Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype)
Sep 22, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #3,106 of 3,428
Feliks is a very small, family-owned company. Too many orders will sink them. I can go into all the reasons for it, if anyone cares. I'd strongly suggest putting on Elise's price on par with its Asian rivals or higher. It's either that or expand production. The latter is far more difficult to execute effectively.

Lets hope they are smart enough turn the small success into a larger one, like these folks did:

http://www.businessinsurance.org/10-mom-and-pop-businesses-that-turned-into-empires/?doing_wp_cron=1442962675.5646879673004150390625

Cheers!

Sep 22, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #3,107 of 3,428
Sep 22, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #3,108 of 3,428
I'm not sure Feliks wants to get bigger. Regardless. the idea in the short term almost makes one grasp for air.

Interesting.

Lukasz told me they had (as a family) been making amps in small production mode, for a lot of years. And that the desire now, was to expand their reach beyond Poland, and the Eastern EU.

I wish them much luck.   :)

Sep 22, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #3,109 of 3,428
Interesting.

Lukasz told me they had (as a family) been making amps in small production mode, for a lot of years. And that the desire now, was to expand their reach beyond Poland, and the Eastern EU.

Lukasz told me explicitly that he didn't want the company to get bigger. That's beside the point. We're talking short term here. The link you posted is as applicable to the topic as Ford's original assembly line. Now, can we please get back to discussing amps and tubes?

Sep 22, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #3,110 of 3,428
Renderman your tubes arrived finally :)  Your packaging is better looking than the tubes. :) One of the best packaging I've seen.

Of course I can't test the C3gs without Elise except to look at it. Tried the Fotons but they hum badly on my DV. Thanks very much anyway for including them as freebies. I'll test it on Elise later.

Regarding my 5998 refund, eBay has now step in after 5 days of non response from the deregistered seller. I was asked to wait another 5 days for seller to send a refund label after which if nothing happens eBay will refund my monies in full including shipping cost.

So shop at eBay with confidence for your tubes. You have a money back guarantee on defective goods. And of course if you buy from Renderman, he will pack it better than any eBay sellers. :)

Sep 22, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #3,111 of 3,428
Lukasz told me explicitly that he didn't want the company to get bigger. That's beside the point. We're talking short term here. The link you posted is as applicable to the topic as Ford's original assembly line. Now, can we please get back to discussing amps and tubes?

In an email from Lukasz'sl:

"Now the ambition is to go broader and hopefully with products like Elise it will be successful."

Best regards
Lukasz & the Team

Sep 23, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #3,112 of 3,428
Guys - off main topic(s), I know (and this is always part of thread life, lol!), but there is understandable confusion going on here...so my own thoughts I give  :

Feliks is a very small, family-owned company. Too many orders will sink them. I can go into all the reasons for it, if anyone cares. I'd strongly suggest putting on Elise's price on par with its Asian rivals or higher. It's either that or expand production. The latter is far more difficult to execute effectively.

Unfortunately S, you are right - they are reaching a milestone whereby some extremely difficult decisions will have to be made fairly soon. Such is the dilemna faced, of course, by all similar-sized enterprises when contemplating future direction/expansion...and I do not envy them these decisions. (Perhaps a brave-hearted Venture Capitalist will throw them a (temporary?!) lifeline...but I wouldn't count on it, lol!
wink.gif
). Any mention of a further price hike at the moment would, I fear however, be extremely hard to digest!!

The confusion factor comes from your contact with Lukasz, JV's contact with him, and my own...viz below :

Interesting.

I can understand your take on their desires now, JV... actually NONE of us can really have the slightest clue as to their position - certainly from dear Lukasz's communications...
I personally have had both sides of this scenario mentioned in 'mixed' message format. I suspect there will be conflicting views within the company, to say the least!

And so all we can do is wait to see how things develop over the rest of this year - or longer - and then see whose views triumph. Whatever, it will be very interesting to follow such developments. I can only hope that whichever course they take, they manage to continue to survive in a rather overcrowded market...
redface.gif

Anyway, we ourselves move on...
wink_face.gif

Cheers everyone...and HAPPY LISTENING!

Sep 23, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #3,113 of 3,428
Thanks Hypnos1, wisely said. I hope I didn't buy the tube amp just to look at it or to buy tubes so that I can caress it to feel the glass smoothness.

Happy listening to my music and making new friends with like minded interest on this forum is my aim.
beerchug.gif

Sep 23, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #3,114 of 3,428
These are my latest obsessions. 6N23P Russian Rocket Logo next to Chatham 6AS7G. These tiny tubes packs a punch. So much bass. I'm really amazed.

Sep 23, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #3,115 of 3,428
And so all we can do is wait to see how things develop over the rest of this year - or longer - and then see whose views triumph. Whatever, it will be very interesting to follow such developments. I can only hope that whichever course they take, they manage to continue to survive in a rather overcrowded market...
redface.gif
Anyway, we ourselves move on...
wink_face.gif

Cheers everyone...and HAPPY LISTENING!

Thanks H1,

Hopefully people still care about quality.  The current production method had that, in spades.  If that remains their main focus,  Feliks Audio, will do fine.

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #3,117 of 3,428

Thanks H1,

Hopefully people still care about quality.  The current production method had that, in spades.  If that remains their main focus,  Feliks Audio, will do fine.

That they will always strive to maintain their high standards and quality I'm sure is guaranteed...thankfully. Whether they can do so without Shaffers comments re pricing is, however, another matter lol!
wink.gif
. We must thank our respective Gods to have been lucky enough to be blessed with Elise magic in the early days...
darthsmile.gif
...and pray for a long life to come...
tongue.gif
(the Feliks-Audio guys DESERVE it, to be sure.)

Sep 23, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #3,118 of 3,428
Interesting you mention the Fotons, I have a set, and received another set of differently constructed Russian 6N8S drivers from '69 today. Had them running most of the day and just sat down to listen. Absolutely subterranean bass. These things dig deep. Good sense of space, excellent projection of depth, very good sense of clarity and (impressive) dynamics. A touch thick in the lower-mids, but it could be a reflection of a non-burned-in tube.

Yes Shaffer, these Foton render a very nice mid range, with huge contour of notes/performers ending with super natural/true tones; I don't hear little thickness in the lower-mid with the HD800 because this can surely lacks a bit of spl in this range.
Melz are on the way, I am very curious how they will sound vs the Foton; hope the same qualities with a tad more refinement; if yes, those ones will probably be my end game.
wink.gif

Sep 23, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #3,119 of 3,428

I assume your "Rockets" are Voskhods? What year?

How do I know it's Voskhods? It didn't say. The wordings are a bit faded. This was what was listed when I bought it.

6N23P / E88CC / 6DJ8. Russian tubes Lot of 2 Rocket logo 1975 year

I can make out CCCP inside a Pentagon shape logo with a star beneath that is missing the top pointy end and 6N23P X11-75 etched on the glass. OK I'm dumb I just described the Russian logo.
biggrin.gif

Sep 23, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #3,120 of 3,428
I just heard from Lukasz that I'm number 2 on the production line. My Elise that is not me lol.

He said it shouldn't be too long.
bigsmile_face.gif
gs1000.gif
L3000.gif
biggrin.gif
popcorn.gif

And my better half came home and said I just ordered your NAD D1050.

And Lukasz said he wouldn't recommend 6SL7  as a 6SN7 substitute. I didn't mention 6N7G or 1635. He probably would faint.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back