1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by hypnos1, Oct 1, 2015.
First

Back
852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861
863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872
Next

Last
  1. hypnos1
    Wow, S67...that's just got to be a record LOL...LUCKY YOU!! [​IMG]...and good thinking on the purchase...[​IMG]

Hey UT...sometimes I think it's us who are odd, not the days LOL!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]...

2. Oskari

I entirely agree with UT.

However:

My Elise (230V) is an early version. The fuse reads T1.6AL250V.

It would be interesting to know whether later versions still ship with the same fuse or perhaps with something else.

3. UntilThen

My Elise is also 230V. Is there a 220V? Too lazy to take my fuse out to have a look but when I bought my Darkvoice 336se 2nd hand, the seller told me he had to change the fuse once as it blows. He also gave me a packet of fuse. 

It reads F1AL250V.

So I have spares. [​IMG]

DSC_0001.jpg

4. frederick-rea
    Hello all
    316_buyuk.jpg
    I changed for one of this

HIFI-Tuning
    5x20mm
    T1
    1.6A

5. Oskari

I'd guess that 230V equals 220V–240V.

6. Oskari

How much and where?

Please don't tell me $60 ea.

7. frederick-rea
    from hear
    https://www.amazon.de/s/ref=sr_pg_2?me=A15X1SC4J5588P&rh=i%3Amerchant-items&page=2&ie=UTF8&qid=1471990379

250V

8. frederick-rea
    Hey all
    Now I am using Chatham 6AS7G as powers and Philips EL3N as drivers. Because these drivers are growing with time, and treble with bad records could be a little forward, I use TS7236 but I prefer as well those Mullard EEC31

Important saying that DAC, as Headphones are fundamental pieces for rooling tubes
    For now I have
    using CD's: EAD transport »» EAD 7000 serie III (HDCD) » ELISE »»LCD-XC ver2

I use as well Elise as a Pre (Instead of Conrad Johnson Premier Fourteen), with Conrad Johnson Premier Eleven A and Audio Phisic Virgo
    see you

9. Oskari

Thanks.

Only €39 then.

10. UntilThen

Question is does it make your Elise more HiFi sounding. [​IMG]

11. connieflyer
    My problem with this is, that you have twenty miles of heavy cable from the generating plant to the substation then the wire to the neighborhood and the final drop to the house, then all the house wiring, finally ends up at the Elise, and goes across this expensive quarter inch of metal and now everything before it has changed. Unless there is some kind of magic convolutions of the electrons in that quarter inch of "wire" with filtering and regeneration ability, pray tell how this is accomplished. I have been in electronics far to long to believe that a small piece of metal no matter how "precious" can accomplish this.  If this is in fact true then ohm's law needs to be rewritten and the "new" electron flow needs to be taught through out the industry and education system. Now wouldn't it make sense for all manufacturers to incorporate this "new" technology in all the new equipment and eliminate all the extraneous circuits to improve the signal and save all that money? Do a double blind test with several people and see how many can pick out the "new" fuse.

12. frederick-rea
    No I don't think so. That is a matter of .... you know

It's the old song that if your ears don't listen, science will prove. But for me it was a wast money 
    bye

13. JazzVinyl

LOL, Right On!!!

:wink:

14. mordy
    If the expensive fuse won't correct your problems, do I have something for you:

[​IMG]

On a more serious note, what would it say on a 120V fuse for the Elise?

15. hypnos1

Of course you're right cf...no way is that piece of wire going to improve on what's gone before it. What does have me wondering, however, is...will a cheap nasty bit of fuse wire worsen things further lol?! - hence the possible viability, in certain cases, of a fuse with better quality wire?...Just a thought...[​IMG] [​IMG]...would appreciate your own views on this..[​IMG]...CHEERS!

First

Back
852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861
863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872
Next

Last