Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Aug 24, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #12,931 of 13,846
  If the expensive fuse won't correct your problems, do I have something for you:

hqdefault.jpg

On a more serious note, what would it say on a 120V fuse for the Elise?

I imagine it would say something like 120V x.xA Manual might tell you, or check the existing fuse, or email Luckaz...

Aug 24, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #12,932 of 13,846

Of course you're right cf...no way is that piece of wire going to improve on what's gone before it. What does have me wondering, however, is...will a cheap nasty bit of fuse wire worsen things further lol?! - hence the possible viability, in certain cases, of a fuse with better quality wire?...Just a thought...
rolleyes.gif
bigsmile_face.gif
...would appreciate your own views on this..
biggrin.gif
...CHEERS!

I'm assuming all this fuse wire discussion is some kind of silly joke, or am I really missing something here?

Aug 24, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #12,933 of 13,846

I'm assuming all this fuse wire discussion is some kind of silly joke, or am I really missing something here?

Hi H13...given the number of hi-fiers who spend a good deal of money on upgraded mains cables, perhaps we are missing something here, lol!!
wink_face.gif
...and perhaps not...
wink.gif
...yet another endless debate, methinks!
redface.gif

Aug 24, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #12,934 of 13,846
  Hey all
Now I am using Chatham 6AS7G as powers and Philips EL3N as drivers. Because these drivers are growing with time, and treble with bad records could be a little forward, I use TS7236 but I prefer as well those Mullard EEC31

Important saying that DAC, as Headphones are fundamental pieces for rooling tubes
For now I have
using CD's: EAD transport »» EAD 7000 serie III (HDCD) » ELISE »»LCD-XC ver2

I use as well Elise as a Pre (Instead of Conrad Johnson Premier Fourteen), with Conrad Johnson Premier Eleven A and Audio Phisic Virgo
see you

Looks like you have a very nice setup there, f-r...and certainly treating Elise kindly, both upstream and down LOL
biggrin.gif

All you need to do now is get some T1s and see how they compare to the XCs...my wallet has gone on strike!
frown.gif
...(but they were too heavy for my poor ol' head anyway, alas...). CHEERS!...

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #12,935 of 13,846

Hi H13...given the number of hi-fiers who spend a good deal of money on upgraded mains cables, perhaps we are missing something here, lol!!
wink_face.gif
...and perhaps not...
wink.gif
...yet another endless debate, methinks!
redface.gif

LOL

Then I suppose we should be considering these old friends too, maybe we need a fourth Elise thread for fuses, internal wires, solder constituents etc, etc, 
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #12,936 of 13,846
Since my early days of High End sound (45 years ago), i hear talking about this. And if this stops some good houses could be closed, as this is a good part of audiophile discuss. Now I want is to be seated with my ELISE driving Conrad Johnson ElevenA, and listen to a good record file. Now I am struggling to find the best sounding records, because good readers (quote CD's) shows all bad noises (or not)
Cheers 

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #12,938 of 13,846
@hypnos1

More Elise madness! Totally incurable, but who cares 
darthsmile.gif

Now back to reality:

These just arrived,

and I've a Mojo coming later so I'll burn them in with my metallic sounding TS7236's using Mojo as the DAC. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Everything should be piping hot by tomorrow morning.

Just remembered Mojo needs 10 hours of battery charge before use- bummer 
frown.gif

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #12,939 of 13,846
  Since my early days of High End sound (45 years ago), i hear talking about this. And if this stops some good houses could be closed, as this is a good part of audiophile discuss. Now I want is to be seated with my ELISE driving Conrad Johnson ElevenA, and listen to a good record file. Now I am struggling to find the best sounding records, because good readers (quote CD's) shows all bad noises (or not).
Cheers 

Aahhh...the downside of a good TT or DAC/amp/HP combo - especially with Elise's resolving capabilities. What once seemed good can then bring sadness...and vice-versa! And this applies to both vinyl and digital, of course. Poor original mastering jumps right out and hits you between the eyes (ears!)...but conversely, what one might expect as being so-so can in fact be quite startling - in an extremely pleasant way. Modern tube amp systems can do wonders for the standard 16-bit CD medium, to be sure...depending on the skills of the recording engineer, that is!!
biggrin.gif
. Good luck in your search, f-r...
beerchug.gif

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #12,940 of 13,846
  @hypnos1

More Elise madness! Totally incurable, but who cares 
darthsmile.gif

Now back to reality:

These just arrived,

and I've a Mojo coming later so I'll burn them in with my metallic sounding TS7236's using Mojo as the DAC. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Everything should be piping hot by tomorrow morning.

