FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Mar 29, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #4,606 of 5,201
If you are a Fearless Roland owner: please try this P-EQ with your set and let me know what it does for you!

Doesn't work with Graphic EQ, it has to be the "shelf" ones.

As you can guess from my basic lingo, this was not prepared by me. One of my friends recommended it to me.

I am not saying what it's supposed to do, although you can guess parts of the answer :)

Please try and share impressions, Thanks!
What ia this app ? Is the eq systemwide ?

Mar 29, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #4,608 of 5,201
I've been wanting to try Rolands for quite a while mostly just to play with some PEQ settings. I hope other share their settings as well. Thanks for posting this. Did your friend tune by listening or did he use software?

This setting adjusts Roland to match a certain target curve. Just matching values.

Mar 29, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #4,609 of 5,201
This setting adjusts Roland to match a certain target curve. Just matching values.
I use Room EQ Wizard (REW) to create target curves after I measure with MiniDSP EARS. I know there are mixed reviews on the EARS but I have a method that allows for consistently repeatable frequency and amplitude values and match Crinacle's pretty closely. REW adjusts averaged pre target curves and creates PEQ settings that I then import to my MiniDSP HA-DSP amp/dac and listen. Repeat until as close to perfection as I can get is achieved. Sometimes this happens on the first try, sometimes it never happens.

Mar 30, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #4,610 of 5,201
Hi everyone, I’m looking for a fun bassy iem with a high quality build and sound, my budget is £300 which is about 400 dollars so anything around or below that price.
There are so many choices I really am confused about what to buy and I have been looking at fearless Audio’s lineup, such as the s4, s5T and the s6 RUI. Would any of these match my criteria and are they any good lol.
Thanks for any input.

Are these iems available on AliExpress ,?
Please share the link , thanks .

Custom options available via Aliexpress

Not available via Amazon

S6 Rui (6BA) below S5H (5BA) above

Will start to add more info later.

Apr 1, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #4,612 of 5,201
Well well well, here we are again. After owning and selling the S8F, S8P and S8Z, I just got another S8P.

Even after to listening and owning several other IEMs since I had the S8F/P, there's something magical about them that keeps me coming back. I think the most addictive features that I yearn for for when I listen to other IEMs are the superb layering and separation, bass texture and dynamic control that the S8F/P have.

Anyways, just want to say that S8F/P is still the best value in the IEM game imo. S8Z was better technically, but the bass was cleaned up so much than it kind of ruined the tonal balance for me and turned into more of a treble-focused/analytical IEM.

Apr 1, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #4,613 of 5,201
Well well well, here we are again. After owning and selling the S8F, S8P and S8Z, I just got another S8P.

Even after to listening and owning several other IEMs since I had the S8F/P, there's something magical about them that keeps me coming back. I think the most addictive features that I yearn for for when I listen to other IEMs are the superb layering and separation, bass texture and dynamic control that the S8F/P have.

Anyways, just want to say that S8F/P is still the best value in the IEM game imo. S8Z was better technically, but the bass was cleaned up so much than it kind of ruined the tonal balance for me and turned into more of a treble-focused/analytical IEM.
Thanks thesheik137 for that insight, very useful to know when i want to upgrade from my S6RUI!

Apr 1, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #4,614 of 5,201

Damn! I really want a set of S8f or S8p, but I keep spending my money on sub $200 iems. One thing I DON'T currently have is a good all BA set. Those 2 are top of my list, but expensive to me. I know I should just save up for a set, but I'm weak. From all I have read in the past year, I think either would satisfy me. Good on you, for repurchasing them!

Apr 2, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #4,615 of 5,201
Had my 8p for a year now. Still the best bang for buck. Now I'm just shooting for TOTL that costs a kidney or two as my upgrade path.

Apr 2, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #4,616 of 5,201
Been listening to the S8Z for a week now. My thoughts:
Mids and treble are better than S8F, slightly. Just better for my tastes, mids are a bit more bold, textured, treble slightly less hot but more airy. Very nice. The bass is lower though. I have to EQ now to get the right amount of slam for my tastes. Nothing major, just 3db at 30hz.

So overall, these are a winner but depending on your tastes you might like the S8F/P more (basshead).

Apr 2, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #4,617 of 5,201

when u had s8z new, u said it's better than s8f/p. but u sold it and ended up with s8p. may i know the reason for this? im asking coz ill probably get s8p tmrw from shop. thanks

Apr 2, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #4,618 of 5,201
when u had s8z new, u said it's better than s8f/p. but u sold it and ended up with s8p. may i know the reason for this? im asking coz ill probably get s8p tmrw from shop. thanks
S8Z was better technically, but the bass was cleaned up so much than it kind of ruined the tonal balance for me and turned into more of a treble-focused/analytical IEM.

Apr 2, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #4,619 of 5,201
If you can ask for a demo do, no substitute for listening to something for yourself.

Apr 2, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #4,620 of 5,201
I’m retired drummer, gotta hear kick, not a basshead, so I was thinking S8Z but now.... whats the differences between them, not in depth, do I really 8F or 8p??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back