Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Aug 27, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #13,021 of 13,846
  OK. You and @UntilThen are ganging up on me. 
basshead.gif
 I'm just a lonely voice crying in the wilderness
eek.gif

Aah but the Lone Wolf enjoys a wonderful, carefree freedom LOL!
wink_face.gif
...his cry is one of defiance!!
biggrin.gif
...ENJOY!...and as cf says - different ears!...

That review sounded very interesting but the very fact that he took the 800 Off the Wall of Fame left the 600 there makes me want to listen to the years but certainly would not take his word for them being that good. Your voice in the wilderness will not be alone. Those folks on the 800 forums that are in a panic are nuts. If they cared that much about what one person says then they didn't really listen to their phones themselves. All the best

Yo cf...far too many don't trust their own ears/judgment LOL!...sad indeed...
frown.gif

Re. the 800...was very impressed with them at our meet earlier this year, but there was still something about the T1 that drew me back - shame I can't now remember precisely what it was, but the difference didn't convince me to shell out for the Senns, and so I shall remain in blissful ignorance!!
wink.gif
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 27, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #13,022 of 13,846
@Spork67 if you want my recommendation on headphones for Elise, you'd have known what it would be.

HD800 or T1 both original versions. That's because I like the speed of both headphones plus amazing clarity and details. Bass is how I like them. Nice and tight.

Y'know UT...I too have never felt bass lacking in Elise - especially with our latter-end drivers LOL!
biggrin.gif
. Give me clean, clear, detailed, balanced bass any day!!...especially when combined with super extension a la ECC31 and EL3N...
wink_face.gif
darthsmile.gif

Aug 27, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #13,023 of 13,846

Y'know UT...I too have never felt bass lacking in Elise - especially with our latter-end drivers LOL!
biggrin.gif
. Give me clean, clear, detailed, balanced bass any day!!...especially when combined with super extension a la ECC31 and EL3N...
wink_face.gif
darthsmile.gif

T1 and Elise with some of the better tube combinations gives a superb sound. It's easy to see why those owners fall over themselves in the T1 impressions thread. Read the 1st few pages of the thread. They absolutely love the T1 G1 - so do I. 
biggrin.gif

However here's the big BUT - T1 needs to be paired with a correct amp. With Elise, it's a rocking combination.

Aug 27, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #13,024 of 13,846
Better make sure I post this on the correct thread or I'll get a clubbing.

6 pack magic again in Elise. These EL3Ns sure sound clearer as the days goes by losing it's warmth and lushness, making it just right IMO. Oh the soundstage.... wider than a soccer field.

Aug 27, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #13,025 of 13,846
  Better make sure I post this on the correct thread or I'll get a clubbing.

6 pack magic again in Elise. These EL3Ns sure sound clearer as the days goes by losing it's warmth and lushness, making it just right IMO. Oh the soundstage.... wider than a soccer field.

The Thread Police are watching you very closely, young man 
blink.gif

Aug 28, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #13,031 of 13,846
There were some fine SS amps there too. oppo HA1, some big monster called HPA something or other...they sounded really good, too, with all the expensive headphones...

Or maybe the expensive headphones made the amps sound good :)

:wink:

Aug 29, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #13,034 of 13,846
I spend some time with the violectric v281 and a T1 in balanced mode at the Sydney meet. I like. Has the organic tone of tubes but you know what.

I rather have Elise with my T1 and my collection of tubes. Sounds better to me. That v281 is $2700 btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back