Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Aug 23, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #12,916 of 13,846
  Some familiar ppl here...
Better subscribe to this thread as well I guess.
Ordered my Elise a couple of weeks ago and it left Poland heading to Tasmania on Friday.
Can't wait for it to arrive - been wanting to try a tube amp and figured it was better economics to buy a good one that should last me instead of a cheap one I'd want to upgrade a month later.

Wow, S67...that's just got to be a record LOL...LUCKY YOU!!
beerchug.gif
...and good thinking on the purchase...
L3000.gif

What do you mean some familiar people here. We're the same people. Odd days we're here and even days we're over there.

Hey UT...sometimes I think it's us who are odd, not the days LOL!!!
basshead.gif
wink_face.gif

Aug 23, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #12,918 of 13,846
I entirely agree with UT.

However:

My Elise (230V) is an early version. The fuse reads T1.6AL250V.

It would be interesting to know whether later versions still ship with the same fuse or perhaps with something else.

My Elise is also 230V. Is there a 220V? Too lazy to take my fuse out to have a look but when I bought my Darkvoice 336se 2nd hand, the seller told me he had to change the fuse once as it blows. He also gave me a packet of fuse. 

It reads F1AL250V.

So I have spares. 
wink.gif

Aug 23, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #12,923 of 13,846

You're an astute buyer now Richard. Glad you like the 7236. You'll be exposed to more variations with other power and driver tubes.

You're going to love them all just like I do.

I was really happy to find a pair of 7236's for only 31 USD. It's really fun and interesting to discover these combos. I've been very surprised and pleased with what I have so far. Just waiting for from 6520's, 6AS7G's, or 5998's to go on eBay now. I'm a little hesitant about the 5998, they are so expensive!

Hey all
Now I am using Chatham 6AS7G as powers and Philips EL3N as drivers. Because these drivers are growing with time, and treble with bad records could be a little forward, I use TS7236 but I prefer as well those Mullard EEC31

Important saying that DAC, as Headphones are fundamental pieces for rooling tubes
For now I have
using CD's: EAD transport »» EAD 7000 serie III (HDCD) » ELISE »»LCD-XC ver2

I use as well Elise as a Pre (Instead of Conrad Johnson Premier Fourteen), with Conrad Johnson Premier Eleven A and Audio Phisic Virgo
see you

Aug 23, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #12,926 of 13,846
My problem with this is, that you have twenty miles of heavy cable from the generating plant to the substation then the wire to the neighborhood and the final drop to the house, then all the house wiring, finally ends up at the Elise, and goes across this expensive quarter inch of metal and now everything before it has changed. Unless there is some kind of magic convolutions of the electrons in that quarter inch of "wire" with filtering and regeneration ability, pray tell how this is accomplished. I have been in electronics far to long to believe that a small piece of metal no matter how "precious" can accomplish this.  If this is in fact true then ohm's law needs to be rewritten and the "new" electron flow needs to be taught through out the industry and education system. Now wouldn't it make sense for all manufacturers to incorporate this "new" technology in all the new equipment and eliminate all the extraneous circuits to improve the signal and save all that money? Do a double blind test with several people and see how many can pick out the "new" fuse.

Aug 24, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #12,930 of 13,846
  My problem with this is, that you have twenty miles of heavy cable from the generating plant to the substation then the wire to the neighborhood and the final drop to the house, then all the house wiring, finally ends up at the Elise, and goes across this expensive quarter inch of metal and now everything before it has changed. Unless there is some kind of magic convolutions of the electrons in that quarter inch of "wire" with filtering and regeneration ability, pray tell how this is accomplished. I have been in electronics far to long to believe that a small piece of metal no matter how "precious" can accomplish this.  If this is in fact true then ohm's law needs to be rewritten and the "new" electron flow needs to be taught through out the industry and education system. Now wouldn't it make sense for all manufacturers to incorporate this "new" technology in all the new equipment and eliminate all the extraneous circuits to improve the signal and save all that money? Do a double blind test with several people and see how many can pick out the "new" fuse.

Of course you're right cf...no way is that piece of wire going to improve on what's gone before it. What does have me wondering, however, is...will a cheap nasty bit of fuse wire worsen things further lol?! - hence the possible viability, in certain cases, of a fuse with better quality wire?...Just a thought...
rolleyes.gif
bigsmile_face.gif
...would appreciate your own views on this..
biggrin.gif
...CHEERS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back