FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Mar 17, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #4,576 of 5,204
Hi Everyone,

I've just purchased a set of S8 Pro's with a CS Series UP-OCC COPPER litz 8 core cable from CEMA Electro acousti & just trying to find the right DAP to drive them. I listen mostly to classical and I'm looking for an overall sound that has clarity, depth, weight with a touch of warmth but can also handle the low 15ohm impedance with noise.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks for your help

Mar 17, 2020 at 6:37 AM Post #4,577 of 5,204
Hi Everyone,

I've just purchased a set of S8 Pro's with a CS Series UP-OCC COPPER litz 8 core cable from CEMA Electro acousti & just trying to find the right DAP to drive them. I listen mostly to classical and I'm looking for an overall sound that has clarity, depth, weight with a touch of warmth but can also handle the low 15ohm impedance with noise.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks for your help

Phone + Fiio BTR5
Beautiful sound, stable BT connection, black background, small form factor, and very affordable.

BTW. Recently I had my BTR5 stolen, and even though I have ES100, I ordered BTR5 again. It's just amazing piece of hardware.

Mar 18, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #4,578 of 5,204
S8z arrived today, I’m blown away. Easily the best iem’s I’ve had the pleasure of listening to, great technicalities, timbre is good, bass is amazing for a ba. Bass actually has much more impact and presence than my tanchjim oxygen. The stock fearless cable seems to me like it is a bit brighter than my null audio arete, could be an impedance mismatch with the stock setup.
All in all, they’re solid performers and the looks are stunning.

Attachments

• 72581898-22EF-4968-B111-10D7D3776FAD.jpeg
    72581898-22EF-4968-B111-10D7D3776FAD.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Mar 21, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #4,581 of 5,204
S8z arrived today, I’m blown away. Easily the best iem’s I’ve had the pleasure of listening to, great technicalities, timbre is good, bass is amazing for a ba. Bass actually has much more impact and presence than my tanchjim oxygen. The stock fearless cable seems to me like it is a bit brighter than my null audio arete, could be an impedance mismatch with the stock setup.
All in all, they’re solid performers and the looks are stunning.
Nice! Keep em' coming...

S8Z in the house!! THESE are my favorite fearless ever. Like a more refined and better S8F (to me).
WOW. A+ would listen.
Nice. You've found the V14 to be a little overwhelming and maybe tiresome for your taste, how are you finding the S8z in comparison? And btw, I've heard S8F had a pretty deep and audible bass, do it still presents that strength? People always talk about it being bright or aggressive.
These IEMs have very few deep impressions/review as of right now.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #4,582 of 5,204
S8Z in the house!! THESE are my favorite fearless ever. Like a more refined and better S8F (to me).IMG_20200320_151645.jpg
WOW. A+ would listen.IMG_20200320_153615.jpg

Nice!
Now I’m listening my S8F, I love how they sound.

Mar 21, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #4,583 of 5,204
Nice. You've found the V14 to be a little overwhelming and maybe tiresome for your taste, how are you finding the S8z in comparison? And btw, I've heard S8F had a pretty deep and audible bass, do it still presents that strength? People always talk about it being bright or aggressive.
[/QUOTE]

I can't speak to a comparison with V14 or S8F (looking forward to your comparisons Redrol) but I have been listening to the S8Z at least a few hours a day for the last week and I would describe the bass as confident. Listening to something electronic like Tycho which often has very low freq tones, the bass is deep and very present but never overwhelming or so forward that it causes me surprise. If listening to something funky like Vulfpeck, the bass has solid and tight "slam" but is not overly present. It's just right to me. There is so much instrumental separation with these IEM's that I agree with BGGAR when he called the S8Z a "detail beast". These will reveal details both wanted and unwanted.

Mar 22, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #4,584 of 5,204
Nice! Keep em' coming...

Bass is fantastic for a ba, extension, rumble, and impact are all there. I never felt like it was lacking as I’ve listened to them

Mar 22, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #4,585 of 5,204
Nice! Keep em' coming...

That's interesting because I found S8z to be way more overwhelming compared to V14's.

Mar 22, 2020 at 1:56 AM Post #4,588 of 5,204
Hmmm def would need to put on my hearing list! Thanks for a liner impression~ and you were right after 50-60 hours ish v14 just felt so smooth afterward :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back