FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Apr 2, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #1,111 of 5,204
So, linsoul now says they were incorrect to state that any S8f models were in stock and ready to ship. So now I have apparently a 7-10 day wait for an ugly color combo. Oh, and just like last time I had to follow up with them.

This is my second transaction with linsoul and while I find them polite and cordial, they're not exactly wowing me.

Since they didn't have it in stock, did you tell them you wanted it in a different style? If its a 7-10 processing it means they send the order to Fearless to make the iems. In that case just tell them you want a different style.

Apr 2, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #1,112 of 5,204
I wrote them an email almost 2 weeks ago...never heard back.
Honestly doesn't sound like them. They must've missed it. They've been responsive, just not... On the ball.

My last email was asking if I can change the color combo or get a refund or if I'm stuck with what they told me was in stock. Haven't heard back yet.

Apr 3, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #1,113 of 5,204
Are you guys going for customs or unis?
I cannot decide, yet...
Customs seems great but the audiologists in my town are only doing physical molds, no digital...
So yeah it adds shipping fees to China ~25€ + audiologist appointment ~20-30€ + customs from Fearless 60$ = ~120$ topping the 539$ of the S8F (because wood), damn.

Firstly I was interested in customs because of curiosity, but the fees are adding and on one side I am wondering "Is it really worth the risk of a bad fit?" and on the other side "If I go uni will I regret not testing the customs?"

Also the faceplates are so gorgeous, I want them all :x

Apr 3, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #1,114 of 5,204
I cannot decide, yet...
Customs seems great but the audiologists in my town are only doing physical molds, no digital...
So yeah it adds shipping fees to China ~25€ + audiologist appointment ~20-30€ + customs from Fearless 60$ = ~120$ topping the 539$ of the S8F (because wood), damn.

Firstly I was interested in customs because of curiosity, but the fees are adding and on one side I am wondering "Is it really worth the risk of a bad fit?" and on the other side "If I go uni will I regret not testing the customs?"

I guess it depends if you're willing to take the risk of maybe having to send them back to China for a refit if it doesn't work out the first time. If it's your first custom you might want to get something locally just in case so that you're covered if something goes wrong. That said though, you're likely to pay more than the cost of the Fearless if you buy locally. For example, the Ear Sonics EM2-Pro starts at € 620.00 for a 2 BA unit.

Apr 3, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #1,115 of 5,204
I cannot decide, yet...

I went customs, but based on what others are saying these should work very well on universal, as well because of the shape and insertion. Btw, i also was not finding any one who was doing 3d ear impression, so i had to find a 3d printing company who did the 3d scan of the impression, I got from the audiologist. This works better because firstly there is no delay of sending the scans, and secondly, you'll have the digital copy always with you.

Apr 3, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #1,116 of 5,204
customs seem cool but for a hobby where improvements are made all the time and trying new things is part of the fun, i'd have to be VERY confident that i'd be sticking with something for a long, long time and not reselling it in order to order customs. i could see myself doing that with these, now that i've tried them, but oh well!

Apr 3, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #1,117 of 5,204
customs seem cool but for a hobby where improvements are made all the time and trying new things is part of the fun, i'd have to be VERY confident that i'd be sticking with something for a long, long time and not reselling it in order to order customs.
exactly same opinion here.

Apr 3, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #1,118 of 5,204
Got that cable from Aliexpress with a 4.4mm balanced termination NICEHCK copper.
IMG_20190403_102150.jpg

Not very impressed by the quality of the 2pin connectors and the material used for the braid. The connection with the S8F is not very firm, but not loose either. Soundwise, I immediately noticed a less impactful bass and a global less vivid sound compared to the stock 3.5mm cable. At USD 30.-, I guess it does its job though, but I won't keep it. If someone is interested, just PM me.

Forza Audioworks 4.4mm hybrid copper/silver cable is on its way. Sure it is a bit more expensive, but you get a real premium cable. I already have one for the Sony Z5 and I found it superior to the Sony/Kimber cable in terms of built quality and, dare I say, sound. Matt does a fantastic job with his cables and the prices remain reasonable. He's an audio enthusiast himself and deliver first class service to his clients. I recommend him highly for those looking for an aftermarket cable without robbing a bank.

My 2 cents on the cable topic. The snake oil problematic is real. Paying thousands (or even hundreds) of USD for an aftermarket cable is questionnable, irrespective of the IEM prices. There is a demand for that kind of products, so supply came and prices went uphill lately. For me, paying USD 100 / 200 max for a nicely built and good looking cable, with solid connectors, top material and good ergonomics is fair. Most of time, I even do hear a difference, especially with the OC Studio cable and Forza. Not so much with other brands so far tbh. Is it placebo? Maybe. But I don't care, because I hear it and that's what counts.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #1,119 of 5,204
I went customs, but based on what others are saying these should work very well on universal, as well because of the shape and insertion. Btw, i also was not finding any one who was doing 3d ear impression, so i had to find a 3d printing company who did the 3d scan of the impression, I got from the audiologist. This works better because firstly there is no delay of sending the scans, and secondly, you'll have the digital copy always with you.

