FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Apr 3, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #1,126 of 5,204
I guess the numbers differ from vendor to vendor. My customization at Penon's was clear shells (K9) with A5 faceplates.
Perfect! I'm probably going to use Penon as well. Your picture looks totally different from the website. Thanks!

Apr 3, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #1,128 of 5,204
See if you can get a coupon code, if available. There was some code mentioned a while back (not sure if it was for linsoul though).
At the moment there are no discount codes available for Fearless as far as I know.

Apr 3, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #1,129 of 5,204
I'm yet to try them as they are not shipped yet. But, i had sent the 3d scan file to linsoul, who had fwded to fearless audio and confirmed that they should be able to make the customs based on this.

If you look at ultimate ears and other custom manufacturers, most have moved to 3d scanning even the physical impressions they have gotten, because unlike earlier the whole process is digital after that. (ofc, they have 3d ear scan through partnership with the united Sciences as well).

So, us sending the digital scan should be the same as sending the physical impression for them, as they will anyways 3D scan it. As always, the quality of ear impression matters a lot. (which the 3d ear scan thing somewhat circumvents as it is easier to not mistakes there).

I sure would like to have my ear 3D scans that I had done through United Sciences, but the company went bust many years ago.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #1,130 of 5,204
I'm yet to try them as they are not shipped yet. But, i had sent the 3d scan file to linsoul, who had fwded to fearless audio and confirmed that they should be able to make the customs based on this.

If you look at ultimate ears and other custom manufacturers, most have moved to 3d scanning even the physical impressions they have gotten, because unlike earlier the whole process is digital after that. (ofc, they have 3d ear scan through partnership with the united Sciences as well).

So, us sending the digital scan should be the same as sending the physical impression for them, as they will anyways 3D scan it. As always, the quality of ear impression matters a lot. (which the 3d ear scan thing somewhat circumvents as it is easier to not mistakes there).

Thank you. That was v helpful

Apr 3, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #1,131 of 5,204
Are you guys going for customs or unis?
I cannot decide, yet...
Customs seems great but the audiologists in my town are only doing physical molds, no digital...
So yeah it adds shipping fees to China ~25€ + audiologist appointment ~20-30€ + customs from Fearless 60$ = ~120$ topping the 539$ of the S8F (because wood), damn.

Firstly I was interested in customs because of curiosity, but the fees are adding and on one side I am wondering "Is it really worth the risk of a bad fit?" and on the other side "If I go uni will I regret not testing the customs?"

Also the faceplates are so gorgeous, I want them all :x

For that sort of price i imagine Earsonics could be a better bet due to location?

Apr 3, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #1,132 of 5,204
I sure would like to have my ear 3D scans that I had done through United Sciences, but the company went bust many years ago.

If it's any consolation you would probably need a fresh set of impressions any if it was that long ago.

Apr 3, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #1,133 of 5,204
tracking :
Further Detail:

Shipment has been given a release by Customs.

Next Step:
Unless there is an adhoc exam or a stop by another regulatory authority the shipment will proceed to delivery.

does this means its allready trough the customs ? cant remember from the dm6´s what was the status when it was trough.
maybe someone can tell me from your trackings

Apr 3, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #1,135 of 5,204

That's strange, because I find reference to a custom manufacturer in my country, using them for 3d scanning even now. Maybe, their Kickstarter failed (direct B2C venture), but they may be still doing the direct business sales/partnerships?

Apr 3, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #1,136 of 5,204
That's strange, because I find reference to a custom manufacturer in my country, using them for 3d scanning even now. Maybe, their Kickstarter failed (direct B2C venture), but they may be still doing the direct business sales/partnerships?

Strange indeed. They were located in Georgia, US and no one has heard any info about their previous campaign since 2016. Thanks for your info though.

Apr 3, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #1,137 of 5,204
Off topic question ... For my DAP's I purchased a few 'dust cover' or 'plugs' for the DAP's USB Jack and for the 3.5mm Jack ... If anyone kind of knows what I am talking about ... Does anyone know where I can get a 2.5mm dust/plug version?

Thanks

Apr 3, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #1,138 of 5,204
Anyone looking to sell their S6?

Apr 3, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #1,140 of 5,204
Got that cable from Aliexpress with a 4.4mm balanced termination NICEHCK copper.

Not very impressed by the quality of the 2pin connectors and the material used for the braid. The connection with the S8F is not very firm, but not loose either. Soundwise, I immediately noticed a less impactful bass and a global less vivid sound compared to the stock 3.5mm cable. At USD 30.-, I guess it does its job though, but I won't keep it. If someone is interested, just PM me.

Forza Audioworks 4.4mm hybrid copper/silver cable is on its way. Sure it is a bit more expensive, but you get a real premium cable. I already have one for the Sony Z5 and I found it superior to the Sony/Kimber cable in terms of built quality and, dare I say, sound. Matt does a fantastic job with his cables and the prices remain reasonable. He's an audio enthusiast himself and deliver first class service to his clients. I recommend him highly for those looking for an aftermarket cable without robbing a bank.

My 2 cents on the cable topic. The snake oil problematic is real. Paying thousands (or even hundreds) of USD for an aftermarket cable is questionnable, irrespective of the IEM prices. There is a demand for that kind of products, so supply came and prices went uphill lately. For me, paying USD 100 / 200 max for a nicely built and good looking cable, with solid connectors, top material and good ergonomics is fair. Most of time, I even do hear a difference, especially with the OC Studio cable and Forza. Not so much with other brands so far tbh. Is it placebo? Maybe. But I don't care, because I hear it and that's what counts.
I am waiting for my ISN C16 2.5 mm 2 pin balanced to arrive. I had the one you have shown in my cart, but decided to get the C16 instead. Now, from what you have said, I'm kinda glad I didn't go for that one. Hopefully, the C16 will be a good match with my Kanas Pro. It sure looks nice, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back