FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Apr 6, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #1,201 of 5,204
Sweet sweet details. This track is a just a treat with the layers of instruments presented to you.

it sounds magical with the S8pro

Apr 6, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #1,202 of 5,204
I have a Beyerdynamic T1 gen 2 with iFi Micro Black Label,
Do you believe any of the Fearless lineup can bring equivalent or better sound restitution ?
I'm pretty tempted to sell it off and grab a pair of S8F's ^^
@Hawaiibadboy

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #1,204 of 5,204
Something about details with the acme8.

u can hear the "beep" @ micheal jackson
The Track Rammstein -Rammlied when they shout "rammstein" in the background, "stein" is whisperd again , u can hear that with the LX and the ACME8 i dont hear that with the DM6...

listen to In Flames - Stay with me with the ACME -> goose bumps :D
( try this track with your fearless ! )
so very impressed with the ACME8 so far :)

to be continued....

After your post, i tested if the whisper present on my Bayer T5p and 535se. I can hear it on both. I believe this is an insignificant thing that always presents at good pairs.

The whisper is around one fifth of volume of Lindemann, BTW.

Apr 6, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #1,207 of 5,204
Nah, you always need a back up don't you? :p

Ha... Seriously though, after a week of listening only to the S8F at work I went back to the Katanas and was kinda taken aback.. The Katanas are a little more recessed in their presentation, perhaps I could say a little more balanced but damn if they didn't sound a little less detailed and refined as the S8F. I've been trying to rid myself of the "burn in" idea because I'm well aware that even one's current mood can affect perceived sound of an iem but just a week ago I was convinced that the Katanas were superior. It's not even just about preferences now for me as even though I do like the "presentation" of the Katanas, one that emulates listening to speakers, that slight forwardness of the S8F has with it more clarity in that region. All the micro details are present in the S8F as are all the spatial cues such that now it just sounds like a tuning difference that corresponds to the differences in their graphs. I'm not sure if I'd say that the Katanas (at almost 4x's the price retail) are actually any better, just different... to my ears.
That last part though may be the key though as I am approaching 50 and my ears are losing some of their upper freq so the S8F's extra up top really suits me..

I'll spend more time getting back to the Katanas as "normal" and compare back to the S8F..

I am really interested to hear about the HyperS though.

*edit** now after only an hour with the Katanas again I'm remembering what in like about them... They are detailed but smooth where the S8F have a bit more bite. Both have "sparkle" but in different ways. They are very complimentary and seem to suit different recordings. Oh the luxury of having two very nice iems...

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #1,208 of 5,204
After the somewhat disappointing copper cable from the same brand, this is a really good one from NICEHCK. Nice to the touch, great braid and same sound as the stock cable.
IMG_20190406_175949.jpg
IMG_20190406_182905.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #1,209 of 5,204
Something about details with the acme8.

u can hear the "beep" @ micheal jackson
The Track Rammstein -Rammlied when they shout "rammstein" in the background, "stein" is whisperd again , u can hear that with the LX and the ACME8 i dont hear that with the DM6...

listen to In Flames - Stay with me with the ACME -> goose bumps :D
( try this track with your fearless ! )
so very impressed with the ACME8 so far :)

to be continued....

The whispered stein in that song can be heard clearly on my DM6 (with poweramp and DVC). It's not even hard.. Not compared to the beep in Wanna be starting somethin

Apr 6, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #1,210 of 5,204
...That last part though may be the key though as I am approaching 50 and my ears are losing some of their upper freq so the S8F's extra up top really suits me..

*edit** now after only an hour with the Katanas again I'm remembering what in like about them... They are detailed but smooth where the S8F have a bit more bite. Both have "sparkle" but in different ways. They are very complimentary and seem to suit different recordings. Oh the luxury of having two very nice iems...
The top bit might be why I enjoy the S8Ps so much. I'm not only a lifelong musician and a professional in the field, but suffer from tinnitus, which makes overcooked upper ranges almost excruciating.

The lower bit is almost exactly how I'd describe the S8 Pros.

Apr 6, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #1,211 of 5,204

That's a slick looking cable. I have a Gu.Craftsman 6N silver coming in later next week; can't wait to compare!

Apr 6, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #1,213 of 5,204
That's a slick looking cable. I have a Gu.Craftsman 6N silver coming in later next week; can't wait to compare!
The Gu.Craftsman cables look very nice too. Post some pictures once you have your S8P connected to it. The NICEHCK will be my 3.5mm solution. The 4.4mm terminated one is arriving next week too, Forza Audioworks silver/copper hybrid.

Apr 6, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #1,215 of 5,204
That is an amazing bass line. So musical and punchy!

If you have time, check all her releases. The mix/mastering is top notch. It is one giant goodie bag for the S8F/S8pro or any set that has high detail retrieval.

---

I can't seem to find a good fit with any of my eartips. The ones I am using now inserts really deep and I feel pressure every time I yawn which means air is blocked from escaping through my ears. I don't know if this is a good thing or not since don't you need air pressure to transmit sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back