Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Sep 2, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #13,081 of 13,846
  No. Pull the trigger on Elise in standard configuration and go from there. You will be thrilled. Then get C3G and EL3N as drivers later. They will light up the night skies.

Great thanks. I know nothing about tubes either and I'm going to do some rolling for my Beyer DT880/990's, and *future purchase* Senn HD650 and Beyer T1. Any suggestions?

Sep 2, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #13,082 of 13,846
  So much dissections on the topic of multi adapters. There's a danger to using multi adapters upon multi adapters. You may think it's safe just to add up all the tubes amperes and if they are below the threshold, it's safe. However, can you know for certain if piling a multi adapter upon another, you are still within the realm of simple equations?

With the 6xEL3Ns, I checked with Lukasz. I send him a description of what I intended to do. He showed it to Senior Feliks. Henryk took a look and stop what he was doing. He started pacing to the end wall, deep in thoughts. Then walk back to my email and have a good look again.... and said 'Will work with the correct adapters'. These are paraphrase words from Lukasz to me. However he added, 'You do so at your own risk' ... with a big smiley. It was then I went ahead and tried the 6xEL3N. (Prior to this, Glenn did confirm that it will work in Elise. However I wanted to hear from FA themselves.) When it did work and the first listen was astonishing, I send Lukasz a photo. I remember his reaction. He goes WOW and said Feliks Audio Team sends their congratulations. 
biggrin.gif

There you go. The real Mona Lisa. 
L3000.gif

I've been playing my new 6 pack now for several hours and am truly amazed. This isn't evolution-it's revolution, in the best possible way.

It's the best sounding combo to date I've heard.

I started to play a Chopin CD of 8 tracks. I got to the end of the first and just had to play it over and over again-about eight times. Stunning sound. I'm so hyped up I don't think I'll be going to bed tonight. I'll share some Chopin with you all- Chopin is good for relaxing in the evening, maybe it will calm me down.

Sep 2, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #13,083 of 13,846
  Great thanks. I know nothing about tubes either and I'm going to do some rolling for my Beyer DT880/990's, and *future purchase* Senn HD650 and Beyer T1. Any suggestions?

All those headphones are perfect with Elise. It will be an enjoyable experience.

These 2 combos are quite contrasting but I love them with HD650 and T1, as well as HE560.

1. Siemens C3G and Tung Sol 5998
  2. Philips Miniwatt EL3N and Chatham 6AS7G or Tung Sol 7236.

When you get adventurous, try the real Mona Lisa. You will become like @HOWIE13 , playing Chopin over and over again. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #13,084 of 13,846
I've been trying to think of one of my customary stupid comments for posting this next video. But I can't and I love it so much I'm just going to post it.

Anyway, I've probably exceeded my video quota for the day, so I'm just going to float on down the river for the rest of the day.

Sep 2, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #13,086 of 13,846

I've got both the Beyers and they are great with Elise. Very different cans, and between the two you will easily appreciate Elise's full range of tube rolling capabilities. I have the HD650 too and the 6 pack EL3N's suit it perfectly. No veil with Elise!

6 pack suits the Beyers too but I find them very easy to please. You can take just about any of the combinations discussed on these forums and they will sound excellent. 
You will be the only person to judge what's best for you though.

Sep 2, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #13,087 of 13,846

All those headphones are perfect with Elise. It will be an enjoyable experience.

These 2 combos are quite contrasting but I love them with HD650 and T1, as well as HE560.

When you get adventurous, try the real Mona Lisa. You will become like @HOWIE13 , playing Chopin over and over again. 
biggrin.gif

..and over and over and over and over................
deadhorse.gif

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #13,088 of 13,846

biggrin.gif

Thanks for the suggestions. So is there compatibility issues with certain power and driver tubes? I'll probably just get these combo's and be done with it. I'm pretty excited.

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #13,089 of 13,846
These drivers will work with the power tubes. You can use them in any combinations. I've listed them here as I feel they deserve special mention. Power tubes suggested are still available. Some more pricey than others. There are better power tubes but they are quite rare and very expensive. Such as GEC 6AS7G, Bendix 6080WB and GEC 6080WB. Also Western Electric 421A. I don't think you need to go that high end 'in price' unless money is no issue.

There are a lot of 6SN7s that sounds amazing but the better ones are very rare now and very pricey. Such as Tung Sol 6SN7gt round black plates, Sylvania 6SN7W. I have listed Sylvania 6SN7wgt which sounds good and much cheaper - at below $100 a pair.

I did not list any Visseaux, Mazda or Fivre 6N7g as there are hardly any left on eBay. These drivers sound very good too.

Any of the below combination will be a good start and probably all you need.

DriversPowers
C3GTung Sol 5998
EL3NTung Sol 7236
ECC31Chatham 6AS7G
Sylvania 6SN7wgtMullard 6080

ps... not forgetting 6xEL3Ns 
L3000.gif

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #13,091 of 13,846
  @AltCtrl I take it you've placed your order of Elise? 

Congrats. Welcome to the club. You won't be disappointed. 
beerchug.gif

Yeah I just ordered, how long does it take to normally get it in the states? This is my first tube amp and I've heard good things so I just decided to end game it.

Excited to
L3000.gif

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #13,092 of 13,846
FA usually quote a 8 weeks delivery time but be prepared for 10 to 12 weeks. However we have some who have received theirs within a short time frame recently. 

Elise sounds very good with those high impedance dynamic headphones. Even planar magnetics as shared and loved by many here. It has that liquid, moist tone that is fast and dynamic. 10 months on I'm still loving it. It will probably be the only tube amp you need.

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #13,093 of 13,846
Hope its worth the wait. They must be hand crafting them to perfection.

Sep 2, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #13,094 of 13,846
they do a really great job, I don't think you will be disappointed. Lot of optionswith different tubes, my advice is go slow and listen to it for a bit before you get to deep in tube rolling, plenty of time for that. Get to know what you like about it and which direction you want to take it. Welcome aboard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back