1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by hypnos1, Oct 1, 2015.
First

Back
859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868
870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879
Next

Last
  1. hypnos1

Aah but the Lone Wolf enjoys a wonderful, carefree freedom LOL! [​IMG]...his cry is one of defiance!! [​IMG]...ENJOY!...and as cf says - different ears!...

Yo cf...far too many don't trust their own ears/judgment LOL!...sad indeed...[​IMG]...

Re. the 800...was very impressed with them at our meet earlier this year, but there was still something about the T1 that drew me back - shame I can't now remember precisely what it was, but the difference didn't convince me to shell out for the Senns, and so I shall remain in blissful ignorance!! [​IMG] [​IMG]...

2. hypnos1

Y'know UT...I too have never felt bass lacking in Elise - especially with our latter-end drivers LOL! [​IMG]. Give me clean, clear, detailed, balanced bass any day!!...especially when combined with super extension a la ECC31 and EL3N...[​IMG] [​IMG]...

3. UntilThen

T1 and Elise with some of the better tube combinations gives a superb sound. It's easy to see why those owners fall over themselves in the T1 impressions thread. Read the 1st few pages of the thread. They absolutely love the T1 G1 - so do I. [​IMG]

However here's the big BUT - T1 needs to be paired with a correct amp. With Elise, it's a rocking combination.

hypnos1 likes this.
  4. UntilThen
    Better make sure I post this on the correct thread or I'll get a clubbing.

6 pack magic again in Elise. These EL3Ns sure sound clearer as the days goes by losing it's warmth and lushness, making it just right IMO. Oh the soundstage.... wider than a soccer field.

DSC_0001.jpg

5. pctazhp

The Thread Police are watching you very closely, young man [​IMG]

6. UntilThen
    The thread police will agree this looks better than Michelangelo's masterpiece.

And sound better than Florence Nightingale.

7. JazzVinyl
    I still loathe my EL3N's!

But I do love my 6x 6BL7's and Ken-RAD VT-231's...

WORTH taking a clubbing, for :)

24913625633_7c8cf443e6_b.jpg

:wink:

8. UntilThen
    I think I've just revive multi toobs phenomena. :)

9. JazzVinyl
    This is the bad boy amp that was at the meet today:

https://www.aloaudio.com/shop/studio-six/

10. UntilThen
    Looks juicy. Almost every reviews of the latest tube amps says it's the best they have heard with the hd800.

Your choice is endless.

11. JazzVinyl
    There were some fine SS amps there too. oppo HA1, some big monster called HPA something or other...they sounded really good, too, with all the expensive headphones...

Or maybe the expensive headphones made the amps sound good :)

12. JazzVinyl
    Here is the fine SS amp seen at the meet:

http://lake-people.de/produktdetails/hpa-v281.html

It was _really nice_ sounding!!!

13. HOWIE13

That's a powerful amp. Nice to see a balance control too.

14. UntilThen
    I spend some time with the violectric v281 and a T1 in balanced mode at the Sydney meet. I like. Has the organic tone of tubes but you know what.

I rather have Elise with my T1 and my collection of tubes. Sounds better to me. That v281 is $2700 btw.

15. louisxiawei
    LOL, a clear winner obviously. [​IMG] 

First

Back
859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868
870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879
Next

Last