FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Nov 6, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #4,216 of 5,204
Congrats!!!!

Wait, is this roland or the fully custom tune that we have talk about?

Roland-S8f... Chimeras

Is there an advantage for having more BA dedicated to mids? Also, I can see why you need eq, they probably did no R&D to optimize that crossover.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #4,218 of 5,204
Roland-S8f... Chimeras

Is there an advantage for having more BA dedicated to mids? Also, I can see why you need eq, they probably did no R&D to optimize that crossover.
From what I gather, the crossover is the same as the S8F, which is already pretty intense. I'm less about the crossover and more about the filter- I bet a quick filter swap would dial this in pretty easy. My EQ adjustments are pretty simple.

The added BAs remove the "hole" in the Roland's FR and extend the treble past the ESTs.

Nov 6, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #4,219 of 5,204
Congrats!!!!

Wait, is this roland or the fully custom tune that we have talk about?
Full custom, and man, do these ever sound like your kind of thing :ksc75smile:

Nov 6, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #4,221 of 5,204
How do you get this special edition ?
The power of asking :smile_cat:

Just thought it might sound good, so I asked Lillian if Fearless might try. They did and it's great!

Nov 6, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #4,223 of 5,204
Electro Acousti cables have the best value for price. 4 core Neotech Up-OCC Litz cable sells for around $82. You can also have them make custom adapter cables for you for different terminations. Everything from the jack, y-split, connectors, etc, is customizable with a lot of options to choose from. I use that and one of their other cables with my Fearless S8F. Have a look - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/all-wholesale-products/5003206.html

Many thanks for recommendations, I cant decide between Copper, Zilver and Copper with Silverplated which one is best for S8F to tame the treble and increase the bass impact :)

Nov 6, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #4,224 of 5,204
Many thanks for recommendations, I cant decide between Copper, Zilver and Copper with Silverplated which one is best for S8F to tame the treble and increase the bass impact :)
Copper. The Gu.Craftsman 6N 8 core is especially good at this. If you go copper with EA, make sure you get an 8 core or the new 26AWG if you're looking to round out the treble. The 28AWG is great, but it's a bit notchy for that use.

Nov 8, 2019 at 3:31 AM Post #4,228 of 5,204
Has been away from head-fi and got so many private messages asking about that "IEM which can't be named".

So to all of you here is what I think:

I speak about Shuoer EJ07 rebrand for well known banned shop.

They have the most ergonomic shell I have ever personally had. Very comfortable and very good sound isolation.

In terms of sound they are closer to S8F than to Roland if you know what I mean with the difference.
They might lack some extra "sparkle" in Treble but that makes them sound realistic in it's Treble response.
Sonion ESTs make them sound very good and extended in high frequincies.

Bass is something out of this world. Best subbass response I have experienced. It might have drawn too much attention(only by a little margin though) but after burn-in it sounds simply amazing.
They use very high quality dynamic driver in these.

As for mids they are somehow similair to S8F but without harshness. Tons of detail but not harsh at all. Yet they are not dark at the same time.
Vocals are not in your face but overall realistically positioned.

My personal opinion that considering 11.11 prices these are THE BEST price/performance Sonion EST / Sonion BA / Dynamic out there.
For it's price on sale you simply can't get anything better.

I have also noticed Bad Guy got his Shuoer EJ07 review in preparation so I decided to check out how much it costs on Linsoul and well....... yeah.

I have also noticed that they have decided to put Knowles Dual BA now instead of Sonion Dual BA and use different cable but could not find any other difference.

I am waiting for Bad Guys review on these to check what he eventually measures up and how it compares with measurements which I have.

Overall, my advice - GET THEM ON 11.11 WHILE YOU STILL CAN. We won't see such prices in a year and it's a shame to miss them on their sale price.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #4,229 of 5,204
I've read the differences between the S8F and the Pro and I am leaning toward the Pro.

But the last thing I want to know is how the imaging and soundstage is different between the two?
For reference I have the DM6 and the stage on that thing is marvelous! but the imaging is okay(hazed).

My music is very complex (orchestral and metal tracks) and imaging is very important for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back