Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype)
Sep 22, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #3,091 of 3,428
  For a guy that really didn't want to roll very much. I'm sure buying alot of different tubes and adaptors. I don't even get my amp till November!!

Welcome to the club aqsw. You should see the tubes and adapters I've already purchased.

Sep 22, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #3,092 of 3,428
Yea, I did that, too. Apparently, didn't buy enough adapters.

I am thinking of going to the UK and getting some hypnotherapy from H1...see if I can be "cured" 
gs1000.gif
beyersmile.png
smily_headphones1.gif
atsmile.gif

Sep 22, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #3,093 of 3,428

Actually, UT...from the look of the FDD20 to 12SN7 adapter available from ebayer xulingmrs for $19, it should be a piece of cake to simply wedge the new heater wires between the tube's pins and the socket terminals, and snip off the base's heater pins...no need even to drill through the adapter to access the heater wires...EASY!!  And your special car battery should be a wonderful 12/13V source, lol!...tempted?!...
wink_face.gif
...   Pic of said adapter  :

H1 that is indeed a very nice adapter from a seller that I'd recommend highly but I have enough adapters. I have 5 already. !
biggrin.gif

Sep 22, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #3,094 of 3,428
  Welcome to the club aqsw. You should see the tubes and adapters I've already purchased.

Thanks UntilThen.

My wife is going to see all these tubes coming in, and know somethings up. May as well tell her now!!

Sep 22, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #3,095 of 3,428

I am thinking of going to the UK and getting some hypnotherapy from H1...see if I can be "cured" 
gs1000.gif
beyersmile.png
smily_headphones1.gif
atsmile.gif

Good luck with that ive been at it only several years and have been holding back ,now when i tell my wife i think that does it tubewize she laughs , then she cries ,kitting . did i say good luck! This is my modest stash                                                                                                  

Sep 22, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #3,096 of 3,428
  I think we need to start a database of Elise Compatible drivers / adapters / sound impressions

Please do!!!

I will be happy to contribute when I finally get my amp.

Sep 22, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #3,097 of 3,428
I was wondering how everyone keeps their tubes. You keep them in those nice sturdy boxes Mike. I bet they're well padded inside.

Sep 22, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #3,098 of 3,428
  I was wondering how everyone keeps their tubes. You keep them in those nice sturdy boxes Mike. I bet they're well padded inside.

Yes ,those tube caddy's are padded by plenty of other tubes lol.                                                       

Sep 22, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #3,100 of 3,428
Been listening to those ECC31 types and first impression so far, is that i prefer #1 tube in picture has  more bass then the staggered style plates on top of #2 picture will see in time if they even out basswize                                                          #1                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Sep 22, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #3,101 of 3,428

Good luck with that ive been at it only several years and have been holding back ,now when i tell my wife i think that does it tubewize she laughs , then she cries ,kitting . did i say good luck! This is my modest stash                                                                                                  

This is perfect!!  Take out all the tubes, put in your clothes...buy ticket to UK, show up H1's house....

Get hypnotherapy, in hopes of a cure....

Sep 22, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #3,102 of 3,428

This is perfect!!  Take out all the tubes, put in your clothes...buy ticket to UK, show up H1's house....

Get hypnotherapy, in hopes of a cure....

Would love to oblige, JV...but I fear this particular area of addictive/borderline OCD behaviour(!) is one I would have to pass on...can't even "cure" myself, lol! 
wink_face.gif
....no hope!...
frown.gif

Sep 22, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #3,103 of 3,428
Goodness me Mike looks like you've more tubes than Gibosi and they're all neatly hand written labelled and stashed.

Now I'm surprised by your findings on the plates style of the ECC31. Wondered what mine is.

Sep 22, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #3,104 of 3,428

OK...I'm pretty blown away....

Amazing. The storage, as well.

Sep 22, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #3,105 of 3,428

gs1000.gif
beyersmile.png
smily_headphones1.gif
atsmile.gif

Nice tube caddies, Mike.

I sure wish that I had the two back that I got rid of.

They were from my fathers tv shop......I sure could use them now, along with  the tube tester that I got rid of.  
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back