had a PE with the same tubes as AE for direct comparison just to see how different, or where the difference lies. But I guess 25th is more of a statement piece as I think they said themselves it's to eek out that last 2%...

I'll have Sus to demo soon but Immanis is firmly at the top of my wish list, just waiting for a UK dealer then it'll be a done deal. Fun times ahead!

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 6:28 PM Post #6,920 of 7,084
“Another absolute highligh was the Aperio, absolutely incredible system that outshined basically any other headphone on the fair that day for me. One day I want to preamp the thing with tubes or use a tube dac like lampi baltic with it. Aperio does everything Immanis and Susvara do but quite a bit better and more effortless. Its pure magic.”

So Envy AE plus Immanis/Susvara versus
Aperio for $25K plus?

I have never been a big fan of estats since the driver amplifier cannot be used for other non-estat HPs. I also haven’t heard an estat that had the same degree of warmth and sub base as planar magnetics. I guess need another show to compare these.

May 12, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #6,921 of 7,084
“Another absolute highligh was the Aperio, absolutely incredible system that outshined basically any other headphone on the fair that day for me. One day I want to preamp the thing with tubes or use a tube dac like lampi baltic with it. Aperio does everything Immanis and Susvara do but quite a bit better and more effortless. Its pure magic.”

So Envy AE plus Immanis/Susvara versus
Aperio for $25K plus?

I have never been a big fan of estats since the driver amplifier cannot be used for other non-estat HPs. I also haven’t heard an estat that had the same degree of warmth and sub base as planar magnetics. I guess need another show to compare these.
The Arperio is actually 32k + VAT now.
38k for the Black Version and 42 for the Golden one

May 12, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #6,922 of 7,084
Well its not that bad, you regularly see them at around 20k mark used.

Last one went for 17k usd on classfields

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 7:22 PM Post #6,924 of 7,084
Just wish it wasn’t so damn hot, it felt like a nuclear plant, almost burned myself touching volume knob, no idea how to run it in summer haha
I tried to listen to it last year at SoCal CanJam and thought, what a bad design, after briefly touching the volume knob. Seems kind of important to get a basic function right when my first $50 Bravo tube amp didn’t have that issue. It wasn’t even the end of the day so could only have been on a few hours at that point. Envy standard edition was enough to cure my upgraditis as far as amps go so probably just as well!

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 1:16 AM Post #6,926 of 7,084
If the Arperio is so stellar and leagues above the other combos like Envy plus Susvara then why are they turning up on the used market for sale??
Possibly financial reasons? Big chunk of pocket change tied up.

Either way, Envy is one hell of an amp for the money IMO, I've not heard those way higher up the chain but from the sounds of it there's not too much being missed. I've cancelled my order for Armageddon even with Immanis on the horizon, just can't see past Envy now, absolutely love it! Bit of tube rolling ahead then start exploring cans.

May 13, 2024 at 2:13 AM Post #6,927 of 7,084
If the Arperio is so stellar and leagues above the other combos like Envy plus Susvara then why are they turning up on the used market for sale??
Well this is very subjective to begin with.
Personally I rather take Envy + Immanis + competitive DAC for the money.

Arperio is leagues above Bravura though imo.

One issue both Bravura and Arperio share is that the volume control is not fine enough.
One setting isn't loud enough and the next step is already too loud.
Luckily they are planning to fix this with a Firmware Update

May 13, 2024 at 2:43 AM Post #6,928 of 7,084
Possibly financial reasons? Big chunk of pocket change tied up.

Either way, Envy is one hell of an amp for the money IMO, I've not heard those way higher up the chain but from the sounds of it there's not too much being missed. I've cancelled my order for Armageddon even with Immanis on the horizon, just can't see past Envy now, absolutely love it! Bit of tube rolling ahead then start exploring cans.
Doug, one thing to consider now you’ve cancelled Armageddon, is at some point to get a clean impactful SS amp of lower price and then use the pre-amp function of the Envy to add a little ‘flavour’. I tried this when I borrowed the Envy for a couple of weeks as a pre-amp into my Raal HSA-1b and I thought it added some body to the rather lean sounds of the SR-1b and CA-1a. I described it as like having 3 amps for the price of 2. I think the Envy is good enough to be a ‘one and only’ amplifier, especially with the various tube rolling options that there are, but I do think it’s worth considering the addition of an SS amp to get the best that both can offer.

May 13, 2024 at 3:11 AM Post #6,929 of 7,084
Doug, one thing to consider now you’ve cancelled Armageddon, is at some point to get a clean impactful SS amp of lower price and then use the pre-amp function of the Envy to add a little ‘flavour’. I tried this when I borrowed the Envy for a couple of weeks as a pre-amp into my Raal HSA-1b and I thought it added some body to the rather lean sounds of the SR-1b and CA-1a. I described it as like having 3 amps for the price of 2. I think the Envy is good enough to be a ‘one and only’ amplifier, especially with the various tube rolling options that there are, but I do think it’s worth considering the addition of an SS amp to get the best that both can offer.
Yeah, that was the plan but pretty sure Armageddon will be too warm added to Envy (from impressions that have been passed on) and it's 7k+ of amp that's not really needed now tbh. I'd planned to get Envy to use as a pre for 394 but it's far surpassed expectations and i ended up very surprised to find it's very much to my liking on it's own, regardless of which tubes are in it.

Not totally written off the idea yet but I'm going to wait and see what TM's bring to the mix as it'll be quite a different presentation from Tak's i think.

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 4:14 AM Post #6,930 of 7,084
I don’t recall there being a general consensus that Aperio is “leagues above” other TOTL offerings, and if it was a comment made under show conditions then the usual caveats apply. Aperio is a complete system and though it might well be excellent it is still limited within its own capability and/or may not give the required emotional satisfaction. Several contributors have described Immanis as being close or equal to Aperio for technical considerations but then you have total flexibility in what amps/DACs you wish to pair with it. I choose Immanis and separate Amps/DACs every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back