How did the fit work out in the end via this method? To my understanding 3D in-ear scans are usually done by special equipment literally taking a scan of your ear canal. Did getting a 3D printing company to scan the physical ear impression work ok for you in the end?

Apr 3, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #1,120 of 5,204
Got that cable from Aliexpress with a 4.4mm balanced termination NICEHCK copper.

Not very impressed by the quality of the 2pin connectors and the material used for the braid. The connection with the S8F is not very firm, but not loose either. Soundwise, I immediately noticed a less impactful bass and a global less vivid sound compared to the stock 3.5mm cable. At USD 30.-, I guess it does its job though, but I won't keep it. If someone is interested, just PM me.

Forza Audioworks 4.4mm hybrid copper/silver cable is on its way. Sure it is a bit more expensive, but you get a real premium cable. I already have one for the Sony Z5 and I found it superior to the Sony/Kimber cable in terms of built quality and, dare I say, sound. Matt does a fantastic job with his cables and the prices remain reasonable. He's an audio enthusiast himself and deliver first class service to his clients. I recommend him highly for those looking for an aftermarket cable without robbing a bank.

My 2 cents on the cable topic. The snake oil problematic is real. Paying thousands (or even hundreds) of USD for an aftermarket cable is questionnable, irrespective of the IEM prices. There is a demand for that kind of products, so supply came and prices went uphill lately. For me, paying USD 100 / 200 max for a nicely built and good looking cable, with solid connectors, top material and good ergonomics is fair. Most of time, I even do hear a difference, especially with the OC Studio cable and Forza. Not so much with other brands so far tbh. Is it placebo? Maybe. But I don't care, because I hear it and that's what counts.
I have basically this cable from nicehck. Long term it also discolours and stiffens up...

Sounds fine though. I have tons of cables, I don't really think they sound all that much different, except the less you pay, the more likely to are to get a lemon. I do hear a bit of difference between types, SPC, pure Cooper, pure silver.

As for custom versus universal, universal is the way to go for resale.

Still haven't heard back from linsoul, unusual for them. Honestly I only ordered the S8f from them because i got my s6rui from them. I see no problem for them changing my order, if they have one coming, guess what, they will have one in stock in 7-10 days they can ship immediately.

Apr 3, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #1,121 of 5,204
20190403_162554.jpg My S8F have arrived last week, thanks to Penon and their very fast delivery. Being quite an early bird they even put an ISN C16 2.5 cable into the package - thank you for that!

I did not find the time to listen to them closely but here are some pics anyway....

20190403_162825.jpg 20190402_080047.jpg20190403_162521.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #1,122 of 5,204
My S8F have arrived last week, thanks to Penon and their very fast delivery. They even put a ISN C16 2.5 cable into the package - thank you for that!

I did not find the time to listen to them closely but here are some pics anyway....

Nice! Please let us know what you think of the sound. I really like the look. What is the code for that faceplate? I'm so close to ordering an S8F.

Apr 3, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #1,123 of 5,204
I guess the numbers differ from vendor to vendor. My customization at Penon's was clear shells (K9) with A5 faceplates.

Apr 3, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #1,124 of 5,204
I have basically this cable from nicehck. Long term it also discolours and stiffens up...

Sounds fine though. I have tons of cables, I don't really think they sound all that much different, except the less you pay, the more likely to are to get a lemon. I do hear a bit of difference between types, SPC, pure Cooper, pure silver.

As for custom versus universal, universal is the way to go for resale.

Still haven't heard back from linsoul, unusual for them. Honestly I only ordered the S8f from them because i got my s6rui from them. I see no problem for them changing my order, if they have one coming, guess what, they will have one in stock in 7-10 days they can ship immediately.
Now linsoul sent me a shipping confirmation... I have a theory on what happened that I can't prove, but who knows.

What.... Whatever, just means I'll have them sooner.:gs1000smile:

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #1,125 of 5,204
How did the fit work out in the end via this method? To my understanding 3D in-ear scans are usually done by special equipment literally taking a scan of your ear canal. Did getting a 3D printing company to scan the physical ear impression work ok for you in the end?

I'm yet to try them as they are not shipped yet. But, i had sent the 3d scan file to linsoul, who had fwded to fearless audio and confirmed that they should be able to make the customs based on this.

If you look at ultimate ears and other custom manufacturers, most have moved to 3d scanning even the physical impressions they have gotten, because unlike earlier the whole process is digital after that. (ofc, they have 3d ear scan through partnership with the united Sciences as well).

So, us sending the digital scan should be the same as sending the physical impression for them, as they will anyways 3D scan it. As always, the quality of ear impression matters a lot. (which the 3d ear scan thing somewhat circumvents as it is easier to not mistakes there).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back