Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype)
Sep 23, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #3,136 of 3,428
6SN7 in front and the 6H13C behind with the amp facing you.

Like this
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 23, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #3,137 of 3,428

How do I know it's Voskhods? It didn't say. The wordings are a bit faded. This was what was listed when I bought it.

6N23P / E88CC / 6DJ8. Russian tubes Lot of 2 Rocket logo 1975 year

I can make out CCCP inside a Pentagon shape logo with a star beneath that is missing the top pointy end and 6N23P X11-75 etched on the glass. OK I'm dumb I just described the Russian logo.
biggrin.gif

Yes indeed, those are 1975 Voskhod 6N23P with the sheet-metal getter support. One of my favorite tubes, for sure. :)

Sep 23, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #3,140 of 3,428

Yes indeed, those are 1975 Voskhod 6N23P with the sheet-metal getter support. One of my favorite tubes, for sure. :)

I only discover I can use 6922 with adapter on a 6SN7 slot recently. Likewise the other way round with a 6SN7 to 6922 adapter which means I can use 6SN7 tubes on my Aune T1.
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 23, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #3,141 of 3,428
  Money For Nothing was entirely a new experience. A much better experience. 

Edit: Why can't I stop smiling? Should I call a doctor?

Go on Suuup tell us more. Any hum? Everything perfect physically? What does it sound like? Power? Smooth delivery? Large soundstage? You hear everything?

Sep 23, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #3,143 of 3,428

What do you think of your Aune, UT?

It's a nice toy.
bigsmile_face.gif
 Quite fun for the price. You can roll tubes for the DAC.

But it will be replaced in 10 days time when the NAD arrives.

If you read the Eddie Current Zana Deux review you will find the reviewer using the Aune T1 as a DAC.
bigsmile_face.gif

I find nothing wrong with it. Of course if you've tasted DAC costing 1k or more you'll think nothing of this. For me Head-Fi is a journey. I'll sample gears as I go along hopefully stopping at some point before I loose my sanity.
biggrin.gif

Sep 23, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #3,144 of 3,428
Initial impression:

When I received it, my first thought was "Wow, this is heavy!". When I got home and got a closer look at it, I noticed how sturdy it seems. It seems I could drop it from a 10 story building, and the only thing breaking would be the pavement. I have not noticed anything wrong with me Elise. It appears to have arrived unscathed. 

The first music it ever played was about a minute of Your Latest Trick by Dire Straits (I play saxophone). First thought in my head was "Wow, it goes this deep?". I can feel the sound. I'm pretty sure that even if I was deaf, I'd be able to tell you if my T1's were playing or not. This was not at all the case before.
Next song was Money For Nothing. I have not ever heard a guitar that smooth. It was pure joy. I could not help but turn it up a notch, even though I know it's not good for my ears.
Next up was When You Say Nothing At All by Alison Krauss. Her voice was like pure silk being spun into my ears. 
Next on the list was Amsterdam Arena by Harry Sacksioni (if you at all like acoustic guitars, try this one). Holy crap. Talk about soundstage? I've always loved that song because of its soundstage, but boy have I been in the dark. This is a whole other level. Not only is it wider, the most noticeable thing is how precise it is. When I first got my T1's I thought this level of precision was as good as it would get. I could point in a direction and tell you that THAT is exactly where the music comes from. Now, I believe and can give you the exact longitude and latitude. 

This may sound like I'm being hyperbolic. I'm not. To be honest, I didn't really believe Hypnos when he praised the Elise. Boy was I wrong. And boy, was he right. 

/Mathias

Edit: As an added benefit, the tubes run much hotter than I originally thought. It's amazing since I get free electricity, but have to pay for heat. Yay free heat. 

Sep 23, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #3,145 of 3,428
  Renderman your tubes arrived finally :)  Your packaging is better looking than the tubes. :) One of the best packaging I've seen.

Of course I can't test the C3gs without Elise except to look at it. Tried the Fotons but they hum badly on my DV. Thanks very much anyway for including them as freebies. I'll test it on Elise later.

Regarding my 5998 refund, eBay has now step in after 5 days of non response from the deregistered seller. I was asked to wait another 5 days for seller to send a refund label after which if nothing happens eBay will refund my monies in full including shipping cost.

So shop at eBay with confidence for your tubes. You have a money back guarantee on defective goods. And of course if you buy from Renderman, he will pack it better than any eBay sellers. :)

Hi UntilThen,

I'm glad you liked the packaging, I always try to do my best to package everything. Especially things that aren't made anymore, likevintage tubes :)

Your welcome re the extra tubes. To bad they hum on your DV (Did you do the Fitz mod? :) they did not hum in my Elise so i'm sure they will be fine in yours as well.

I hope your Elise arrives soon so you can enjoy the C3gs and Hypnos1s very well made adapters (just feel the weight!)

Sep 23, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #3,146 of 3,428
Suuup I love 1st impressions it comes from the heart. Those songs you chose are some of my favourites too.

I'm still sceptical though.
bigsmile_face.gif

I have to listen to Elise for myself and 3 weeks seems a very long time now after reading your first impressions.

Sep 23, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #3,147 of 3,428
  Hi UntilThen,

I'm glad you liked the packaging, I always try to do my best to package everything. Especially things that aren't made anymore, likevintage tubes :)

Your welcome re the extra tubes. To bad they hum on your DV (Did you do the Fitz mod? :) they did not hum in my Elise so i'm sure they will be fine in yours as well.

I hope your Elise arrives soon so you can enjoy the C3gs and Hypnos1s very well made adapters (just feel the weight!)

Didn't do the Fitz mod. The C3gs and the adapters are very nice looking. Indeed the adapters are heavy. I believe there's silver and gold in there. Again my thanks to you and H1.

Sep 23, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #3,148 of 3,428
Hi Everyone,

I'm seriously contemplating purchasing the Elise.  It made my heart jump when I first read about it on this thread. 
atsmile.gif

A questions for those of you that have this amp.  How does it fair with the Audeze LCD-2 and LCD-3? 

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Sep 23, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #3,149 of 3,428
Hi Everyone,

I'm seriously contemplating purchasing the Elise.  It made my heart jump when I first read about it on this thread.  :atsmile:

A questions for those of you that have this amp.  How does it fair with the Audeze LCD-2 and LCD-3? 

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Hi Jeff. Welcome. I see you're a man of taste and refinement. You're asking the question we all want to know the answer to. Perhaps I missed something along the line, which is entirely possible, AFAIK we don't have any Audeze owners among us. FWIW, I ran relatively low-z, low-sensitivity cans as a norm and there's more than enough juice. I fully realize that your situation is very different, regardless, and hope that you take the chance. Who knows, it might sell a few more LCDs to Elise owners. Good luck.

Sep 23, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #3,150 of 3,428
Hi Jeff,

Don't think anyone have use Elise with those LCDs but there were some discussions on page 95. Elise was however designed to work with both low and high impedance headphones.
When I get my Elise in 3 weeks time I'll be putting the HiFiman HE560 through the pace.

If you do go ahead you'll be the first to tell us how it sounds through those Audezes. Oh wait Aqsw has just ordered and he has a LCD2.2.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back