FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Apr 2, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #4,636 of 5,204
I have i3 and bass is present and accounted for...the i3 sounds balanced to me.....but I’m sporting drum and cymbal abused 62 yo ears.

Apr 2, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #4,637 of 5,204
I have i3 and bass is present and accounted for...the i3 sounds balanced to me.....but I’m sporting drum and cymbal abused 62 yo ears.
Haha! I have 50 year old drummer ears. Thankfully, I've managed to retain decent hearing because I've worn ear protection over the years. As of about 5 years ago have been using IEM's instead of floor wedges. Miraculously, I can still hear up to about 16,000 hz so not bad for 50!

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #4,638 of 5,204
the cable on the S8Z is also different from the S8P and S8F. The cable is super nice only issue is chin slider won't stay tight. Also some say cable is a little heavy because of the huge splitter and chin slider. you can see in pic

Attachments

• _DSC1918-2.jpg
    _DSC1918-2.jpg
    9.5 MB · Views: 0
Apr 5, 2020 at 1:16 AM Post #4,644 of 5,204
I just wrapped up my full review of the Fearless x Crinacle collaboration In-Ear Monitor called the "Dawn", which is available now at Linsoul.com for $1399. It's got a well-balanced tuning with good resolution and a very enjoyable sound. I think many will like it. Where I find it does lack is a bit of depth and imaging compared to other flagships.

I posted my full review, with a bunch of measurement data comparing to 64 Audio U12t, Hidition Viento-R, and qdc anole VX here: https://www.antdroid.net/2020/04/fearless-x-crinacle-dawn-review.html

Disclaimer: This is a North American tour unit, which I was lucky enough to be the 1st on the tour. Thanks to Crinacle and Lillian of Linsoul for giving me the opportunity. :)

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #4,645 of 5,204
I'm a drummer and love my S8Z's. Totally agree, I need to hear kick and symbols need to sound accurate. Kick frequencies are usually 20hz - 250hz on low end and attack is about 5k - 8k depending on type of music. If you look at graph you can see all of those frequency ranges are at good levels on both S8F and S8Z with the S8Z having a bigger boost at 16k. I think that 16k difference is what gives symbols and hihat a little more realism to me. Also as a drummer I use these as live performance, on stage in ear monitors and they work great. My drums sound awesome in my ears, so does everything else

What ear tips do you use for drumming? If these can provide CIEM level isolation with foamies, that would be great. Right now I’m using Shure IEMs with multi-flange tips, for great isolation.

Also, I’m looking for a more detailed/higher resolution, all BA IEM, for more clinical/critical listening. Anyone have the Shure se846 to compare to the Fearless S8Z?

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #4,646 of 5,204
Here is my S8Z review:beerchug:

Great review, thanks! Do you plan on ever providing a link to your comparison chart? Yours is very nice and detailed.

Apr 5, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #4,647 of 5,204
"IEMusic, post: 15543466, member: 528108"]
What ear tips do you use for drumming? If these can provide CIEM level isolation with foamies, that would be great. Right now I’m using Shure IEMs with multi-flange tips, for great isolation.

Also, I’m looking for a more detailed/higher resolution, all BA IEM, for more clinical/critical listening. Anyone have the Shure se846 to compare to the Fearless S8Z?"

I use large spinfits. I've heard se846 and even used them on stage once but they were not mine so I had a limited time with them. I don't remember what filter I used. Se846's do isolate good but with proper tips S8Z's isolate just as well. The se846 is smaller also and the fit is really nice. The S8Z is bigger so fit may not be as good for some, works perfectly for me though. From what I remember they did have more bass than S8Z but that's it, and bass can always be added to S8Z with eq. They eq very well. But no amount of EQ'ing and tweaking the se846's can bring it up the levels of the S8Z when it comes to instrument separation, placement and detail. Also, the treble on the S8Z's is excellent so the symbols and hihat sound really good. One thing I'm having a little trouble with is the chin slider on the cable staying tight, but I fixed the issue with a little tape so works fine when I'm just listening to music. I had to get a different cable for stage use because it still wouldn't stay tight because I move my head alot when I play drums. I haven't tried foam tips with S8Z's but I imagine they would would work great. I don't think these will offer ciem isolation levels though.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #4,648 of 5,204
"IEMusic, post: 15543466, member: 528108"]

Also, I’m looking for a more detailed/higher resolution, all BA IEM, for more clinical/critical listening. Anyone have the Shure se846 to compare to the Fearless S8Z?"

I use large spinfits. I've heard se846 and even used them on stage once but they were not mine so I had a limited time with them. I don't remember what filter I used. Se846's do isolate good but with proper tips S8Z's isolate just as well. The se846 is smaller also and the fit is really nice. The S8Z is bigger so fit may not be as good for some, works perfectly for me though. From what I remember they did have more bass than S8Z but that's it, and bass can always be added to S8Z with eq. They eq very well. But no amount of EQ'ing and tweaking the se846's can bring it up the levels of the S8Z when it comes to instrument separation, placement and detail. Also, the treble on the S8Z's is excellent so the symbols and hihat sound really good. One thing I'm having a little trouble with is the chin slider on the cable staying tight, but I fixed the issue with a little tape so works fine when I'm just listening to music. I had to get a different cable for stage use because it still wouldn't stay tight because I move my head alot when I play drums. I haven't tried foam tips with S8Z's but I imagine they would would work great. I don't think these will offer ciem isolation levels though.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information! I’m seriously considering adding the S8Z to my collection, and possibly use them as stage monitors as well. I was considering the ThieAudio V14, but I like Fearless’ reputation for QC and durability, and the sound may be more my taste also. Incidentally, for me, the se846 with dual flange tips isolates better than my UE CIEMs.

Apr 5, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #4,649 of 5,204

Thanks for the information! I’m seriously considering adding the S8Z to my collection, and possibly use them as stage monitors as well. I was considering the ThieAudio V14, but I like Fearless’ reputation for QC and durability, and the sound may be more my taste also. Incidentally, for me, the se846 with dual flange tips isolates better than my UE CIEMs.
[/QUOTE]
Which UE's do you have? Are they custom?

Apr 5, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #4,650 of 5,204
Which UE's do you have? Are they custom?
[/QUOTE]
They are the UE6 Pros, CIEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back