Just remembered Mojo needs 10 hours of battery charge before use- bummer 
frown.gif

Those certainly are nice-looking tubes...shame we appear to have a bit longer wait, lol!
wink_face.gif

And hopefully your 7236s will start behaving like most others' appear to...if not, perhaps you have indeed been unlucky with your first ones...

Aug 24, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #12,941 of 13,846

Those certainly are nice-looking tubes...shame we appear to have a bit longer wait, lol!
wink_face.gif

And hopefully your 7236s will start behaving like most others' appear to...if not, perhaps you have indeed been unlucky with your first ones...

Had a quick listen to the tubes, just a couple of minutes to check they worked and boy are they lush and smooth, big sound stage too- I can imagine they would match well with brighter cans and power tubes. Will burn my 7236's this evening. Cheers. 
beerchug.gif

Aug 24, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #12,942 of 13,846
As the sole purpose of a fuse is to be the weak link in the power input to the equipment.  It passes the current, voltage not signal.  The source before the fuse for miles out in the open exposed to wind ,weather, squirrels you name it, has it done to it with all the connections as a break in the wire path, have done their worst by time it gets to the amp. That little piece of wire is a path just like the rest of the distribution system to power the amp. The wire used in the individual components like the resistors, capacitors, inductors, transformers stand-offs solder at each component connection would be more of a concern than just the fuse.  But since most are not replaceable and the individual fuse are they sell the idea that this little miracle will make a big difference at 100% price increase or more.  They laugh all the way to the bank.  Pure placebo effect. I paid extra, it has to sound better so it does.Back to the music

Aug 24, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #12,943 of 13,846
  As the sole purpose of a fuse is to be the weak link in the power input to the equipment.  It passes the current, voltage not signal.  The source before the fuse for miles out in the open exposed to sind weather squirrels you name it has it done to it with all the connections as a break in the wire path, have done there worst by time it gets to the amp. That little piece of wire is a path just like the rest of the distribution system to power the amp. The wire used in the individual components like the resistors, capacitors, inductors, transformers stand-offs solder at each comonent connection would be more of a concern than just the fuse.  But since most are replaceable and the individual comonent are not they sell the idea that this little miracle will make a difference at 100% price increase or more.  They laugh all the way to the bank.  Puree placebo effect. I paid extra, it has to sound better so it does.Back to the music

Exactly my thoughts too.

Aug 24, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #12,945 of 13,846
As the sole purpose of a fuse is to be the weak link in the power input to the equipment.  It passes the current, voltage not signal.  The source before the fuse for miles out in the open exposed to wind ,weather, squirrels you name it, has it done to it with all the connections as a break in the wire path, have done their worst by time it gets to the amp. That little piece of wire is a path just like the rest of the distribution system to power the amp. The wire used in the individual components like the resistors, capacitors, inductors, transformers stand-offs solder at each component connection would be more of a concern than just the fuse.  But since most are not replaceable and the individual fuse are they sell the idea that this little miracle will make a big difference at 100% price increase or more.  They laugh all the way to the bank.  Pure placebo effect. I paid extra, it has to sound better so it does.Back to the music

GULP! You mean I wasted my moh-nee on the 70 dollar fuse? I thought cleaned the 'muddiness' right up!

Hahahaha!! I love it, all these years later and people are still falling for BS....

Radio was touted as being the medium to end ignorance...then it was TV....now the inner-net....

Oh well, enjoy this, instead :)

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzcA8suIO40[/VIDEO]

:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back