Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Aug 22, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #12,901 of 13,846

And thx for your kind words, cf....of course you know what you're talking about LOL!
wink_face.gif
...everything you say is spot on!!
biggrin.gif
darthsmile.gif
...especially the comradeship...
bigsmile_face.gif

Just to show off, I wrote BBC I meant BB or buletin board, back before the internet, when you used a dial up modem to call file sharing sites at extremely slow transfer.  Plus it was all Dos, so that was fun too. Nothing like typing a long string, and making one character wrong, and having to do it all over, kids today don't know what they are missing (NOT) !

Aug 22, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #12,902 of 13,846
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone here has tried to use the Tung Sol "6550" as powers on the Elise. I saw an ad on eBay and immediately checked at the Elise thread and saw that no one had brought it up. Is it a different kind of tube that isn't to be used as power tubes? Or has no one gotten around to trying these yet? Thanks

Aug 22, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #12,903 of 13,846
  Hey guys I was wondering if anyone here has tried to use the Tung Sol "6550" as powers on the Elise. I saw an ad on eBay and immediately checked at the Elise thread and saw that no one had brought it up. Is it a different kind of tube that isn't to be used as power tubes? Or has no one gotten around to trying these yet? Thanks

Don't touch those monsters unless you want to turn your Elise into a Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Meanwhile how do you like my new portrait.

Aug 22, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #12,904 of 13,846
Just checked a few comments regarding fuse for the Elise. Has anyone of you guys upgraded fuse for Elise? What type of fuse is for the Elise 220V? I'm considering buying a audiophile fuse from Synergistic Research. Need the correct fuse type for it though. Hope you guys can give me some advice.

Aug 22, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #12,905 of 13,846
Thank you UT, how are you doing this evening? I got so excited to trying new tubes that I accidentally won the auction. That's a great photo sir, what tube configurations are you using? It looks like the 6520's and the stock tubes. 

Aug 22, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #12,907 of 13,846
  Just checked a few comments regarding fuse for the Elise. Has anyone of you guys upgraded fuse for Elise? What type of fuse is for the Elise 220V? I'm considering buying a audiophile fuse from Synergistic Research. Need the correct fuse type for it though. Hope you guys can give me some advice.

Sorry Louis I don't believe in audiophile fuse anymore than I believe in audiophile screws.

Aug 22, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #12,908 of 13,846
Reminds me I got screwed by an audiophile once.

Aug 22, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #12,909 of 13,846
I once had a tube that shorted out and it activated the protective circuitry in the Elise which shut off. At that time I checked the fuse in the back of the amp (next to the A/C plug in a little drawer). It took a while for the Elise to come back to itself, but the fuse was fine.

It is a tiny fuse and I cannot read the value on it - anybody knows?

Aug 22, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #12,910 of 13,846
  Hi UT and Howie13,

Second that on the 7236 - benefits greatly from burn-in and they don't need a huge amount of hours either - reckon the standard 30-50 hours.

Hi DL,

Looking forward to hear your impressions on new budget priced headphones. The HP150 is $130 on Amazon - is that a good price?,

Yes $130 is a steal deal for the HP-150's from SoundMagic, as they used to be twice that much. But my friend, I think you and Howie13 have both missed my point about these. The Tru-Fi mod is a must for these to really shine! It replaces the original flabby bloated bass with one that is controlled and more linear. It replaces the slightly recessed mids with one that is deliciosly lush and vivid, the treble less shrill, soundstage is better, and isolation is increased by at least two fold with the addition of Dekoni leather earpads. The difference between the original and modded SoundMagics is night and day.

And tomorrow I will have the chance to audition three of his other closed prototypes that are supposed to be several notches better. But if you're interested in the Hp-150's, the link is in my signature how to order a mod kit, or send yours in for modding.

Aug 23, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #12,913 of 13,846
  Yes $130 is a steal deal for the HP-150's from SoundMagic, as they used to be twice that much. But my friend, I think you and Howie13 have both missed my point about these. The Tru-Fi mod is a must for these to really shine! It replaces the original flabby bloated bass with one that is controlled and more linear. It replaces the slightly recessed mids with one that is deliciosly lush and vivid, the treble less shrill, soundstage is better, and isolation is increased by at least two fold with the addition of Dekoni leather earpads. The difference between the original and modded SoundMagics is night and day.

And tomorrow I will have the chance to audition three of his other closed prototypes that are supposed to be several notches better. But if you're interested in the Hp-150's, the link is in my signature how to order a mod kit, or send yours in for modding.

Really happy with the way mine sound as they are.

Aug 23, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #12,914 of 13,846
Some familiar ppl here...
Better subscribe to this thread as well I guess.
Ordered my Elise a couple of weeks ago and it left Poland heading to Tasmania on Friday.
Can't wait for it to arrive - been wanting to try a tube amp and figured it was better economics to buy a good one that should last me instead of a cheap one I'd want to upgrade a month later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back