FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Aug 23, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #4,891 of 5,204
Sounds Fabulous with Macintosh MHA 50
But pricey incredible dynamics
Am sure it sounds really good with mha50 but am looking at budget dac/amps only. Do you face any hissing issues?

Aug 25, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #4,893 of 5,204
Don't know if buy S8Z or S8P, i'm looking for a Shanling M6 "partner"...

Sep 3, 2020 at 2:07 AM Post #4,894 of 5,204
Just got my S8F CIEMs and my reaction is a bit mixed. It’s a lot of good, but a single disappointment.
First the good, they are exactly what I was looking for. Excellent isolation, superior build, a fun v-shaped sound and going for the more interesting highs was the right way to go! They are the ultimate transport set. As Michael Bruce (Redrol) mentioned in his video review this set is all about low volume listening. They don’t need to be pushed to high volumes to sound good. This works beautifully with their innate sound isolation. Wearing them brings me back to Etymotic days of being oblivious to a vacuum cleaner right next to you. But these have v-shaped tuning!
The build is awesome and these light, well-shaped CIEMs go deep, but disappear after you put them on... in? I don’t know. I haven’t had them a full 24 hours yet, but the sound stage is interestingly deep, not very wide, but just outside of your ears. The placement of instruments and sounds is excellent and lend themselves to being quite holographic within a relatively collected sound stage.
The highs are interesting and provide good, clean detail. The bass is... well, there l, but it’s definitely BA bass. There is ample quantity, but it’s missing that beautiful rumble that I love. It’s trade off that I'm fine with because the isolation, comfort and excellent low volume listening performance is exactly what I want for an on-the-go set.
Now for the disappointment. The face lplate was not the one that I requested from the vendor And I ended up getting clear faceplates with smoke and purple tinted shells. This is really disappointing because I went through a huge process which the dealer who assured me that the I would get the universal default faceplate with the order. I haven’t heard back from the vendor yet, but it could have been perfect.

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #4,895 of 5,204
Anybody tried the S8f with atom amp?

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #4,896 of 5,204
Have any compared the fearless audio line up with thieaudio new clairvoyance and monarch? Wondering how it stacks up to the new cheaper and more advanced setup of thieaudio.

Sep 4, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #4,897 of 5,204
Have any compared the fearless audio line up with thieaudio new clairvoyance and monarch? Wondering how it stacks up to the new cheaper and more advanced setup of thieaudio.

They’re the new est stars in their price bracket, for sure. QC with them remains a question mark.

Sep 4, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #4,898 of 5,204
They’re the new est stars in their price bracket, for sure. QC with them remains a question mark.
I think the QC can be good, but I get the feeling that the level of QC is tiered based on the production style of the product. I have the Voyager 14 and the Legacy 3. Their respective construction feels very different. The V14 while light, feels rigid, substantial and made to last. The L3 feels more like It was made in a mould. The plastic feels thinner and more brittle. They are drastically different in price point, but it also makes you wonder where the line for quality is and how and when that will shift.

Sep 12, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #4,899 of 5,204
I wanted to report my latest experience with using Xelastec tips on my Rui. Initially, when I learned about these relatively new tips, the advice by others was to pick one size down from what you normally wear. For me, that was ML with final E tips, so I bought two pair in the M size. When I got them, I did like them but I felt with my Rui they were a bit big, so recently I bought the MS size, and boy, these work perfect for me fit wise as well as sound wise. If you haven’t tried these on your Fearless iems, I strongly recommend you do through Amazon so you can return them if you are not satisfied.

I kept the M size since some of my other iems fit better with them, but because I like a deeper insertion with the Rui, the MS size did the trick!

Sep 12, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #4,900 of 5,204
I wanted to report my latest experience with using Xelastec tips on my Rui. Initially, when I learned about these relatively new tips, the advice by others was to pick one size down from what you normally wear. For me, that was ML with final E tips, so I bought two pair in the M size. When I got them, I did like them but I felt with my Rui they were a bit big, so recently I bought the MS size, and boy, these work perfect for me fit wise as well as sound wise. If you haven’t tried these on your Fearless iems, I strongly recommend you do through Amazon so you can return them if you are not satisfied.

I kept the M size since some of my other iems fit better with them, but because I like a deeper insertion with the Rui, the MS size did the trick!
Tried it return it! Jvc spiral dots are the best. The xelastec was too sticky for me amd the sound is not as open as the spiral dots. That just much opinion.

Sep 12, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #4,901 of 5,204
Tried it return it! Jvc spiral dots are the best. The xelastec was too sticky for me amd the sound is not as open as the spiral dots. That just much opinion.

Understand, I like the spiral dots as well, but since my Rui is used exclusively for exercise, the tacky nature of the Xelastecs help maintain a secure fit.

Sep 22, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #4,903 of 5,204
I just bought a pair of custom S8F's from Linsoul! I have no idea what steps to take now thought. I already have ear impressions so I assume I have to send them somewhere?
Yeah sending to linsoul would be a good idea unless you want to keep it as a trophy.lol

Sep 23, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #4,904 of 5,204
I know we have become impatient, with the lightning speed that the Chi-Fi IEM market has been moving along, but has Fearless gone a bit stagnant lately, or do they have a huge surprise up their sleeve?

Sep 23, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #4,905 of 5,204
Fearless audio prices are higher than others chi fi with the same driver configuration. The monarch have a DD and more estats than the Lancelot and yet is $600 cheaper. Fearless have a lot of catching up to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back