FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Apr 5, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #1,186 of 5,204
Second impressions after a bit now. They sound like the S6rui....

Definitely will be selling one of these pairs. I listen to a lot of female vocals and honestly I think I may prefer the S6Rui presentation of them so far. Lorde is sounding a bit scratchier.

We'll see how burn in affects that, right? @Hawaiibadboy :beyersmile:

Seriously though. I'm not sure most people would find these to be worth the extra hundo. They are a bit larger as well, tips fit better on them but I can see people having fit issues.

Apr 5, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #1,187 of 5,204
What i can tell after an hour listening . i changed the Tips to Final Type E. QP2R used on balanced out. Effect Audio Ares II cable.

Comfort is very very good on all 3. hard to tell a winner here..
The iem is a little bit smaller then LX and a little bit bigger as the DM6.( can do a photo of all 3 next to each other )

DM6 are brighter. have way less bass impact. When u listen to the Legend X and go to the DM6, u think something is missing, not so with the ACME8!
These both are another level.

Bass Impact is very huge, goes very deep ,hits hard and dry. LX is deeper / harder but its close ..in quantity..( 2 subwoofer vs this labyrinth tube BA ) very impressiv..
quality of the bass is better on LX is more these analog speaker bass.
i hear no spelling into mids so far. detail retrieval is very good also, didn´t miss any (micro)details so far.
LX has a bigger soundstage. but acme is not really "in your face" .
treble is also very good, good extension crisp and airy , not harsh.

Overall soundsignature is not fatiguing.

more later. :) :) :)

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #1,188 of 5,204
What i can tell after an hour listening . i changed the Tips to Final Type E. QP2R used on balanced out. Effect Audio Ares II cable.

The iem is a little bit smaller then LX and a little bit bigger as the DM6.( can do a photo of all 3 to each other )

DM6 are brighter. have way less bass impact. When u listen to the Legend X and go to the DM6, u think something is missing, not so with the ACME8!

Bass Impact is very huge, goes very deep ,hits hard and dry. LX is deeper / harder but its close ..in quantity..( 2 subwoofer vs this labyrinth tube BA ) very impressiv..
i hear no spelling into mids so far. detail retrieval is very good also, dont miss any (micro)details so far.

Bass is amazing. Peerless in the BA world me thinks. It reminds me of Sony N3Ap. more detail than the sony but both have not bright but a bit dark tuning. In a world full of Harman targets it's nice for the switch-up. Amazing bit of work to create that lattice and make it work. Company was unknown 2+ months ago. Wonder how many other gems there are?

Apr 5, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #1,189 of 5,204
Bass is amazing. Peerless in the BA world me thinks. It reminds me of Sony N3Ap. more detail than the sony but both have not bright but a bit dark tuning. In a world full of Harman targets it's nice for the switch-up. Amazing bit of work to create that lattice and make it work. Company was unknown 2+ months ago. Wonder how many other gems there are?
If someone can find these GEMS...
you are the man :D
i have to thank u again for the third iem in my collection which i really like / (will) enjoy.
i think i dont have to look for another iem in the next time ... maybe source hunting now :D ( but the QP2R is really amazing )

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #1,190 of 5,204

Are you going to get the HyperS 12? I'm interested in that as my TOTL

Apr 5, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #1,191 of 5,204
Received word last night that my S8F are ready to be shipped. Will have to contact DHL with tracking number and inform them to deliver to MY address this time. From just initial impressions of @SciOC of the S8F and @cr3ativ3 of the ACME8, I think the correct chose was made for my listening pleasure. Was listening to the Alclair Curve last night and even it sounded great paired with the ES100 in balanced mode. Also have the Massdrop Plus with 3BA’s and the DM6, so am in hopes that the S8F will prove superior to any of those in sound quality. Happy to know that the size of the S8F is not much bigger then the DM6 as the DM6 fit perfectly. Not as perfect as the Massdrop Plus, but extremely close. The wait is almost over.

Apr 5, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #1,192 of 5,204
Apr 5, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #1,194 of 5,204

The iem is a little bit smaller then LX and a little bit bigger as the DM6.( can do a photo of all 3 next to each other )

i hear no spelling into mids so far. detail retrieval is very good also, didn´t miss any (micro)details so far.

LX has overall thicker presentation. But not much .
Some micro details are easier to catch with the LX but they are there at the acme.

What I can say right now , the acme is what I was looking for :)

@HBB did u try go balance with the acme ? If not , u should u hear more details.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #1,195 of 5,204
Are you going to get the HyperS 12? I'm interested in that as my TOTL

I am going to get that :)

LX has overall thicker presentation. But not much .
Some micro details are easier to catch with the LX but they are there at the acme.

What I can say right now , the acme is what I was looking for :)

@HBB did u try go balance with the acme ? If not , u should u hear more details.

No....BUT.... The filters on the Hugo 2 are quite obvious to me ( 4 kinds) and I chose to use a different one. I gotta re-visit.

Apr 5, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #1,196 of 5,204
Ended up ordering the S8Freedom. Coming from Brainwavz B400, I am really excited when they finally ship. A bit out of my price range but I would rather spend the extra $100 now than have to spend $600 later if I ever want to upgrade them.

Looking forward to the impressions of the HyperS12, I am still kind of surprised that the S10 aren't that great compared to the rest of the lineup, but hopefully the S12 will fare better.

Apr 5, 2019 at 11:56 PM Post #1,197 of 5,204
Ended up ordering the S8Freedom. Coming from Brainwavz B400, I am really excited when they finally ship. A bit out of my price range but I would rather spend the extra $100 now than have to spend $600 later if I ever want to upgrade them.

Looking forward to the impressions of the HyperS12, I am still kind of surprised that the S10 aren't that great compared to the rest of the lineup, but hopefully the S12 will fare better.
Going from the b400 to these is going to be nice. Much more of a whole package.

It'll be like introduction to BA drivers then advanced BA drivers.

Apr 6, 2019 at 12:54 AM Post #1,198 of 5,204
Apr 6, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #1,200 of 5,204
Something about details with the acme8.

u can hear the "beep" @ micheal jackson
The Track Rammstein -Rammlied when they shout "rammstein" in the background, "stein" is whisperd again , u can hear that with the LX and the ACME8 i dont hear that with the DM6...

listen to In Flames - Stay with me with the ACME -> goose bumps :D
( try this track with your fearless ! )
so very impressed with the ACME8 so far :)

to be continued....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back